TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO Against All Odds PPV Thread

The card:

top1.gif

FINAL CARD FOR THIS SUNDAY’S “AGAINST ALL ODDS” PAY-PER-VIEW

Plus, “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner to appear on the Countdown Preshow!

Here is the final, updated card for this Sunday’s “Against All Odds” Pay-Per-View epic event available on iNDEMAND, Dish Network, DirecTV, TVN, Viewer’s Choice Canada and more! Call your cable or satellite provider for availability!

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Unofficial Enforcer: Samoa Joe

Cage’s Consultant: Scott Steiner

World Champion Christian Cage vs. Kurt Angle

PRISON YARD MATCH

Sting vs. Abyss w/ James Mitchell

X DIVISION TITLE MATCH

Champion Chris Sabin vs. Jerry Lynn

LITTLE ITALY STTREET FIGHT

NWA World Tag Team Champions The Latin American Exchange vs. Team 3D

MOTOR CITY CHAIN MATCH

“The War Machine” Rhino vs. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles

BASEBRAWL 2

Team Eckstein vs. Team Pierzynski

CHRISTY HEMME’S TNA IN-RING DEBUT

JAMES STORM & MISS TENNESSEE vs. PETEY WILLIAMS & GAIL KIM

PRESHOW MATCH: Sonjay Dutt & Jay Lethal vs. Serotoin

Plus, the preshow will feature an appearance by “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner!

I'm still on the fence about ordering this, but I figured I'd get the discussion started. I think the card has sleeper potential in a few matches that could be really good despite weak builds (Lynn-Sabin and 3D/LAX come to mind). I think the first hour or so will suck, with the basebrawl and Christi Hemme matches, but it should improve from there. Ironically, one of the things that would have made this a surefire order for me would have been a Senshi/Austin Starr match. They've been building to it for awhile and it would have been a nice bone to throw to people who like wrestling, especially on a card that doesn't involve Joe and Daniels in matches. I'm really surprised they didn't throw that in here. But one of the things I have to admit that I like about the card is that, other than the main, all the top matches feature homegrown talent feuding with names (3D-Lax, Sting-Abyss, Rhino-AJ). Say what you want about Russo, and I definitely think there's a lot to be said, but under the old regime, the top was filled with name-name matches (for three months, the top two feuds were Jarrett-Sting and Christian-Rhino).

So yeah, I'm on the fence. I'll probably decide close to bell time. Who else is ordering? What do you guys expect to see?

Ill have to wait untill the results come in unless someone can provide me with a stream.

Ill watch the PPV when its shown in the UK on wednesday.

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Unofficial Enforcer: Samoa Joe

Cage’s Consultant: Scott Steiner

World Champion Christian Cage vs. Kurt Angle

Joe is meant to be getting the NWA title soon, and he got pulled from ROH so TNA could keep him in their own storylines, and this is the best they can do with him? As for the match itself, it's a Smackdown PPV midcard match and it'll have interference all the way through. Christian Cage is simply not a world champion. He got his chance, which he did deserve, but he failed. Cage is the new Jeff Jarrett, in that he's the heel world champion that just doesn't cut it in the role but they're pushing him in that role regardless of that fact. The build up has been uninspiring, and I don't see anyone having any real emotional investment in this match and truly caring what happens. It's also a match where either guy winning carries more negatives than positives. Christian winning set up Joe beating him for the belt next month, but it devalues Angle even further and it keeps the world title on someone who doesn't cut it in the role. Angle winning does set up Angle vs. Joe for the title, but it's a match that has gone from something special to totally meaningless, and it would also take the steam off of the new heel group right out of the gate. I'll go with Cage retaining the title, as it's the lesser of two evils.

PRISON YARD MATCH

Sting vs. Abyss w/ James Mitchell

Total 'Attitude Era' garbage. Who could possibly care about this?

X DIVISION TITLE MATCH

Champion Chris Sabin vs. Jerry Lynn

The match itself should be good, but the chances are good we'll get some bullshit finish or lame comedy involved.

LITTLE ITALY STREET FIGHT

NWA World Tag Team Champions The Latin American Exchange vs. Team 3D

Why not just have a streetfight? Why the need to create some Italian background for Bubba Ray just to give the match a goofy name? LAX should win, if only because Bubba's pissing and moaning and his unprofessionalism when it comes to working with Homicide should not be rewarded with a win over the company's hottest heel act.

MOTOR CITY CHAIN MATCH

“The War Machine” Rhino vs. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles

A 'Motor City' chain match in Florida. That makes sense(!). We'll probably have another fuck finish, probably with AJ winning, and it won't matter because they'll keep this feud going with some post-match angle that renders AJ's victory meaningless.

BASEBRAWL 2

Team Eckstein vs. Team Pierzynski

Who cares?

CHRISTY HEMME’S TNA IN-RING DEBUT

If Hemme is facing

Big Fat Oily Guy

, then I hope that Orlando crowd shit all over this bullshit. This whole storyline is just utter bullshit.

JAMES STORM & MISS TENNESSEE vs. PETEY WILLIAMS & GAIL KIM

A probable victory for the heels to set up Chris Harris coming back for revenge. Or, because it's a SWERVE~, Harris will return and turn heel.

No matches for Joe or Daniels, AJ put in a match where he can't do any of his big moves, a host of silly match names, and storylines and matches that are taken right out of 1998. TNA, thy name is Russo.

My predictions:

Cage

Abyss

Team 3D

Sabin

AJ (interfernace by either Tomko or Steiner, ill go with Tomko)

Dont care about the basebrawl

Hemme

Williams/Kim when Harris returns

Pre show - Seriotnin. Have nash come down at the end to further the storyline

Steiner just did a hell of a bizzare interview on the countdown show ending with him saying "I'm hungry" - teasing a Tomko/Steiner match or something too.

They got dancers in the cages ala back in TNA from years back (during the weekly shows in Nashville) as part of the Little Italy street fight. I know, it doesnt make any sense. Small cafe tables are also in the ring as they are doing the LAX-Duds match first on the ppv I guess.

I really didnt like that opener that much as it was all over the place, we didnt need the random "gang" run-ins. Was that one guy Machete? Overall just a filler "match" to continue the program I guess. The strippers out there made no sense but I still didnt mind.

They added Starr-Senshi to the ppv (why didnt they advertise this ahead of time for the lineup?) - this should be something. Nice surprise.

Whats up brotha Young?

Damn near the entire front row wearing what appears to be baseball jerseys?! The fuck....?!

This match is good so far....

Been good - busy as hell but not bad! Whenever I make a trip back out there we should take a smoke cruise to TJ for one of their lucha shows. I was back in CA in Dec and missed it last time, damn!

Hmmm Backlund v. Starr next month?!! That was the weakest chicken face submissions I have ever seen, esp. as they left the ring. They didnt give Starr-Senshi enough time at all unfortunately.

Steiner v. Tomko is one of the dumbest ideas of a program I've heard in awhile.