TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 2/22 Impact Thread

Preview:

beltingpot.gif

anglesteinertonight.jpg

PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV (2/22)

The below is the official preview for Thursday’s (2/22) TNA “iMPACT!” broadcast on SpikeTV starting at 9pm ET:

THE NYC BELTING POT MATCH – TEAM 3D VS. THE LAX

Featuring SpikeTV and Sopranos star Steve Schirripa

This Thursday night, Team 3D takes “Family Business” to a new and violent level as they will face The Latin American Xchange in a “NYC Belting Pot Match”. Brother Ray and Brother Devon will be joined by SpikeTV and Sopranos star Steve Schirripa as they face off against Homicide and Hernandez, led by Konnan! Both teams will have their own army at ringside – armed with leather straps – in case any of the participants dare to leave the ring during the bout!

X DIVISION LADDER MATCH – THIS THURSDAY NIGHT

Also on Thursday’s broadcast, there will be an X Division Ladder Match to determine the number-one contender to Chris Sabin’s X Championship! The TNA stars competing in the bout will be Sonjay Dutt, Senshi, Jerry Lynn, Austin Starr and Jay Lethal! The object will be to climb the ladder and pull down the red “X”, thereby earning the number-one contender status! What insane moves will the X Division high-flyers pull off when the ladder is introduced into the match? Tune in and find out!

STING TO SPEAK FROM HIS “DEATHBED”?

Also this Thursday night, TNAwrestling.com has learned that the icon known as Sting has requested time to speak from his “deathbed”. What the icon is referring to is anyone’s guess, but it will no doubt concern Abyss! What message does Sting have for the wrestling world? How does it involve Abyss? We’ll find out on Thursday night!

CONTRACT SIGNING: KURT ANGLE AND SCOTT STEINER

Also on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV, a huge contract signing will take place on the broadcast, with Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle and “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner finalizing the deal for their upcoming bout on March 11 at the “Destination X” Pay-Per-View event! Will TNA management director Jim Cornette be able to keep the peace, or will all hell break loose between the two TNA stars?

Also this Thursday night on “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV, it will be six-man tag team action as The Voodoo Kin Mafia team with Lance Hoyt to take on Robert Roode, Eric Young and James Storm!

All this and much more this Thursday night on TNA “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV beginning at 9pm ET as TNA continues down the road to the March 11 “Destination X” Pay-Per-View event!

Two gimmick matches in a one-hour show?! We'll see how it plays out on TV, but this seems like it would be a lot even in a 2 hour broadcast. Hopefully they continue the trend of having more action inside the ring.

So who is going to get slammed on the table during the contract signing?

Well, since it's Russo booking, the man who gets his ass kicked before the PPV wins the PPV match. No way Angle jobs to Steiner. So, Steiner kicks Angle's ass tonight.

With how much they're talking about AJ running from Rhino, we're obviously headed for them one-on-one at LockDown. The questions are A) will anybody care? and B) will they finally give Rhino a win that matters?

LAX's entrance is still bad ass, btw....

With how much they're talking about AJ running from Rhino, we're obviously headed for them one-on-one at LockDown. The questions are A) will anybody care? and B) will they finally give Rhino a win that matters?

LAX's entrance is still bad ass, btw....

Yeah, they already came out and said that they would compete in the Elevation X match.

Is the crowd chanting "LAX!" and "3D SUCKS!"?

I think it was 3D Sucks. I was actually surprised at that chant, but then again the crowd is eating up LAX (the best Tag Team right now in wrestling).

Ths whole thing with Abyss "talking" is so funny to me. Andre Rison took that BHS like a champ.

Sting cut another excellent promo but whats the deal with the gimmick match....I'm surprised they did not call it the Frankenstein Alive Deathmatch :) Damn, is the network demanding that Impact have as many crossover promotions as possible or what? Where the hell is Don Callis when you need him?

I wish this match would have been given more time since this is a PPV quality match. All the guys in the match are talented and can put on a great show.

I'm happy that AJ, Joe and Daniels are no longer in the X-Division. It opens it up for these guys.

Another week of bad production, editing, direction as the Nash segment was a complete waste of time and was practically the same damn thing as last week the time that was used on that should of been used to extend the ladder match for as long as possible.

It opens it up for these guys.

Yeah those guys get 2 minutes a week to do some comedy. Senshi already has a defined character as the guy who loves kung-fu movies too much, Jay Lethal is the guy who can go toe-to-toe with champions....he almost beat Jarret ya know, Austin Star thinks he is Jesse Ventura/Savage/Adonis, Jerry Lynn has been carrying people in matches from day one, Sonjay is the bald playa from the telemarketing phone bank. All of the comedy shit they do is forgettable but the matches the highspots, the carnage, that they leave in the ring stays in the minds of the fans. Play up to their strengths damn it instead of wasting time on pop culture bullshit that does not help sell PPVs.

