TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 68- 03/03/07

Am I the only one watching this?

That was a good first round of Lytle/Hughes. I was VERY impressed by Lytle.

I'm really pissed I ended up not being able to go. I don't know when I should expect them to return in such close proximity although I believe it did sell out, so that should help, right? I didn't even want to order it just to remind myself what I missed but has it gone well?

Geez, Sherdog is having problems and I can't access the Observer site altogether for results. That should be a good sign for UFC.

Ok...

Lambert over Babalu: 2nd round KO

Hughes over Lytle: Unanimous decision

Franklin over Athlete: Domination

Kampmann over McFedries: Arm triangle choke

Randy vs. Sylvia is in the 5th now. Total domination by Randy until now. 40-36 Randy on probably all cards.

Sylvia is the John Ruiz of MMA, isn't he? Guy can't even lose without drawing it out.

Edited by KingPK

That was one of the best moments I've ever seen.

As I watched, it kinda hit me...Sylvia is Semmy Schilt if Semmy Schilt sacrificed his punching power for a slightly better overall game.

So when will we see the animations od Sylvia getting knocked on his fat ass. All that was missing from that match was a Bill Conti score in the background.

Wow that was freaking awesome!!!! I am so glad I decided to buy this show. No doubt about 10 seconds into the fight that Randy was going to have a shot at it. Sylvia just had no answer and apparently Randy did find some holes in Tim's game.... Cro Cop vs Couture anyone??

I'm really pissed I ended up not being able to go. I don't know when I should expect them to return in such close proximity although I believe it did sell out, so that should help, right? I didn't even want to order it just to remind myself what I missed but has it gone well?

According to Rich Franklin and Dana the rematch with Silva will be in Cincinnati, maybe you can go to that one.

Amazing fight from Randy, totally not what I expected to see.

That's what it took to get you back?

ASELFKJEREJWKRQ#JKJ!~L!~~~~~!!~`1

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

\

\

Best

Moment

Ever

Randy Couture is Forty Fucking Three years old. His injury of being closer to death by a solid fucking decade, having a foot reach disadvantage and being half a foot shorter and 50 pounds lighter is far fucking greater than whatever pain Tim Sylvia has in his pussy.

You don't top that. MMA goes downhill from here.

Well, clearly Randy wasn't kidding when he said that he found holes in Sylvia's game. Randy just came right at him and Tim had no idea what to do. Rogan pointed it out-when they were standing up and Sylvia was jabbing, Randy was just moving side to side and baffling him. If Sylvia would've thrown a high kick or a knee or SOMETHING besides cluelessly punching, he probably would've been able to knock him out, instead, Sylvia was his sluggish, one-dimensional self and he got schooled. I liked after the fight when he gave the old, "Well, I had an injury coming into the fight..." line and he got booed mercilessly. As freakin' jacked as I was to see Couture win, now all I have to look forward to is seeing him get his head knocked in by Cro Cop. Crop Cop won't be afraid to throw a high kick. And I was happy to see Lytle have a good showing, and I was disappointed to see MacDonald get whipped, but Silva/Franklin II is gonna be all kinds of good.

I fear what Cro Cop could do to Randy.

So much that I'm definitely going to order it.

The show started off fine with Babalu/Lambert. I say "fine" in the 'fight that was pretty active and back and forth and had its fair share of moments when I thought it was over' way. I say "fine" with the "" around it above because Babalu lost in the most dumbfuck moves of the night that had me sour. Late in the first round Babalu went for a lunging knee and got hammered by Lambert and was almost finished if it wasn't for the bell sounding. There was no real purpose to this move as he didn't get enough height nor did he look to bring Lamberts head down to complete the move. It was basically to close distance in a totally ineffectual manner and he got tagged cause moves like that leave yourself open to a counter. After clearly getting the message that he shouldn't do that ever again and that Lambert has it timed, Babalu, of course, does it again and gets KOd in the second round. I thought the Liddell fight was just overzealousness, but this fight proves that Babalu -while a talented and wellrounded fighter- is dumb as a post.

The second fight was Hughes vs. Lytle. I had watched Lytle vs. Ross Mason from Cage Rage (I think CR15) where Lytle completely dominated and looked very good in winning that companies WW title. So it wasn't a big surprise for Lytle to last as long as he did. What was a lil more surprising was Hughes going about as he did, which was a lot more cautiously than anticipated. Clearly he was gunshy about losing 2 in a row, but he worked position way too much when he could have been GnPing. He was looking for one big game ending position and never got it, and because of that, it was a frustrating 3rd round. The first two were very good though, so overall it was a good fight. Lytle sweeping Hughes was a bigtime shock.

Third fight was Franklin vs. MacDonald and, well, MacDonald was a good choice of opponent for Rich. He never really had Franklin in trouble and couldn't deal with Riches technique and power standing. The Post Fight Hug from Anderson Silva and the mutual admiration was tremendous, proving that Silva and Franklin not only compete for #1 MW in the UFC, but also "coolest dude in MMA". As of right now, Silva has both titles. The look on his face coming to the ring was PRICELESS.

Fourth fight was a banger and I knew the second I said "MCFEDRIES vs. SILVA WOULD BE AWESOME" I knew McFedries would lose it. SWEET headnarm, but even sweeter fake-mount-to-switch by Kampmann. Kid got skills.

Fifth fight was amazing.

We hummed the victory song from Rocky and sang the chorus of "You're the Best Around" as soon as time elapsed. I don't think anybody in my group came out of the bar with non-strained vocal chords. Simply one the most memorable moments in MMA History. Sylvia clearly was outclassed for five rounds and looked completely perplexed about what to do in both the stand-up and ground games. The paw jab was ineffective, Couture completely nullified his reach by using speed and technique, and he didn't look like he knew what to do on the ground other that lay and pray. He hurt his image further by using the "I came into the fight injured" line. After a night where Jason Lambert shook Babalu's hand after knocking him the f out and Silva and Franklin man-hugged out of respect, Tim Sylvia looked like a tool by giving an excuse for being overwhelmed by a better fighter.

Couture-Cro Cop is going to be huge regardless of who wins.

According to Rich Franklin and Dana the rematch with Silva will be in Cincinnati, maybe you can go to that one.

Amazing fight from Randy, totally not what I expected to see.

Yeah, Cincinnati is right down the road. Is it expected to be PPV or a Spike Show? Either way, I'm there.

Couture vs. Cro Cop, built right, could be huge. Captain America versus unstoppable foreign killing machine. It's like right out of pro wrestling or a movie or something.