TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

The deepest draft in a few years and its the one draft Danny Ainge isn't stock-piling picks for. Trade Sebastian Telfair already and when Wally comes back from injury long enough to play 3 in a row you trade him too.

Kwame, Farmar, Turiaf for Gasol. Do it NOW.

I'm thinking Memphis might balk at that one.

Obviously, lol. They need guards.

Wanna know how bad the Celtics are right now? According to the standings at NBA.com, they're 0-11 in their last 10 games.

The Celtics don't need another rookie who needs 3 years to adjust to the pro game the team needs a vet who can lead take them to the playoffs. Too bad they are going to fire the coach for the losing record when they should be blaming the GM for the crazy brain typing schemes.

Dunk contest participants

Nate Robinson, NY

Gerald Green, BOS

Dwight Howard, ORL

Tyrus Thomas, CHI

That's pathetic. Ooh, how exciting.

I'm vaguely curious to see Dwight Howard in it, but really, it just ain't what it used to be.

It hasn't been anything since 1988 or so....

The numbers next to the teams are their positions in the Hollinger daily rankings.

Dunk contest participants

Nate Robinson, NY

Gerald Green, BOS

Dwight Howard, ORL

Tyrus Thomas, CHI

No Ryan Hollins or James White can kiss my ass.

Why the fuck isn't James White in this? His stuff in the college dunk last year was ridiculous. Hell, the only reason he's in the league is because he can jump out of the gym.

Oh please. Jason Richardson is the greatest slam dunker in NBA history. Now....besides his years.....

I can't remember any dunk that Richardson did. That's not to say that he isn't a great dunker but I don't remember anything memorable that he has done. Nothing interesting has happened in the contest since the late 80s (except maybe the year Vince Carter won it). The new guys may be more athletic and creative, but they are just doing extensions of things we've been seeing over and over again for the last twenty years. I say just bury the thing instead of running out a pale imitation every year. I mean does anyone give two shits about the dunk contest anymore?

I'd rather see a game of HORSE with guys throwing it up from all over the gym than the dunk contest.

Three-point contest

Dirk Nowitzki

Gilbert Arenas

Damon Jones

Jason Kapono

Mike Miller

Jason Terry

How is Brent Barry not in this. You could have done without Jason Terry. Also would have liked to see Al Harrington, but I guess he didn't want to be in it. Maybe Barry didn't, either.

I like how everyone is like "Damn the dunk contest sucks. Piece of shit waste of time. blah blah blah blah." then you watch it anyway.

So for one of Nate's dunks, a Knick will be making a pass. I like the choice he makes. Probably not the Knick you'd expect, but he's nice.

I'd rather see a game of HORSE with guys throwing it up from all over the gym than the dunk contest.

I'd rather watch Gilbert Arenas shoot 3 pointers with his left hand from half court while drinking a liter of Sprite with his right hand.

Oh please. Jason Richardson is the greatest slam dunker in NBA history. Now....besides his years.....

I can't remember any dunk that Richardson did. That's not to say that he isn't a great dunker but I don't remember anything memorable that he has done. Nothing interesting has happened in the contest since the late 80s (except maybe the year Vince Carter won it). The new guys may be more athletic and creative, but they are just doing extensions of things we've been seeing over and over again for the last twenty years. I say just bury the thing instead of running out a pale imitation every year. I mean does anyone give two shits about the dunk contest anymore?

Here ya go

Three-point contest

Dirk Nowitzki

Gilbert Arenas

Damon Jones

Jason Kapono

Mike Miller

Jason Terry

How is Brent Barry not in this. You could have done without Jason Terry. Also would have liked to see Al Harrington, but I guess he didn't want to be in it. Maybe Barry didn't, either.

Better question is why isn't Nash in it. That's a joke, unless he turned it down. He's shooting them at nearly 50% percent. Arenas, on the other hand, has a 3 point percentage of only 37%.

Better question is why isn't Nash in it. That's a joke, unless he turned it down. He's shooting them at nearly 50% percent. Arenas, on the other hand, has a 3 point percentage of only 37%.

Well, Nash is already in the skills challenge, so I'm guessing he probably didn't want to do both. I don't know who actually got invites.

This is the only one you need, really. Shame he didn't save it for the finals, or he would have won.

EDIT: And

one.

"He's sick! He's got the flu, he's sick!"

Tyrus Thomas just rolled an ankle going for a breakaway dunk.

No free money for him, perhaps?

Karma's a bitch.

The Bulls should call up Memphis and see if they'll take PJ Brown's contract, Tyrus Thomas and a future draft pick for Pau Gasol. He just sounds like the wrong guy for that Chicago team, especially with Skiles as coach.

I had a notion that getting Webber would help the Pistons, but wow. They just dismantled the Lakers last night... thats good to see after that malaise the Pistons were on before this little run they've put together.

I was listening to a podcast of Jim Rome when he had Tex Winter on and Tex's criticism of Kobe is that he is still trying to play the game his own way, trying to force things and not letting the game come to him, and I agree with that.... Kobe has way too much talent to get stuck in this kind of rut... its agreed that he needs better players around him, but trying to force the game one way or another is only going to lead to frustration for him, the Lakers and their fans. Not that it hasn;t already...

Melo should have been kept out of the All-Star game for his pussy act that got him suspended.

I was all for Melo, but I gotta say, I think Stern got it wrong. Mehmet Okur got screwed. Or Deron Williams

Kobes problem right now isthat he is trying to put together all these great late game performances. He keeps coming into 4th quarters having taken 3 shots and then tries to take over in the end of the game. He needs to keep it going like he did in the very start of the season.

I think Luke Walton missing is hurting him though. THat guy stuck to the fucking triangle.

Guest Vitamin X

Man, whoever thought we'd be saying Luke Walton is a valuable piece of the Lakers' triangle? Besides Bill, anyways..