TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDevilAndGodAreRagingInsideMe

MLB 2K7

Isn't it boring ripping other teams off? Wouldn't it be more gratifying building your team through fair trades that benefit the other team as well?

I traded 1 great pitcher, 1 good pitcher and a decent 1st baseman for a good 1st baseman and an average pitcher. I'd say that's a fair trade. Besides, the force trade option is off so they wanted this trade. It took me a while just to get some interest because it was hurting their lineup.

Average pitcher? You're talking about a 22 year old who struck out more than a batter an inning and has six YEARS before free agency. Ryan Howard for that matter has five years left until free agency, and just won the MVP. You're talking about getting those guys for an average first baseman, a reliever, and a pitcher you signed out of free agency! If you tried that trade in real life, first off Roger Clemens would exercise his right to block the trade as all free agent signees do, and second the Phillies would laugh you out of the building. It's a worse trade than some of the crap that gets posted on the mlb.com message boards, and that is saying something.

Well in the game Helms is a 78 with only 3 pitches with ratings that aren't very high. And Howard only has 2 years left on his contract. Youks is a 82 and Timlin is 83-85.

Yes I know that would NEVER work in real life but it's a V-I-D-E-O G-A-M-E. It's fun. It took me a while to get the trade and I think both sides worked out. I can't help that the computer agreed to do it and I didn't force them to do anything. And I wasn't bragging about it, I was just stating a trade that I did.

I really don't see why people are having such a hissy fit about this. "OMG, so unrealistic. I mean, that would NEVER happen." No shit, which is why they call it a video game.

Besides, Howard has a horrible hitter's eye and isn't doing that well for me. And Helms gave up 5 runs in 2 innings after his no hitter.

So you've never used a cheat code? And I'm not even cheating. I'm just trying to put together a good team by making trades. Hell, I don't have a good set up man now.

And I'm sure the Phillies love having Clemens right now.

Whatever, I'm having fun and that's all that matters. I guess when you play video games, your supposed to hate it.

So you've never used a cheat code? And I'm not even cheating. I'm just trying to put together a good team by making trades. Hell, I don't have a good set up man now.

And I'm sure the Phillies love having Clemens right now.

Whatever, I'm having fun and that's all that matters. I guess when you play video games, your supposed to hate it.

So you can only enjoy games when you have a superpowered roster? Alrighty.

Did I say that? I enjoy it more playing with the BoSox and they were pretty stacked to begin with. So I just changed things around a bit.

Well, I picked up The Show and I'm pretty satisfied with it so far. One of the most entertaining parts of the game is the large amount of amusing glitches that seem to pop up on every other play - my favorite by far is the Shea Stadium Apple floating completely out of its hat, I'm talking a good five feet above the brim.

I haven't played The Show since 2002, (when it wasn't even The Show), but I was impressed with it, and it looks as though it's only got better. I'm kind of disappointed it never got off the Playstation. C'est la vie.

This wait is killing me; I've decided to be responsible, not break my bank and buy this, and instead, spoil myself with my tax return and get this, Guitar Hero II and Gears of War. I've talked to a few guys on my XBOX Live Friends List, who all give it glowing reviews, leaps and bounds ahead of last year. Coupled with the general buzz on here, I'm very excited.

Went with the Braves franchise on 2K7. We started off really poorly (like 14-25) or something of that effect, so I swapped LaRoche and Mike Hampton for Jake Westbrook (SP-Indians) and a prospect to open up a starting spot for Scott Thorman (who is awesome) and to shore up my rotation (which was at that point, Smoltz-Hudson-Westbrook-Davies-James). That's a decent roation potentially, but the offense wasn't coming around with Francoeur and Langerhaans hurt. Hudson was like 2-7 with a 3.00 ERA and miserable mood-wise.

A few games before the All-Star Break, I read the news of Johan Santana being pissed at Twins management for not working out a deal. So, I asked what they wanted in return for him. They asked for Andruw Jones and Hudson. I asked for Michael Cuddyer and threw in Bob Wickman, a big expiring contract. They were more than happy to take the deal. I made a run at the end of the season, making my last trade of Rafael Soriano and prospects for Mike Gonzalez (RP-Pirates, now Braves), finalizing my closer role. I signed Chris Hammond and he was lights-out for a few months, even getting votes for Cy Young.

