TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest rockaustin

Could I hook up my standard cable to this LCD tv?

Well, you can hook up cable to this monitor through a DVI connection if you have a digital cable box. You'd just have to switch it everytime you wanted to use it as a monitor.

Guest Vitamin X

My main TV (which is also HD-ready, by the way) is actually a PC monitor as well. Check this out.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/se...p;sku=W330-1902

I mean sure, it's only 19", but it's widescreen, HD-ready (all you need is a cable/satellite box, no over the air signals though) and it has pretty good resolution for a second monitor. I'm going to eventually get a larger HDTV (possibly get my old 30" Philips back) but for the bedroom/workspace as a small TV or as a dual monitor, I think it works great. Wall mountable, too.

Guest rockaustin

How's this one? It has an RCA input, I could definatly put in the standard cable (non box, just that one screw in wire) onto this right?

I doubt you'd be able to directly hook your cable into the monitor itself....however, it did describe use as TV as well. You'll likely need a 15-pin VGA cable.

EDIT: That's what I get for responding with out reading the whole thing. Component and composite in, so provided you have a source, like a digital cable box or satellite receiver, the second will work.

Guest rockaustin

So I WON'T be able to hook up a standard cable wire? I need to have a cable box? WTF?

Thanks.

From its "Features"

Experience wide-screen HDTV

Enjoy a widescreen theater experience and a high-definition picture quality with this display's widescreen aspect ratio, HDTV capability, and wide viewing angles.

Stunning TV, vivid graphics, sharp text

Ultra-high brightness of 450 (typ) and a high contrast ratio of 700:1 (typ) bring you rich, saturated color images and crisp text.

Advanced ClearPicture image processing

Integrated motion adaptive progressive scan, 3-D comb filter and 3:2 pull down give you a larger, clearer picture. Low level contrast enhancement brings clarity to darker images.

Connections for all your multimedia components

Multiple inputs provide easy connection of video accessories. Also included is and integrated NTSC (STD.TV) TV tuner

Digital audio

It's all accomplished by 3x3-watt-stereo speakers that complete the entertainment experience.

Clear, fast-paced presentations Fast 8ms video response time keeps your presentations and video crisp and clear. VESA 100x100mm compliant
So it looks like coax(standard cable wire) is possible so no Cable box needed. However, you won't see a true HD singal just by going by Co-Ax. I am just shocked that it doesn't have a HDMI or DVI input.

Triple edit: There is indeed a coax input, from the picture of the side....Yes you can watch TV on it, you'll need a source (like the set-top box I described, and Mole confirmed) for HD.