TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toxxic

Making the SWF myspace page

I'm trying this, but my knowledge is severly limited:

The SWF MySpace page

I've tried to do an html link to these boards, but failed. I also can't work out how to put return breaks in to make it not be one big lump of text. If someone can tell me how to do this, I'd be very grateful.

I'm trying this, but my knowledge is severly limited:

The SWF MySpace page

I've tried to do an html link to these boards, but failed. I also can't work out how to put return breaks in to make it not be one big lump of text. If someone can tell me how to do this, I'd be very grateful.

If it is standard HTMl that myspace uses then do this for a link.

<a href="http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showforum=25" target="_blank">HERE</a>

To do paragraphs start it with <p> and end your paragraph with </p>. It will give it the spacing. If you just want to create a return breaks then do <br>.

Hope this helps you.

Johnny, that did help, thank you.

Akira, I put the homework thing in to make it clear that we have a wide range of ages in the fed, from whippersnappers still in education to the old guys who actually work for a goddamn living.

Honest.

A Wikipedia entry would get shut down in a second, but we already have an entry on another wiki that I keep meaning to edit in order to 'wikify' it some, but I haven't had the time.

Edit. In the meantime I've added a convenient infobox in the header which seems to be the norm there.

http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/The_Smart...ling_Federation

I followed up on what Toxx started and got it done, rewriting and simplifying it so it's not exactly like the FAQ and organizing it according to wiki standards, adding a bunch of crap like shows and rosters, and placing it in the directory. It put us under T rather than S but I suppose it doesn't matter much.

If there's any glaring mistakes, then go ahead and edit. In particular we need... a logo for the infobox, notable characters I missed under alumni, and someone more familiar with the IGNML to list their titles and shows. Especially since I don't want to clutter it up with accomplishments and what not by everyone's name, if you jerks want to create a character wiki for yourself or an unwilling retiree, that could be fun for a minute.

http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/The_Smart...ling_Federation

I followed up on what Toxx started and got it done, rewriting and simplifying it so it's not exactly like the FAQ and organizing it according to wiki standards, adding a bunch of crap like shows and rosters, and placing it in the directory. It put us under T rather than S but I suppose it doesn't matter much.

If there's any glaring mistakes, then go ahead and edit. In particular we need... a logo for the infobox, notable characters I missed under alumni, and someone more familiar with the IGNML to list their titles and shows. Especially since I don't want to clutter it up with accomplishments and what not by everyone's name, if you jerks want to create a character wiki for yourself or an unwilling retiree, that could be fun for a minute.

Awesome work, Manson!

One quick note, my name is actually "Grand Slam" Mark Stevens. I never once wrestled under just Mark Stevens. I'd love it if you could fix it.

*duh* It's a Wiki... I fixed it myself. :)

One quick note, my name is actually "Grand Slam" Mark Stevens. I never once wrestled under just Mark Stevens. I'd love it if you could fix it.

*duh* It's a Wiki... I fixed it myself. :)

Well, I was trying to avoid nicknames since I wanted to keep things uniform and didn't know if quotes could be used in their URLs just in case anyone wanted to make a page, but at least the latter doesn't seem to be an issue.

And yeah, if anyone makes a character page, make sure to link to it in the wiki.