Anyway, 85-win season and a early sweep courtesy of the World Champion Dodgers (!), and I'm in free agency right now. The big fish on the market are Ryan Howard, Carlos Zambrano and Kerry Wood. Smoltz and Hammond are the big retirees, so I have to fill the void, not to mention the gaping hole in centerfield with Andruw and now Langerhaans gone (I kept Cuddyer and now Langerhaans).

got it at work (CC had it for 29.99 bit you get a 10 dollar gift card when you purchase it, so really its like getting it for 20 bucks) only played a exhbition game so far. I had to delete my old seaons from previous years games to make room on my memory cards. (besides its not like Im gonna go back and finish last years gm career now) I need to make some moves as the rosters are not quite right. anyone have a complete list for roster moves/player edits cuz I'd like to start my season with the proper rosters (then be able to make trades and such)

A few games before the All-Star Break, I read the news of Johan Santana being pissed at Twins management for not working out a deal. So, I asked what they wanted in return for him. They asked for Andruw Jones and Hudson. I asked for Michael Cuddyer and threw in Bob Wickman, a big expiring contract. They were more than happy to take the deal.

This must have made you feel good.

Went with the Braves franchise on 2K7. We started off really poorly (like 14-25) or something of that effect, so I swapped LaRoche and Mike Hampton for Jake Westbrook (SP-Indians) and a prospect to open up a starting spot for Scott Thorman (who is awesome) and to shore up my rotation (which was at that point, Smoltz-Hudson-Westbrook-Davies-James). That's a decent roation potentially, but the offense wasn't coming around with Francoeur and Langerhaans hurt. Hudson was like 2-7 with a 3.00 ERA and miserable mood-wise.

A few games before the All-Star Break, I read the news of Johan Santana being pissed at Twins management for not working out a deal. So, I asked what they wanted in return for him. They asked for Andruw Jones and Hudson. I asked for Michael Cuddyer and threw in Bob Wickman, a big expiring contract. They were more than happy to take the deal. I made a run at the end of the season, making my last trade of Rafael Soriano and prospects for Mike Gonzalez (RP-Pirates, now Braves), finalizing my closer role. I signed Chris Hammond and he was lights-out for a few months, even getting votes for Cy Young.

Anyway, 85-win season and a early sweep courtesy of the World Champion Dodgers (!), and I'm in free agency right now. The big fish on the market are Ryan Howard, Carlos Zambrano and Kerry Wood. Smoltz and Hammond are the big retirees, so I have to fill the void, not to mention the gaping hole in centerfield with Andruw and now Langerhaans gone (I kept Cuddyer and now Langerhaans).

Jesus, you played a whole season already? I play atleast 2 games a day and I only play 7 innings. And I'm only 25 games in.

In all seriousness, is anyone interested in buying a very slightly used copy of The Show?

Which version? My fiancee got the PSP version. And how much are you asking?

In all seriousness, is anyone interested in buying a very slightly used copy of The Show?

Which version? My fiancee got the PSP version. And how much are you asking?

PS2. Around $35, shipping included. Or I'd trade it for a copy of Smackdown vs. Raw 2007.

Jesus, you played a whole season already? I play atleast 2 games a day and I only play 7 innings. And I'm only 25 games in.

I simmed through most of the season, playing about three games of each month. I'm really just messing around, while trying to solidfy my skill to move up to All-Star difficulty. I still have problems throwing inside sliders without plunking batters...and don't even get me started on the basestealing "mini-game".

A few games before the All-Star Break, I read the news of Johan Santana being pissed at Twins management for not working out a deal. So, I asked what they wanted in return for him. They asked for Andruw Jones and Hudson. I asked for Michael Cuddyer and threw in Bob Wickman, a big expiring contract. They were more than happy to take the deal.

This must have made you feel good.

