TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
theintensifier

OAO No Way Out thread

Not to be a jackass or anyting, but with most people who want to by a PPV at home essentially now having to have digital cable or satellite (ie, the cable company really forces you to have digital cable if you want cable now), does any of this really matter? Does anyone buy/order a PPV weeks before or just select it right before it starts on digital cable/satellite like I do (and I think most people do). It's not like the 80s and 90s when you had to order it a couple of days before. Thus, as long as they announce the ladder match is off a week or so before the PPV, I don't think the WWE is duping people to spend their money on a false card.

Please let me know if people get their PPV another way at home where you would order it ahead of time now-a-days.

Not to be a jackass or anyting, but with most people who want to by a PPV at home essentially now having to have digital cable or satellite (ie, the cable company really forces you to have digital cable if you want cable now), does any of this really matter? Does anyone buy/order a PPV weeks before or just select it right before it starts on digital cable/satellite like I do (and I think most people do). It's not like the 80s and 90s when you had to order it a couple of days before. Thus, as long as they announce the ladder match is off a week or so before the PPV, I don't think the WWE is duping people to spend their money on a false card.

Please let me know if people get their PPV another way at home where you would order it ahead of time now-a-days.

It's more so that people made the decision they were going to order it in advance based off the strength of the card. You sell people on a match and take it away for no real explained reason.

I wasn't a fan of making the 4-way ladder rematch in the first place because it smacked of desperation booking.

I'm not a fan of Deuce & Domino, so I'm not all that looking forward to the PPV tag title match.

I'm also not a fan of the way they went about making the match, having it be a WW_.com "exclusive" news item. I know they had to get the news out quickly since the PPV is coming up quickly, but I'd rather see the angle play out on TV with all the players involved. These bookers need to be more on the ball. Yeah I know, tall order for this group of monkeys with typewriters.

Why does that make you think they have no idea what to do with the Hardyz or MNM? Maybe they DO know what they're doing and they don't want to overuse them as much as they have already.

If they had known what they were doing, then either:

a) The Ladder Match wouldn't have been scheduled

b) The Ladder Match would still be scheduled

That they made a major booking change like that just days before the PPV with no injuries from the participants shows that they do not in fact know what they are doing.

Not quite. We've seen countless schedule changes to PPV including taking off hyped matches before. If anything, this just indicates they decided to close shop on the Hardyz/MnM tag team feud and willl split it up across the respective brands.

Nothing to this scale though, surely?

I guess it's better than cutting it because of Melina's 'ego, like I was expecting to be revealed.

To confuse things more, here is a new official match for NWO:

Benoit and The Hardys vs. MNM and MVP.

Also confirmed by WWE.com was Helms vs. Daivari vs. Chavo vs. Moore vs. Funaki vs. Yang vs. Scotty vs. Noble.

They call it "Helms' toughest challenge to date", but isn't this pretty much the same match he had at last year's NWO with a few guys swapped in and out?

To confuse things more, here is a new official match for NWO:

Benoit and The Hardys vs. MNM and MVP.

Also confirmed by WWE.com was Helms vs. Daivari vs. Chavo vs. Moore vs. Funaki vs. Yang vs. Scotty vs. Noble.

They call it "Helms' toughest challenge to date", but isn't this pretty much the same match he had at last year's NWO with a few guys swapped in and out?

I am thinking that Helms retains at NWO and loses the title at Mania

GAWD, dont tell me they're setting up Benoit vs MVP in an EPIC matchup for Wrestlemania. The dream match everyone is waiting for.

Maybe theyre saving the 4 way ladder match for WM although I dont think the SD tag titles were even on there last year to make way for the great team of Big Show and Kane as Raw tag champs.

The Cruiserweight stuff is always good, although Scotty looks 40 years old and the whole division is the same as when Chavo was doing it 2 years ago they should just reuse the old scripts.

The commercials are really annoying playing up the ME as huge and unique. But wasnt the same thing done at last year's SNME the one nobody watched, well actually nobody watched either one, with the WM opponents teaming up against the other? I think it was the curtainjerker to make room for the HBK/Shane match everyone cared about. And it was 3 on 2 since Raw maineventers are GREATER than SD maineventers, especially that Mysterio kid.

Hmmm...with no WWE PPV in March, that would be a really good time to have a SNME or other special to build towards WM. Do they have any plans for anything like that?

Hmmm...with no WWE PPV in March, that would be a really good time to have a SNME or other special to build towards WM. Do they have any plans for anything like that?

yea i read somewhere that they r going to tape SNME on march 5 and show it on MARCH 10th

I flew into Los Angeles last night to take care of some business, and what do I see when I pass the Staples Center but an advertisement for No Way Out.

I'm a Starbucks about a mile away from the arena, so I'm going to head there in a half hour or so and see if I can score a ticket from a scalper. This looks like a really fun PPV.

Nice to Davari do the quick job.

Helms has new music? I liked his old generic music.

GREGORY. HELMS.

Man, and even quicked job by Funaki.

Cole: We've seen Shannon Moore on ECW over the past couple of weeks

Have we? Did he even appear on ECW?