Matt Hughes vs Chris Lytle

Jon Fitch vs Luigi Fiorvanti

Renato Sobral vs Jason Lambert

Undercard

Martin Kampmann vs Drew McFedries

Matt Hamill vs Rex Holman

Jamie Varner vs Jason Gilliam

Jason Dent vs Gleison Thibeau

Interesting card, if only for the ramifications it could have on a few divisions. Randy winning would be a huge moment that would be replaced moments later by the grim realization that he'll die at the hands of Cro-Cop. Dana has apparently told Babalu that if he beats Lambert there's a date with Tito waiting for him in June or July which should motivate the hell out of Babalu to crush Lambert as he's wanted a piece of Tito ever since Ortiz called him a B-level fighter. MacDonald can vault himself right into contender status by putting Franklin to sleep and if Hughes gets a tougher test then people realize in Lytle.

I hate Randy for coming back. I really, honestly do because he's given me hope that he can beat Sylvia and hope is a very dangerous thing to have, especially when Tim Sylvia losing his belt is concerned.

Main Event for the UFC Heavyweight Championship

Randy Couture vs Tim Sylvia

I also have hope. I know that Randy doesn't have a GREAT shot at winning, especially given his track record against big guys and his below-average finishing ability, but I think he's saavy enough and has enough wrestling to beat Sylvia. That is, of course, presuming Sylvia actually makes a fight out of it instead of doing his usual routine. If Jeff Monson was 6 inches taller and Sylvia wasn't a non-aggresive slug, I truly think Monson would've won the title.

Main Card

Rich Franklin vs Jason MacDonald

I, too, wouldn't be surprised to see The Athelete take it, though I don't think he will. If he does...it'll be interesting to see where both go from there.

I haven't seen alot of Lytle, but I think, like MacDonald, he has a slight chance for an upset, but I think Hughes will take it and set up GSP/Hughes 3.

Jon Fitch vs Luigi Fiorvanti

I admit to having no idea who Luigi Fiorvanti is. Should I?

Renato Sobral vs Jason Lambert

Undercard

Martin Kampmann vs Drew McFedries

Matt Hamill vs Rex Holman

This is gonna be more like a NCAA Freestlye Wrestling Match, I think. I can see the crowd shitting all over this one.

Jamie Varner vs Jason Gilliam

I've only seen his last fight against Hermes Franca, and I thought he showed pretty well in that fight and I'm not that familiar with Jason Gilliam, except that his nickname is "The Gizzard".

Jason Dent vs Gleison Thibeau

This card looks quite solid, with a couple chances for upsets. God, I just hope that Randy beats Sylvia, or at least doesn't look like a 43 year old man that no longer has any business fighting.

I haven't seen alot of Lytle, but I think, like MacDonald, he has a slight chance for an upset, but I think Hughes will take it and set up GSP/Hughes 3.

Lytle has a much of a chance beating Hughes as Serra beating GSP.

Lytle spent 3 rounds trying to avoid getting took down by Serra, what's he going to do when the greatest Welterweight of all time is trying to take him?

If Lytle wins, it would be the biggest upset in MMA History.

McFeddries/Kampmann should be pretty strikey but McFeddries was more of a brawler against Sakara whereas Kampmann's got a more technical style and might pick him apart because of it.

Isn't Kampmann a kickboxer by trade?

Lytle spent 3 rounds trying to avoid getting took down by Serra, what's he going to do when the greatest Welterweight of all time is trying to take him?

Uhhhh.........no.

No.

Uhhhh.........no.

No.

If not the biggest it'd be up there.

Biggest upsets personally that come to mind were when Mo Smith and Pete Williams beat Mark Colelman (when he seemed unbeatable)

For part of my valentine's present, I got a pair of tickets to this show. Pretty excited, haven't been to a UFC show before. I've been to the lesser promotions that run around here but I'm sure its safe to say that the UFC show will be worlds different.

I really don't want to see Randy get destroyed by Mirko. That is not how one of the best MMA fighters should be remembered, basically being a transitional champion. If he wins, I just do not see him lasting more than three rounds against Mirko. The man is just too devastating.

After what happened in his debut after all of that hype, can you blame them?

After getting O'Brien'ed, Heath had better come into this one ready.

I don't see the big deal with Herring, granted, I haven't seen much of him. But on paper he doesn't look all that impressive, the good fighters he's gone against he's lost to. And only has a 4-3-1 record since 2004

Randy's reaction time was visibly slower in the Van Arsdale and Chuck fights and even though Sylvia is slower then those guys I think Randy is going to struggle with getting inside on Tim long enough to grab a leg or get the clinch. His only real hope is circling on the outside in the first few rounds with the occasional leg kick and counter-punch mixed in and hopes that Sylvia wears himself out from all the jabs he'll no doubt be throwing. People will point to Sylvia going 5 rounds with Monson as proof of his gas tank but Randy will push a very high pace and it'll be very interesting to see how Tim responds to it.

Having said that, Sylvia, KO R3. Sorry, Randy. Cro-Cop beating Tim by KO will be for the best.

I'm almost pissed off enough at Randy for coming back that I want him to get murdered in a really brutal fashion. Then I remember he's facing Tim Sylvia and my anger for Randy is overridden by my anger for Sylvia being such a shitty champion.

I'm almost pissed off enough at Randy for coming back that I want him to get murdered in a really brutal fashion. Then I remember he's facing Tim Sylvia and my anger for Randy is overridden by my anger for Sylvia being such a shitty champion.

That pretty much sums up my stance, either way Mirko will wreck one of them eventually.

Sylvia sucks and Randy is pissing all over his own legacy by even fighting him. I don't want to see Randy lose but I do want to see Cro Cop KO Sylvia for the title so I'm torn.

I'm going to lay down my predictions for three of these fights.

Randy Couture vs Tim Sylvia

Prediction: Randy by split-decision. Yes, I am predicting this goes five rounds without either men getting knocked out. And I am predicting the guy heavily favored to win does in fact lose to a man over the age of 40.

Jason MacDonald vs Rich Franklin

Prediction: Rich by TKO (Strikes) in the first round. Sorry Jason, you're a stepping stone this time.

Prediction: Hughes by TKO (Strikes) in the first round. After his showing with GSP, I think Matt will be fighting with his best efforts to change the minds of anyone who thinks he's 'lost it'. I expect a brutal and quick finish.

I want three upsets tonight, but I think the only realistic one is the Athlete. I'm looking forward to this one.

Fight order:

Live

Jason Lambert (204) vs. Renato Babalu Sobral (204)

Rich Franklin (185) vs. Jason MacDonald (183.5)

Drew McFedries (185) vs. Martin Kampmann (185.5)

Matt Hughes (171) vs. Chris Lytle (169)

Tim Sylvia (263) vs. Randy Couture (222.5)