TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest goodhelmet

Question for Scott

Guest goodhelmet

With the unfortunate return of the NWO ,have you thought about doing some re-rants for some WCW shows you reviewed in 1997? First of all, you can't be happy with the writing style for shows like Slamboree and Road Wild '97. You can point out instances of how the NWO matches and booking were killing WCW.

Plus you stated the immortal line, "I'm going to go watch some ECW now to wake myself up... "

That just begs for a re-rant.

Guest Judas14
With the unfortunate return of the NWO ,have you thought about doing some re-rants for some WCW shows you reviewed in 1997? First of all, you can't be happy with the writing style for shows like Slamboree and Road Wild '97. You can point out instances of how the NWO matches and booking were killing WCW.

Plus you stated the immortal line, "I'm going to go watch some ECW now to wake myself up... "

That just begs for a re-rant.

Yes and no. A great deal of the NWO era rants (especially those in the spring of 1997) could use a reranting provided Scott takes the time and effort to show/discuss in the rerant how the NWO was doing in reguards to it's downward spiral at each PPV. Reranting without adding into the reranting a historical context of the material being looked at (as seen in the recent reranting of WM XIV) defeats the purpose of doing the rerant in the first place.

And speaking of the WM XIV rerant, I was suprised to see Scott not taking the oppertunity to bash Shawn Micheals in reguards to the new review of the SM/SA match he did. The last couple of times Scott's wrote about Micheals he's always taken the time to do the "world's smallest violin" bit in reguards to Shawn's ultimate end to his career. Can I assume that you decided to cut Shawn a break or did use up all of your Shawn Micheals bashing material for the book and couldn't think of anything to say by the time you wrote the rerant?