TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anya

Tekken 6

14 members have voted

1. 1. Leo's gender

• Boy
    • Girl

It truly is a shame. SF4 will probably come out in about 4 or 5 arcades in America. I could even name some of those arcades for you, this is how it is.

Haha I did a little research on TZ, and here is the list of all the arcades known to have T6 in all of North America.

-----------------

SoCal

Super Arcade

1211 Grand Ave

Walnut, CA

Texas

The Galleria TILT

5015 Westheimer Rd.

Houston, TX 77081

Planet Zero

12303 Westheimer Rd

Houston, TX 77077

Rhode Island

WARWICK MALL TILT

400 BALD HILL ROAD

WARWICK RI 02886

Canada

Lovegetty Station

505 Highway #7 East

Commerce Gate Plaza

Toronto, ON

-----------------

Four machines total in the states. That's just sad, seriously. :(

Haha. I was in Providence just last month for my brother's graduation. Warwick is only like 10 miles away. If only I'd known, I could have bailed on the graduation and gone to the arcade. I mean graduation is nice, but this is Tekken 6 we're talking about~!

So its all official for X360 n stuff...

But that D-pad... I dunno...

Fail for playing fighting games without a joystick.

Tekken inputs are too hard with a joystick. I tried, I really did. But after the thousandth time getting u/f+2 instead of Mad Axes, I gave up.

360's pad is complete ass. I wonder if there's a lag-free adapter to let you use PlayStation pads on a 360?

What really sucks is that the expected release date is Fall 2009. Ugh. Two years between arcade release and home release? Totally weak.

Yeah it's brutal.

I've played T6. Movement feels a lot different, step and backdash nerfed, it's jarring at first. Bound is fun. At least when you're the one juggling. Graphics are good, animation is especially awesome. Most of the old characters have a ton of reanimation. A lot of reanimating for getting hit, KOed, and win poses. Game looks really hard hitting.

Lili is pretty good. Tracking isn't as much of an issue now because of system changes, f+3 is now a "homing move" and f+4 tracks better. She has a d+3 low poke and some new BT moves. Damage and juggles are still good. You can do good damage and wall carry without even using her bound.

Julia is totally different. 1,2,1 is completely gone, Elbow doesn't knock down but f,f+1,4 is a mid, high nc. Lots of weird new moves. I've most played Lili. One thing that really sucks is that you can't do good damage in juggles without shotgun which I've never been good at when it counts.

New characters are all great, very cool looking, strong. Bob is super broke. Good jab strings, good d/f+1, good low poke, hellsweep, broke d/f+2, some good shenanigans. Funny though.

Azazel sucks. Not fun to fight at all. He just kinda stands there using his magical attacks. Lasers, falling rocks, crystal shard projectiles. He doesn't even really block moves, a force field randomly activates and prevents him from taking damage.

Oh a few other things about Lili

d/b+4 launches on normal hit now but is VERY slow. Snake Edge slow. Same animation but it takes her a year to start.

f,f+3(of the mostly useless f,f,+3,3+4 move) launches. It's slow and linear but hey, it's another safe launcher to throw out.

d/f+2 is now -10 but you can hold B to go BT.

new 3,2 strings seem useless in normal play but are great juggle filler. 3,2, d/f+1, 3,2,3 is used off a bunch of launchers(doesn't even use your bound).

Wall combo is W! b+1 B! f+3+4,3,4....yeah that all hits.

She has a wall THROW. Looks very awesome, does about regular throw damage, but it's easy to run up and do it after carrying to the wall. So if you're not going to be able to do the full b+1 combo you can do it. Nice finish too for the replay.

d/f+1 is now -1 on block and 1,2,3 is no longer nc.

ss+1+2 was a move I never used in DR. It's still slow but now it's safe and on CH you can hit d+3+4 for a full juggle....

Ugh, needing shotgun for juggles is terrible. That's going to make me have to find a new character. :( :( :(

Lili sounds fun. Are the new BT moves good, and does she have other new transitions into BT besides d/f+2? Good to hear she has a new low poke, since I didn't like any of her lows except f,f+4. Hopefully that's still around?

Is Bob fun to play? His look is so great, I was planning to use him just for that.

Oh, and how much does everyone having 10 frame jabs change the feel of the game? That's probably what I was worried most about when I heard all the changes...

Eric - I'm sure he has plenty of new 10-strings and multiparts for you to use!!!

You can go BT from d+1,2~b and ws+2~b.

New BT moves are like BT+1 and BT+2 are special BT jabs. BT 3+4 has replaced her old one(the reverse version of her 3+4 flip on your head) and is now some short flip into a punch. BT d+1, BT 1+2, and BT d+3+4 are still the best BT moves. Still not that great of a stance imo.

f,f+4 is still there, still + on hit. Still her best low. Also the old d/b+3 is now d/b+3+4 and no longer trips on normal hit. I have no idea why, that move already sucked.

She got a new move after u/f+3+4. u/f+3+4, 3. It's like her old standing 3 animation. It's high. I guess in theory you could mix up u/f+3+4, 3+4 and this to see if they'll try to duck the 3...whatever.

qcf+3+4 is a new move that kind of looks like Anna's qcf+4.

10 frame jabs isn't that bad. The movement is a bigger change.

Bob is fun ya. He has everything. He's got a set of CD moves including an epic Shoryuken. He's got this roll, you can roll back or roll forward with moves from it. His command throw tosses them way up in the air. He has some goofy looking strings and moves that are amusing just cause of his weight. Like he has a Devil Jinesque b+4 but with his giant legs. He is awesome. "Speed and weight!!!". and even in BR with a toned down d/f+2 and Hellsweep he'll still be really good.

You couldn't pay me to play King.

This is why I can't get into fighting games. f,f+4? 121? Fuckin latin to me..

Explain why that's difficult. 1-2-3-4 = Left Punch, Right Punch, Left Kick, Right Kick, which might be the only thing you don't know.

Standard Tekken notation, brah.

Then again, I don't know shit about sports, so it evens out.

The tough part is where Soul Calibur comes in...

Soul Calibur notation uses the A-B-G-K for button presses, and movement is generally noted with the numeric keypad (8 is up, 2 is down... look at your numeric keypad if you are confused).

Oh I understand it for sure.

But I feel even that I like QCF, QCB, HCB better than 214, 236, etc.

I've personally never been a fan of numeric notation. I have gotten used to it, though, reading the SC4 thread at shoryuken.com.