TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Art Sandusky

The One and Only Raw Thread for 2/26/07

Bad business for Trump?

February 26, 2007

Trump to reveal his pick

Mr. McMahon sent a serious message to rival billionaire Donald Trump on Monday night when he selected new Intercontinental Champion Umaga to represent the Chairman in the Battle of the Billionaires at WrestleMania 23. On the next edition of Raw, “The Donald” will answer back by announcing which Superstar will carry the Trump banner in Detroit on April 1. Which competitor will have the mogul’s endorsement? How will Mr. McMahon or, more importantly, the Samoan Bulldozer react to Trump’s pick?

Opponents and partners

On two consecutive nights, Shawn Michaels was true to his word to WWE Champion John Cena, having his tag team partner’s back at No Way Out and on Raw. Will Michaels uphold his promise this Monday night as he and Cena defend their World Tag Team Championship against Rated-RKO? WWE fans will find out right at 9/8 CT, as the match will kick off Raw.

Cashing in

So far, Edge, CM Punk and King Booker have qualified for the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania 23. Tonight, a fourth man will be added to that mix when Jeff Hardy takes on Shelton Benjamin in the next qualifying match. Will Benjamin move on to his third consecutive Money in the Bank appearance, or is there yet another WrestleMania Ladder Match in Hardy's future?

From paparazzi to Playboy

Melina changed the face of all Diva-dom on Raw as she seized the Women’s Championship from Mickie James. Despite arguably the biggest win in her career, Melina did not seem too happy Monday night as the new champion disparaged latest Playboy cover girl and SmackDown Diva, Ashley. It seems as if the attention Melina gets from the usual torrent of paparazzi isn’t enough any more. What will the Women’s Champion do to ensure the spotlight stays fixed on her curvaceous body?

Find out live Monday night at 9/8 CT only on the USA Network.

I haven't been to WWE.com in a while. It looks pretty damn good.

I'm excited to see how Cena and Michaels explode tonight. Everything else is gravy. I hope Benjamin and Hardy get some time like most of these other qualifiers.

From Meltzer's Monday update:

It's a major show tonight where Donald Trump picks

Bobby Lashley

as his partner for the match with Umaga, seconded by Vince McMahon,

with Steve Austin as ref

. Also tonight is Shawn Michaels & John Cena vs. Edge & Randy Orton for the tag team titles and Jeff Hardy vs Shelton Benjamin in a Money in the Bank qualifier. If you know who is not in the favored nations category this week, you should be able to figure out the winner of that match.

Jerry Lawler will be announced as the Hall of Fame inductee tonight. Jim Ross may be announced with him but I don't have that confirmed

. The show is officially a sellout.

I'm fully aware the things I spoiler tagged are fairly well known around these parts, but better to play it safe, eh?

I'm betting Cena is the first to attack Michaels, since they have been playing out that Michaels stuck to his word. It won't turn Cena, because Michaels of Michaels 'new attitude' but it will hopefully get the storyline going.

I'm fairly comfortable that the show will start with a McMahon promo and of course, Ace Steel will come out and do the parody. The Real Trump shows up with Lashley apppearing behind Steel and spears him and has a face-off with Umaga.

I kind of expecting Trump to say that his pick is huge so huge that it towers over all in WWE then

Great Khali comes out to say "jiijfvelkjfcjlkseclkfjcalkcasklmfcklam me want competition liefaeajifejilasefjasefijase"

then Mr. McMahon and The Donald have a pokemon battle.

Mr. McMahon: Umaga use the Spike

The Donald: ______ use headbutt