TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

PS2 Mod Chips.

You need to get HD Loader or HD Advance, which are programs that access the HD and boot games and what not. You can just download it if you have swap magic. Then you just run the disc like you'd run a game, and do everything from there.

A USB HD would be an external HD I guess, and you don't want that.

After doing a bit more research - namely on the BlackCats forums, as they're awesome for info - I figured out what I need. I have HDLoader in ELF form on a jump drive, and that loaded up just fine on PS2 with SwapMagic (well, fine insofar as there's no actual drive installed, of course). I figure this whole setup will cost me around $63. $50 for the drive, obviously, and $13 for an enclosure to transfer games from the pc to the drive (prolly using WinHIIP, I think its called). Since I've a laptop, that means pretty much the only method to connect the drive to it is through USB. So. I think I have this all figured out... or am I missing something?

You could just burn games and install them from a disc to the hard drive. That's what I do because moving the HD back and forth would be a pain in the BUTT. Also that way you have a backup in case you lose the games on the hard drive or if the game doesn't work on the hard drive.

True, but I heard how much that wears down the laser. I figure I can keep backups on the laptop, in rar format, so there's no loss of data. The movement back and forth wouldn't be a bother to me, really. My room is very small; I could play ps2 and comp all at once if I wanted to.

My only concern is the lasting power of the drive; when it breaks down or whatever. But, thats what warranties are for, eh? ^.^