TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDevilAndGodAreRagingInsideMe

MLB 2K7

Then I don't really know what else to do. My Astros have had a pretty good chemistry going on.. I mean, a few of my relief guys get upset because a few of my starters usually go deep into the games.

I can only think of .. have you named anyone on your team the team captain? Its either that or try keeping the team together and avoid trading players at a frequent rate.

Captain? I didn't know I can do that. I thought Varitek was my Captain.

I'll take a look.

EDIT: Yes, Tek is already my Captain.

Yeah, but you could name someone else captain. I didn't know who the cap on the 'Stros was, so I wound up naming Oswalt the team captain after Biggio left.

Naming a team captain can improve your chemistry. You don't start with one, but I named Jeter the captain and everyone on the team responded positively to it.

My first/only year with the Yankees, I beat Detroit in 5 in the ALDS, swept Boston in the ALCS, and swept Atlanta in the World Series.

My payroll was around $190 mil, with a budget of about $220. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere, in the offseason they cut my budget down to $150 mil? I couldn't make any moves except for salary cuts and slashes all over the place. I dumped Pavano, Giambi, and Farnsworth. Then I traded Abreu for Francoeur and Damon for Ichiro (who signed somewhere as a free agent for around $5 mil a year, even though the previous season he was making $11mil), and was able to re-sign Wang and Teixeira long term.

My relievers blow. They get themselves into trouble too often and too early. I don't have to worry about Schilling because he either goes the distance or I yank him in the ninth. Beckett got hurt in the first game of the season. (Concussion) and the rest are either good to average.

I kinda gave up on the game due to being too busy. The last season game I played was in the first series in april vs the red sox. then again I could always sim the last 2 months and pick up in june I guess

Anyone have any tips on getting an everyday starting gig with a team? I'm in the second year of a contract with the Mets (I was with the Brewers my first year, then they made a bunch of moves and released me), and my MLB career average is like .389, but they keep wanting to use me as a backup utility guy. Should I complain to the manager more often? AAA is way too easy, but that's where they're starting me out again for my third season.

Yeah, I picked it up for both the PSP and the Wii. Haven't done much playing on the Wii yet, but from the little that I did get in.. the mechanics are fun and using the Wiimote to bat is nice.

Pitching... meh.. would've liked to have it a bit more streamlined so that I don't have to look at the manual everytime I pitch to make sure I throw the right type.

I tried it out The Bigs for the Wii too and it's pretty good for an arcade game. Hitting is cool but fielding is a headache. I don't even bother with the motion control stuff since the layout is stupid. I would have preferred if you just held the base you want to throw to on the d-pad and threw with the Wiimote. This way you can lob it over if it's an easy out or throw a bullet if the guy's hustling down the line. The pitching is done well, but the sinker and two seam motions are tough to do consistently. It just isn't very natural twisting your wrist outward like that.

It's a shame it isn't very deep but it gives me hope for future Wii baseball games. Although I really really wish EA still had the MLB license.

Pitching... meh.. would've liked to have it a bit more streamlined so that I don't have to look at the manual everytime I pitch to make sure I throw the right type.

They show the motion on screen for the Wii version. I haven't played the others so maybe you're not talking about that one.