Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 2/15 Impact Thread

Preview:

gauntlettonight.gif

aaoaftermath.gif

TNA ANNOUNCES GAUNTLET MATCH FOR THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!”

Winner to get World Title shot at March’s “Destination X” Pay-Per-View

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling has announced that a Gauntlet Match will take place at this week’s “Thursday Night iMPACT!” on SpikeTV at 9pm ET. The winner of the bout will earn a title shot at NWA World Heavyweight Champion Christian Cage at the “Destination X” Pay-Per-View in March.

All of TNA’s top stars will compete to determine a true number one contender for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Two TNA stars will start the bout, with a new entrant every two minutes. Competitors are eliminated when they are thrown over the top rope. The final two participants remaining will compete in a one-fall singles bout to determine who advances to the Pay-Per-View to get the World Title shot!

TNA Wrestling management has announced the following names to compete in the huge Gauntlet match:

Abyss

AJ Styles

BG James

Chris Sabin

Eric Young

James Storm

Kip James

Kurt Angle

Rhino

Robert Roode

Samoa Joe

Scott Steiner

Sting

Tomko

ALSO THIS THURSDAY ON “IMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV:

- The wrestling world will hear from “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner, who apparently has some things to say to Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle!

- NWA World Tag Team Champions The Latin American Xchange will be in action

- Plus, TNA Knockout Gail Kim will take on “The Pride Of Tennessee” Jackie Moore in an Arm-Wrestling match!

All this and much more this Thursday night on Spike TV – witness the aftermath of the “Against All Odds” Pay-Per-View as TNA begins the road to March’s “Destination X” epic event!

I'm actually going to miss this show because i'll be traveling, but it actually looks like it could be fun. I've always been a sucker for battle royales, and having one on Impact guarantees we'll have more than 10 mins of wrestling this week (and the fact that the other two matches are squashes). Watching how they book the eliminations will be interesting...

- Plus, TNA Knockout Gail Kim will take on “The Pride Of Tennessee” Jackie Moore in an Arm-Wrestling match!

WHY? Somebody tell the writers that its not 1982!

What the hell Brotha Buh buh is a goodfella? Next week its a Fondu Pot match the loser gets cheez wiz poured on them! Damn near perfect Macho Man impersonation by Jay Lethal! Sonjay still sux.

I actually enjoyed IMPACT a lot this week.

Positives:

Jay Lethal- His Macho Man is awesome and I was already impressed with his ring work

The Fallen Angel promo- Finally, it appears he is going BACK to the Fallen Angel full gimmick instead of just the name

The Battle Royal- Very well done, no one got treated like a complete punk and it put over Steiner strong

Steiner's promo- He actually explained why he hates Angle and I'm totally fine with jealously as a reason

Backlund- Bob is just great, absolutely great. I forgot how much I missed him.

Negatives:

The Truth stuff- It's not funny and it's going nowhere, just let him be THE TRUTH again

The fat guy in the PI segment- Again, not funny and really stupid. Would have killed the whole segment without Lethal being awesome

Unoffensive:

The arm wrestling- I'm fine with it. Keeps the angle going just fine with Harris still selling the eye injury. Kim was already engrossed in the angle and now she has someone to feud. Plus Miss Texas claim was always how strong she was, it worked out seeing Kim "humiliate" her.

LAX match- They beat the hell out of two guys and set up the match next week, which just sounds like a strap match with a new name. The Big Pussy show up, I have no idea what that was about but I guess it was a SpikeTV cross promotion deal.

Yeah, I am digging the Christian/Tomko/Steiner stuff. Steiner pretty much defines the term guilty pleasure. One thing that separates Steiner from most everyone else is that he truly seems unpredictable. You never know what he's liable to say or do next.

Meltzer

--We don't have the Raw rating yet, but Raw destroyed TNA programming last night. This is TNA did a 0.5 and Impact fell roughly in half to 0.6.

Ouch. Double ouch.

With major luck, this might wake TNA up into realizing where they really are in the grand scheme of things. It should also kill off any fantasies of going head-to-head with Raw on Monday, because they wouldn't just get destroyed, they'd get smashed into tiny bits.

So nobody's going to mention Steiner tapping out to Angle in their first interraction?

The rating Raw got last night,3.0, wasn't exactly earth shattering even with Raw being shown at a different time and day. Actually, I thought Raw would do a lot better in the ratings than what they did. Impact was another good show with the highlight being The Gauntlet Match. I read a recap of Raw and am glad I made the decision to watch Impact instead.

So the very special 3 hour Nitro got poor ratings? This is not good for the sweeps month of February which dictates how much money they will get from sponsors and commercials. Back to having Darrel Talley hyping diet pills again!

The best comments on the rating, which is bad no matter how you'd like to spin it, come from the Torch. You've got a couple of people on their boad claiming TNA should be excused from making mistakes because they're so young, as well as the usual complaint about only having one hour. And Keller actually thinks Impact took a bite out of Raw's rating.

Last year's Thursday Raw drew a 3.4. This year's drew a 3.0. Why is that so hard to believe that Impact took took away some viewers that otherwise would've watched Raw? I myself choose to watch Impact over Raw. Had Impact not been on, I probably would've watched Raw.

The best comments on the rating, which is bad no matter how you'd like to spin it, come from the Torch. You've got a couple of people on their boad claiming TNA should be excused from making mistakes because they're so young, as well as the usual complaint about only having one hour. And Keller actually thinks Impact took a bite out of Raw's rating.

Keller has become increasingly stupid as the years have gone by. I was a Torch reading at one time but he's just so completely out of touch. Awhile back he claimed the WWE was so bad TNA could go head to head and baet them.

The only thing on TNA I enjoyed that much was the Jay Lethal Macho Man impersonation.

Last year's Thursday Raw drew a 3.4. This year's drew a 3.0. Why is that so hard to believe that Impact took took away some viewers that otherwise would've watched Raw?

IF any kind of sizeable number of regular Raw viewers did indeed tune into TNA instead of WWE, it means that MORE than half the regular TNA audience chose to do the exact opposite.

There's no way those numbers can be spun in favour of TNA.

I watched Raw and did a DVR of Impact and watched it immediately after Raw was over. Let's face it....Raw....Impact. Not a hard decision.

Watch the replay on Saturday Nite? Why watch 2 hours of a crappy Raw when there is Raw AM which is the condensed edition of one hour of Mr. McMahon rants, Ric Flair, the main event!