I think it was 3D Sucks. I was actually surprised at that chant, but then again the crowd is eating up LAX (the best Tag Team right now in wrestling).

If the crowd is as smart as they think they are, they should know cheering for the team that tried to burn the American flag is not good for the average fan watching at home.

Hey, raz brought the quality there. I felt the same way, except I laughed at the Macho Man.

And where does all of this lead to maybe Jay Lethal vs Austin Starr in a 5 minute opening match at Destination X or Lockdown with Bob Backland suspended in a cage outside the ring? Hey Sting when you are done "saving" Abyss's soul can you excommunicate Kevin Nash, fat hairy oily bastard, and unknown ring girl from Impact? They bring nothing to the show other than mindless pop culture that is poisoning the minds of the youth of america who think pro-wrestling is nothing but trash tv of cheesy campy comedy, daytime dramah~ of soaps & talk show self serving advise programming...

If the crowd is as smart as they think they are, they should know cheering for the team that tried to burn the American flag is not good for the average fan watching at home.

in rebuttle...

They also know that they are the only voice that anoyone can here...

And cheering for the team that puts on the best matches and desereves the push can't ever be a bad thing.

LAX >>>>>>> 3D

Another Styles/Rhino match? What stupid, meaningless gimmick will it have this time?

Another Styles/Rhino match? What stupid, meaningless gimmick will it have this time?

It's the Elevation X match.........don't worry they'll do a catch match on the next PPV......Rhino and AJ need to have 500 matches with each other I guess.

Another week of bad production, editing, direction as the Nash segment was a complete waste of time and was practically the same damn thing as last week the time that was used on that should of been used to extend the ladder match for as long as possible.

Yeah those guys get 2 minutes a week to do some comedy. Senshi already has a defined character as the guy who loves kung-fu movies too much, Jay Lethal is the guy who can go toe-to-toe with champions....he almost beat Jarret ya know, Austin Star thinks he is Jesse Ventura/Savage/Adonis, Jerry Lynn has been carrying people in matches from day one, Sonjay is the bald playa from the telemarketing phone bank. All of the comedy shit they do is forgettable but the matches the highspots, the carnage, that they leave in the ring stays in the minds of the fans. Play up to their strengths damn it instead of wasting time on pop culture bullshit that does not help sell PPVs.

I liked Nash's stuff better when it was just him with Alex Shelley and Johnny Devine. It's kind of just wierd comedy now. Comedy that's not even funny. That said, I still think Nash would make a great colour man on the mic.. or even a manager for a group of younger stars. I mean it's either that or having him wrestle. He's obviously not going anway any time soon.

in rebuttle...

They also know that they are the only voice that anoyone can here...

And cheering for the team that puts on the best matches and desereves the push can't ever be a bad thing.

LAX >>>>>>> 3D

The good thing about these house shows they're running now is that they won't be able to blame somebody not being over on "overexposure" in Orlando. I think the reactions in Detroit and Philly last year, Birmingham last month and wherever they're going this year, are going to be more interesting than the Impact Zone, because it will show how these characters are coming off on TV. It was fascinating watching Eric Young work the BFG crowd last year. Even though I liked him, I assumed he was over like Lance Hoyt was over, but he had that Detroit crowd in the palm of his hands for a match against Larry friggin' Z.

Last year's big Detroit house show did a lot to 1. completely kill Lance Hoyt for a few months and 2. plant the seeds for an Eric Young push. Young's mannerisms during his match against ICP were classic, and the crowd was cheering him on much more than the "hometown" clowns. Of course, that probably had as much to do with most people hating ICP as it did with Young's awesomeness, but still...

If Hoyt was ever over it was this sort of ironic type of over that a certain group of dorky fans caused. Anywhere else the guy is a poor man's Test with a dubious lower back tattoo.

This show moves fast but it just doesn't hardly seem like pro wrestling. There are too many silly gimmick matches and not enough regular wrestling. Gimmick matches are something you build to, not something you toss out for no real reason on TV with little build or hype.

I liked Nash's stuff better when it was just him with Alex Shelley and Johnny Devine. It's kind of just wierd comedy now. Comedy that's not even funny. That said, I still think Nash would make a great colour man on the mic.. or even a manager for a group of younger stars. I mean it's either that or having him wrestle. He's obviously not going anway any time soon.

The whole X Division comedy has gone on long enough with no payoff so its time to change directions and you know actually focus on the guys wrestling in that very 6 sided ring of steel. Focus more no Sabin vs Jerry Lynn instead of having Nash steal the spotlight with his bad skits that do nothing but get a cheap laugh. The Paparazi skits actually helped out Alex Shelley as it gave a reason why he was carrying a camera everywhere, PCS was nothing but Nash holding down the guys as comedy jokes, and this Idol deal is nothing but Nash continuing to degrade the wrestlers. With the money they save by getting rid of Nash TNA can invest in more cameras or get better music for the videos instead of Adreline Rush every week.