TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Final Fantasy III

This is the first FF ive played since FFX, and i must say, its much fucking better than that. I hated FFX and it really put me off the series, even more so than FF8.

But doesnt anyone else think that some of the battles, esspecially when you get onto the world map, are a bit hard? The dudes with swords do loads of fuckin damage, and it gets worse when you get to the first town. Those cave skeletons do like 40 damage when you only have 43 health. Whats the point?

But it looks very cute and it plays pretty good. I think this could actually be the best FF since 7.

I think its a pretty good upgrade of the original and I wish all the games being re-released would get an upgrade like this.

BTW, for that first town, the Mythril Mine doesn't have anything in it. Its just a special spot where you can sit there and get 100xp for Luneth and Arc. This you can do till about 15-18; give or take your patience, I only waited till 13 but you could easily get them near that high. For all the undead in the mines, train Arc or Luneth with the spell of Cure use it every battle till HPs in trouble, leave, repeat. This will also let you get their Freelancer pretty damn high and therefore make it pretty useful.

Makes the game a heck of a lot easier. Also when you get your first jobs, the only classes to start with are Red Mage and Warrior. I'm sorta using White Mage and Black Mage now that there's enough spells to be had for them, but early on those two classes are the only ones I like. I don't like Monk as it doesn't seem to do anything and Thief is well Thief, so I'll eventually need one I suppose.

I find it hilarious that early on, bows are pretty nice weapons. So different from the other games.

I appreciate the fact that the only way I find out where the hell I hafta go is by actually talking to people within the towns. Downside is I don't appreciate you aren't really given many directions.

As for the story... It hasn't really been good. There's not much character interaction and the plot hasn't even really kicked into why the Warriors of Light are doing their job.

Pretty good overall but I'd hardly call it the best one.

Well i cant see this being the best of the series, thats for sure. And to be honest (and although im sick of playing it/hearing about it) FF7 is going to be tricky to top. Great characters, great story, great gameplay, great look etc etc.

Oh, and thanks for the tips.

How can 3 be the best since 7? This is some backwards math, but it's luke-o.

Because, I assume, any resemblance of the Final Fantasy 3 DS to the original Famicom game will be superficial?

How can 3 be the best since 7? This is some backwards math, but it's luke-o.

Im basing it on order of European release.

For a second there I thought we were talking about FF 6 (aka 3 on SNES) and was wondering why I didn't understand any of what you were all talking about. :P What system did this get released for? GBA?

Its a DS upgraded release. Looks kinda like FFVII does. BTW, I'm sorta not really sure where the hell I'm supposed to go next. I saw the village in which it was totaled and all the men were taken away by soldiers of King Angus (sp?), but I head west and just find the Village of Ancients instead of where I need to go (however, I get goodies in terms of upgraded gear). Just where the hell is it that I'm supposed to go west?

...oh and I thought it was totally cool to find out the continent was in the air, before being told the deal about it in the Village of Ancients.

Its a DS upgraded release.

And by upgraded, redone completely in gameplay, graphics, sound, battle system, story, and so on.

Basically, FF3 for famicom didn't come out here earlier/in a less altered form because folks who have played it say its so god-awful that it would be laughed at by everyone if it weren't completely overhauled.

And remember, Squeenix released FF2 here too on Dawn of Souls!