Paramount Pictures has set Thursday, May 22, 2008 for the release of the next

Indiana Jones movie, which the studio is now officially referring to as the

'Fourth Installment of the Indiana Jones Adventures.' The picture maintains the

Memorial Day weekend release strategy of the last two Indiana Jones movies, and

it mirrors the last two 'Star Wars' movies and 'The Matrix Reloaded' with its

Thursday launch.

Also currently scheduled for Memorial Day weekend 2008 is Warner Bros.' 'Speed

Racer.' Two other event-style pictures have previously staked out May 2008

releases dates: Paramount's 'Iron Man' (May 2) and Buena Vista's 'The Chronicles

of Narnia: Prince Caspian' (May 16)

Indiana Jones 4 and new Narnia film in the same month??? Holy shee-it!

Small news note:

Unless he's allowed to use a real whip, Ford may pull out of the movie.

Gotta admire that. No CGI whip for Harrison f'n Ford. Even he realizes they look really stupid.

I say give him a whip and let him go nuts. Indiana Jones without a real whip isn't Indiana Jones.

Amazing, we get a damn near 70 year old Harrion Ford playing a daredevil like hero and an 80 year old man playing his father. Hooray!

The only way I'd see Speed Racer is if his car transformed into a giant robot and the movie was called "Transformers."

Didn't all the nostalgia for "Speed Racer" die about 10 years ago? I seem to vaguely remember it being popular again around the time I was in college THE FIRST TIME.

Terrible news!

John Rhys-Davies has confirmed at recent convention that he will not be returning as Sallah because his character wasn't written into the script.

Sean Connery made an official statement that he won't be involved in the 4th installment of the Indian Jones series. He stated the following:

"I get asked the question so often, I thought it best to make an announcement. I thought long and hard about it and if anything could have pulled me out of retirement it would have been an Indiana Jones film. I love working with Steven and George, and it goes without saying that it is an honor to have Harrison as my son. But in the end, retirement is just too damned much fun. I, do however, have one bit of advice for Junior: Demand that the critters be digital, the cliffs be low, and for goodness sake keep that whip by your side at all times in case you need to escape from the stunt coordinator! This is a remarkable cast, and I can only say, 'Break a leg, everyone.' I'll see you on May 22, 2008, at the theater!"

:(

Sean Connery is retired? When did that happen?

Two or three years ago, he's been done for quite some time now. He'll do video game voice work but that's it.

In 2005. I'm sure it had something to do with the box office failure of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen since that was his last film. He's probably still kicking himself for turning down the roles of Gandalf and Morpheous.

A last hurrah Indiana Jones flick wouldn't be so bad. He'd be in the role Sean Connery was in the 3rd. That aging world traveler with one last big find.

And real whips? Sweet. I always loved the Indiana Jones movies.

Hey, Ford looks just fine. I don't know what's keeping him young, but the whole world needs it.

I, do however, have one bit of advice for Junior: Demand that the critters be digital, the cliffs be low, and for goodness sake keep that whip by your side at all times in case you need to escape from the stunt coordinator!

Now THAT'S funny.

Weird that they wouldn't put Sallah in the script, considering Rhys-Davies had that massive career resurrection as Gimli and all.

In 2005. I'm sure it had something to do with the box office failure of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen since that was his last film. He's probably still kicking himself for turning down the roles of Gandalf and Morpheous.

His logic for taking the part in League of Extraordinary Gentleman was hilarious. I read an interview where he explained why he picked the role and the jist of it was"They offered me The Matrix and I turned it down because I didn't get it. Then they offered me Lord of The Rings and I turned it down for the same reason. Then they offer me this and I don't get this but I better take it because it'll be a huge hit like Lord of The Rings and The Matrix and I'll make a ton of money!"

I don't know how I feel about all of these old guys coming back for one last sequel. I wonder when it's going to stop? I predict it'll end after Steven Segal stars in the Direct to DVD, Under Siege 3.

Meh...

shia-labeouf-pompadour.jpg

So Indiana Jones' son is going to be a gay James Dean? Who could have possibly thought that hair was a good idea.

The title of the movie is officially Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Looks like

Harrison Ford can finally take the fedora out of mothballs.

The Hollywood megastar told a German magazine on Wednesday that after rewrites too numerous to count, he and director

Steven Spielberg are finally satisfied with the script for the forever-in-the-works fourth installment of the whip-wielding, tomb-raiding adventurer.

"Steven Spielberg and I now have a script in hand that we both like. I believe that we can start with the filming soon," Ford was quoted as saying in an interview with Fit for Fun, a German lifestyle and entertainment magazine.

The 63-year-old actor, who's been making the publicity rounds this month for Firewall--his first certifiable action thriller since 1997's Air Force One--demurred, however, on a start date.

That depends on the busy schedules of the Indiana Jones triumvirate of Ford, Spielberg and producer

George Lucas. But Ford indicated he was ready to get back into the swing of things, adding that he needed "to do a little practicing with the whip" to avoid injuries.

Ford's reps did not comment further, and a Lucasfilm spokesperson said Wednesday that Lucas was not available to comment on the status of Indy 4. But appearing at last week's Empire Awards in London, his producing partner, Rick McCallum, said Lucas had made his final tweaks to the script by Jeff Nathanson (Rush Hour and Catch Me If You Can) and handed it off to his two pals for final tweaking.

"[George has] just finished the Indiana Jones script, and Steven's having that rewritten and a few things done," McCallum said, according to published reports.

Spielberg's publicist, Marvin Levy, confirmed as much to E! Online.

"[The script] certainly seems to be [in the can], but I don't think we're at that point where we have a firm start date," Levy said. "But this is certainly the closest where we've been in this whole development process."

Levy also denied an earlier report that Spielberg was considering taking a year off after doing War of the Worlds and Munich back to back. He said the two-time Oscar winner is working not only on getting Indy 4 off the ground, but also Lincoln, his upcoming biopic on Abraham Lincoln that will reunite him with his Schindler's List star,

Liam Neeson.

"I think it's much more likely that he will do an Indy movie before he does Lincoln. The Lincoln script is not as far in the development stage and...frankly, Steven may not want to do another serious movie after doing a Munich," Levy said.

He noted it's possible Spielberg "would be starting something before 2007."

It's been a slow, tortuous march to production since the project was officially announced in January 2002. The trio brought in Oscar-nominated writer-director

Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) to take a crack at writing a story about the aging archaeologist, but Lucas vetoed the draft, putting Indy 4 on hold indefinitely until Nathanson found an angle that pleased the principals.

By the time Indy 4 does get rolling--this year or next--Ford will have turned 64 and will probably be 65 by the time Paramount releases the movie in theaters. The actor is next set to play Colonel Everton Conger, the man who tracked down Abraham Lincoln's assassin, John Wilkes Booth, in Manhunt, which starts filming next month.