Honestly, the AI in those type of situations are still retarded though. The Twins didn't sign Andruw at the end of the season, so they basically gave up Johan Santana for beans. Not only that, but they let Liriano become a free agent at the end of the '08 season.

I rented the game today and I think its great. I'm using the classic batting control sceme as I hate using the analog stick to bat, and I have a question about classic batting sceme. According to the instructions, if you press up or down on the Left analog stick, it changes up your batting but I really haven't noticed any differances, plus is there a way to aim to where you wanna hit or am I just tapping A at the right time all the time?

According to the instructions, if you press up or down on the Left analog stick, it changes up your batting but I really haven't noticed any differances, plus is there a way to aim to where you wanna hit or am I just tapping A at the right time all the time?

You have to click on the left stick, L3, and your batter's eye comes up.

According to the instructions, if you press up or down on the Left analog stick, it changes up your batting but I really haven't noticed any differances, plus is there a way to aim to where you wanna hit or am I just tapping A at the right time all the time?

I found that but as far as I can tell, its not for actual aiming, its to guess where the pitch is going to end up and if your right, a baseball icon will show up. I don't think it has anything to do with aiming on where you actually wanna hit.

I found that but as far as I can tell, its not for actual aiming, its to guess where the pitch is going to end up and if your right, a baseball icon will show up. I don't think it has anything to do with aiming on where you actually wanna hit.

It's a mixture of the batter's eye thing, where you're right.. it's used to guess where the pitch will be coming to you at and when you move the left thumbstick, you can hold it either up and in, up, or up and away (same for holding it down) to influence where you want to hit the ball. Comes in handy when you notice the AI shifting the outfield and you want to hit one down the line.

So...I haven't bought a baseball video game in a couple years but I'm itching to get one for my PS2. Pretty much all the reviews I've read have praised The Show, while blasting 2k7 for being very buggy and not as good. But this thread is very positive on it...and its 10 bucks cheaper. Any advice?

So...I haven't bought a baseball video game in a couple years but I'm itching to get one for my PS2. Pretty much all the reviews I've read have praised The Show, while blasting 2k7 for being very buggy and not as good. But this thread is very positive on it...and its 10 bucks cheaper. Any advice?

I haven't experiance any bugs on 2k7, but I rented it for 360 not for the PS2.

i have the show for ps2. its pretty great. but im no video game expert by any means. whatsoever. free hat, too. although the hats sorta suck. ok, totally suck. i got the a's one.

Today I traded Hideki Matsui, Chris Britton, and Jose Veras to the Dodgers for Alfonso Soriano, John Broxton, and a AAA pitcher. Then I released Mike Myers and signed David Wells. I'm 46-9 on June 4, 2007.

The computer trades with itself wayyyy too much. Soriano got dealt to LA for Andre Either and Russell Martin. Martin then ended up being sent to Toronto for BJ Ryan.Then the Cubs sent Ted Lilly and Matt Murton to Atlanta for Chipper Jones. This week, Richie Sexson got traded for Randy Winn, and Marcus Giles got traded for Dan Johnson and Mark Ellis. There have been about a million trades since Opening Day.

That happened with the earlier NBA 2K games, but they fixed it. They should fix that for the MLB series too. In NBA 2K7, it's tough to trade for a franchise player or a player with upside.

Pitching in this game is a blast. Setting up your catcher before a pitch is great. It isn't a huge development, but it's a nice little addition that really adds to the feel of the game. I like that the pitching mechanic is identical to MVP's, in that you hold for movement/velocity and tap for accuracy. Different on-screen gauge, but same principle.

The hitting is a different story though. I can't, for the life of me, identify pitches in this game. They all break the same. Even four seam fastballs have sinker movement. The balls don't really even seem to cross the plate, so much as they just disappear after a few seconds. I'm sure MLB players will tell you that's as real as it gets, but it's frustrating in a video game. I K roughly 10 times a game and rarely walk.

The create a player is ace. I still don't like the clutch or triples attributes, but that's a minor nitpick. And they need to put numbers on the pitch velocity attributes.