TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDevilAndGodAreRagingInsideMe

MLB 2K7

Am I the only person to like "MLB: The Show" Series. The gameplay was great and it is near impossible off easy to get more than 50 homeruns with the most powerful hitters. The only problem was the mess up with the Golden Era stars.

I am getting my copy in about 15 hours. And my girlfriend will be busy all day, so I can play alllllll day without getting any crap.

I'm fuckin pumped!!

Good God, this game is awesome.

One thing I love is that if the other pitcher gets on a roll, it's almost impossible to hit the ball.

And since Clemens was a free agent, he is now a BoSox. And Dice-K isn't in the game. It's Dennis Miles. I don't think you can change the persons name, but I'd like to.

I imagine Barry Bonds won't be in the game since he's seperated himself from the player's association a couple years ago. Also, no Kevin Millar or other scabs from the strike season too I would think.

Yeah I need to turn the power slides down even more soon.

Julio Lugo just hit a home run from a outside change up. And I'm playing on All-Star.

Fucking beautiful game.

I agree with Mole, the sliders need to be tweaked to make it a bit more realistic. I love Biggio, but no way he pops 3 home runs in a single game..

Ummmm, I just hit a ground rule double. Over the monster.

And stealing is soooo much harder. You don't have the speed boost like in 2K6. So you just have to get a good lead and take off once the pitcher starts his wind up. I've been caught about 12 times now and I've played 9 games so far.

I've also noticed that Wakefield sucks in this game. Yeah.

Julio Lugo just hit a home run from a outside change up. And I'm playing on All-Star.

I love Biggio, but no way he pops 3 home runs in a single game..

Ummmm, I just hit a ground rule double. Over the monster.

Yeah, I'm skipping this one. Seems like it has even worse glitches than 2K6 did.

Ok so it is out some places. I had people coming into Circuit City last night looking for it and all we have is a zillion copies of The Show

Ill probably get 2k7 seeing as I have bought 2ks game sthe last 2 years (too bad they wont offer it for 20 bucks like they did in 05) only issue is I quit playing my GM career last year when I started working and had less time and fell behind the real life season. after the yanks playoff loss I ha dless desire to play, so I never finished it. I could have simmed the rest of the season and did the playoffs, but I had ann undefeated season going (yea the game was a bit too easy even with adjusted sliders)

PK, all you really have to do for the game is adjust the sliders accordingly. Just drop the player power level and maybe raise a few of the CPU stats and the game will start to feel more real. The "GRD" over the Monster, I haven't come across but don't let a few things deter you from the game. IMO, I feel its a solid baseball game and insanely better than MVP 07 which I bought also when it came out.

I just got the game today, and I'm still adjusting to it after skipping 2K6 in favor of The Show '06. I haven't yet played an actual game because I spent like...5 freakin' hours switching rosters and renaming prospects and Barry Bonds so the rosters are accurate. I did, however, attempt to make use of my 14-day trial of MLBtv, but I don't think the website worked or I did something wrong. Has anyone else had success doing that? If so...hook a brotha up, yo.

One thing I like about this game is how in the top right corner they have league news. And I saw that Ryan Howard was unhappy with the Phillies. Sooo I try and trade for him.

I traded Clemens (who I signed, obviously and will probably retire at the end of the season) Timlin and Youks for Howard and Cole Hamels.

The next game, Hamels pitches a perfect game. And my lineup is stacked. Lugo, Drew, Papi, Manny, Howard, Tek, Lowell, CoCo, and Biggio (who I traded Clement, Wakefield and someone else who I can't remember to the Stros for Biggio, Wheeler and someone else.) I also signed Bernie who was a Free Agent.

I traded Clemens (who I signed, obviously and will probably retire at the end of the season) Timlin and Youks for Howard and Cole Hamels.

How can anyone take pride in these kind of trades?

Guest Queen Leelee

I know.

Who would trade Kevin Youkilis - King of Walks for the worst defensive player, base runner and biggest joke of an MVP winner in history.

So, what's the verdict on The Show? That's the title I was leaning towards getting, but I could use a little more convincing before I go out and buy it.

It was a good trade.

Howard is only making 200K and Youks was making much more than that. And this is a video game, so when someone is a 92 and the other is an 82, I'm going to go with the 92.

It was a good trade.

Howard is only making 200K and Youks was making much more than that. And this is a video game, so when someone is a 92 and the other is an 82, I'm going to go with the 92.

you're missing the point.

How can anyone take pride in these kind of trades?

billy_king.jpg

"Trading Iverson for thirty cents on the dollar was so good, I get to run the Phillies now!"

It was a good trade.

Isn't it boring ripping other teams off? Wouldn't it be more gratifying building your team through fair trades that benefit the other team as well?

Guest Queen Leelee

Mole has fun taking, and giving nothing in return. Let him be.

Isn't it boring ripping other teams off? Wouldn't it be more gratifying building your team through fair trades that benefit the other team as well?

I traded 1 great pitcher, 1 good pitcher and a decent 1st baseman for a good 1st baseman and an average pitcher. I'd say that's a fair trade. Besides, the force trade option is off so they wanted this trade. It took me a while just to get some interest because it was hurting their lineup.