TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDevilAndGodAreRagingInsideMe

MLB 2K7

I've never played any of the 2K baseball titles before but I did like the MVP series. I might upgrade from MVP 04 b/c it looks to cost me $29.99. However, I'll wait to see some reviews, what some people on this board have to say, and probably rent it before making a decision. A big selling point will be whether I can shorten the length of the season or not because playing 162+ games for a season gets tedious really fast which is why I've mostly abandoned MVP 04 for my MVP 06 College Baseball game.

The game looks great, though I'm not too sure it'll supplant MVP 05 as my baseball game of choice. I've got the World Series edition of 2K5, and there are some elements I like, but I usually find myself going back to MVP. It's just a more fun and refined engine to play with. And the player animations were terrible in 2K games. Players screw themselves into the ground on every hit. Those weird throws infielders make. I'm glad to see they're vastly improved this year. Almost lifelike.

I really, really wanted a Wii version. I guess I'll have to wait 'till next year.

I haven't played 2K7, but 2K5 was dog shit. I have high hopes for this one, although I probably shouldn't. I really hope it turns out well, as I want a 360 baseball game and2K's presentation and elague setup is second to none.

This seems as good a place as any to discuss all baseball games. I bought and enjoyed NCAA '06 last year. This year it's been revealed that EA Sports merely took the rosters from the 2006 game and slapped them onto this year's teams. (For example, the #6 team this year have the rosters from the #6 team last year.) Half the fun of last year's game was that guys like Ryan Zimmerman, Alex Gordon and other recent draftees were in the game, albeit with fake names you could edit. All this game has to offer is a new pitching control. I'm not spending $30 for that.

I'll be more impressed if my outfielder doesn't act like a dog chasing its own ass.

Along with baserunners that actually follow the commands.

don't forget batters who's hips twist about 270 degrees when they make contact!

This seems as good a place as any to discuss all baseball games. I bought and enjoyed NCAA '06 last year. This year it's been revealed that EA Sports merely took the rosters from the 2006 game and slapped them onto this year's teams. (For example, the #6 team this year have the rosters from the #6 team last year.) Half the fun of last year's game was that guys like Ryan Zimmerman, Alex Gordon and other recent draftees were in the game, albeit with fake names you could edit. All this game has to offer is a new pitching control. I'm not spending $30 for that.

I doubt I'll be getting it until Delaware and the rest of the CAA makes the full list of teams. Hopefully that will be next year. Plus hopefully they stop worrying about whether or not they can fit in the cheerleaders and actually make sure the real players make the game.

EAsports has just been getting progressively worse each and every year. Too much focus on making stupid little innovations and not enough focus on the important things to sports games. Like accurate rosters and features that work with some consistency.

Take Two might sell the 2K sports franchises..to..Electronic Arts!

Ha..I bet that will go over like a lead balloon.

So EA will have complete control of all sports franchises?

FANTASTIC!

Time to go get my copies of NBA 2k and ESPN College Hoops 2K while I can.

Actually after doing a search, 2K sports is apparently headed for the selling block. If it goes up for sale, EA will be all over it. Apparently Take Two is looking to get rid of all unprofitable areas and the 2k sports games are apparently not able to compete with the EA name. That's a damn shame because they have been able to make superior sports games.

They made the best NFL football game before EA bought the rights to football, they are killing EA in College basketball and NBA games and about the only game where EA has produced consistent great games is the college football series and even that is starting to feel old.

I really REALLY hope Take Two decide to keep 2K sports but it doesn't look like that is likely. And no other company is going to buy it when they know they cannot outrun the EA name, even though they have been producing mediocre games left and right.

I had MVP 04 and didn't like it. I'd love to remember why, but I sold it back a while ago. I know I didn't like the franchise mode and the points-based contracts and the player morale was really hard.

They switched to regular dollar based contracts in 05. I always turn off the team chemistry option. It's a pain in the ass. It also played more realistic than 2k5 over the course of a season. A player with an A+ power rating in the 2K games was capable of hitting 60 to 70 HRs on a regular basis. That's ridiculous. Players with 99 power ratings in MVP would be lucky to hit 50. Count me in as someone who wouldn't mind EA having the MLB license back.

Relax guys. It's not true... It's just Marvin talking out his ass.

Yeah..

I really didnt want to reveal my source on the matter (bottom line scroll thing durring the last minute of AOTS before XPlay) but thats what it said. Apparently they think the acquisition of the 2K sports franchises could be worth as much as a billion dollars to EA, however EA would likely only have to cough up 200-300 million for them because Take Two is in such bad shape outside of the GTA series. Take Two sheds the 2K Sports franchises and the associated liscensing fees and they become profitable almost overnight, especially with GTA4 on the horizon. And as was mentioned, no other company that currently exists and has the money to make the purchase wants to compete with EA. So its pretty much inevitable, and as much as everyone is hoping consumer backlash over it, EA has proven they dont care what people think, especially when its "Yoy buy our game or you buy no games" like when it comes to Madden and NFL games.

I had MVP 04 and didn't like it. I'd love to remember why, but I sold it back a while ago. I know I didn't like the franchise mode and the points-based contracts and the player morale was really hard.

It also played more realistic than 2k5 over the course of a season. A player with an A+ power rating in the 2K games was capable of hitting 60 to 70 HRs on a regular basis. That's ridiculous. Players with 99 power ratings in MVP would be lucky to hit 50. Count me in as someone who wouldn't mind EA having the MLB license back.

That's what pissed me off about 2K6. In my season, David Ortiz had 40 homers. In May.

And this was AFTER I adjusted the sliders and turned the power one way down.