TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The alledged Randy Savage ban from WWE.

No DVD, HOF mention, toys, etc. Alledged rumor, and a big rumor it is, was Savage nailed a young Stephanie...blah blah.

I popped in WWF Raw is War from November 10, 1997. From Ottawa, the day after the "screwjob".

This was well into Savage being a constant WCW main eventer, and long after the incident with Stephanie would have occurred.

JR does a sit-down with the returning Jeff Jarrett to discuss his thoughts on certain wrestlers. They do word association.

Bret Hart: "Dedication."

NOD: "Strength in numbers."

Then, they show a clip of Randy Savage.

Ross: "Randy Savage."

Jarrett: "The Hardest Working Wrestler I've Ever Known."

Why would WWE air such a segment? An attempt to recruit Savage to the WWF? It was heavily rumored at this time. But why would they basically put over Savage if he was blackballed?

Perhaps the incident was revealed when Stephanie became a regular TV fixture in '99-'00. I don't know.

Throw in TONS of hyped Savage matches on MSG Classics and plenty of WM Recall footage, and I don't know what to believe.

Is there ANY reason to believe this Savage rumor is true? What has been put out on the 'net from Meltzer?

MY BELIEF:

Savage never did anything with Stephanie McMahon.

Savage verbally guaranteed Vince he would be returning to the WWF in early 1998.

Savage re-nigged on his word.

To reward him, Savage was given a WCW World Title reign in April 1998.

Vince blackballed him because of this.

INSANE PSYCHOTIC RANDY SAVAGE '97 Vs. CRAZY OVER FOUL-MOUTHED STEVE AUSTIN...

Man, Vince had a gold mine.

I'm not sure you're really on to anything here. Do I believe the rumor? Well, not really, but it is odd how they've treated Randy Savage in the past few years. He's just totally ignored. Not only do they not honer him, they don't even take the time to bury him. Every other wrestler's contribution from that generation has been alluded to in some fashion except him. That seems fishy.

I think Meltz said the same thing. He didn't think that it happened, but the weird behavior doesn't add up. I'm not sure we'll ever know.

The reason usually given for Savage's treatment is that WWE thnks he's nuttier than Warrior, which is far more credible than the urban legend that he nailed Stephanie. That nuttiness has a ton of evidence to back it up.

As for Savage getting the WCW Title in 1998, he got the belt simply to transition it from Sting to Hogan. He did the same thing the next year, transitioning the belt from Nash to Hogan.

As for the HOF, I think a ton of that has to do with the semi-shaky working relationship Vince and Hogan have. Vince won't do it (the induction in the near future) unless it got to a point where any sort of working relationship with Hogan is impossible. Either Savage or Hogan would have to keel over before it happens.

The main thing is that Hogan has been working with WWE over the last several years, which makes Savage persona non grata in WWE, since the two apparently can't get along at all.

I think the Savage/Stephanie rumor is total DVDVR-smark type fantasy that has zero basis in reality.

Randy Savage probably sides with the idealogy of Bruno and refuses to do anything WWF and/or demands more money than what Hogan ever got. Sad really cause the man's career really should be celebrated as one of the top wrestlers from the 80's boom period.

Mach was figured pretty prominently in that WWF Desire video that was played by Ric Flair in early 2002 before the NWO came in also. If he was to be totally forgotten, he wouldn't have been in that, right?

No DVD, HOF mention, toys, etc. Alledged rumor, and a big rumor it is, was Savage nailed a young Stephanie...blah blah.

I popped in WWF Raw is War from November 10, 1997. From Ottawa, the day after the "screwjob".

This was well into Savage being a constant WCW main eventer, and long after the incident with Stephanie would have occurred.

JR does a sit-down with the returning Jeff Jarrett to discuss his thoughts on certain wrestlers. They do word association.

Bret Hart: "Dedication."

NOD: "Strength in numbers."

Then, they show a clip of Randy Savage.

Ross: "Randy Savage."

Jarrett: "The Hardest Working Wrestler I've Ever Known."

Why would WWE air such a segment? An attempt to recruit Savage to the WWF? It was heavily rumored at this time. But why would they basically put over Savage if he was blackballed?

Perhaps the incident was revealed when Stephanie became a regular TV fixture in '99-'00. I don't know.

Throw in TONS of hyped Savage matches on MSG Classics and plenty of WM Recall footage, and I don't know what to believe.

Is there ANY reason to believe this Savage rumor is true? What has been put out on the 'net from Meltzer?

MY BELIEF:

Savage never did anything with Stephanie McMahon.

Savage verbally guaranteed Vince he would be returning to the WWF in early 1998.

Savage re-nigged on his word.

To reward him, Savage was given a WCW World Title reign in April 1998.

Vince blackballed him because of this.

INSANE PSYCHOTIC RANDY SAVAGE '97 Vs. CRAZY OVER FOUL-MOUTHED STEVE AUSTIN...

Man, Vince had a gold mine.

Pretty sure your timeline is off by about 12 months. The period from Halloween Havoc 96-January 97 was when he was rumored to be on his way back to Vince as he was off T.V from that point. From reading John Petrie's Raw & Nitro recaps from that time it sounded like he was rumored to be the mystery man at Survivor Series 96.

I still never understood why people think Savage & WWE have problems.

Savage was interviewed for the first edition of Smackdown magazine back in 2003.

Also, WWE tried ridiculously hard to get Savage back in '96 and have him be the mystery partner at Survivor Series that year (which they ended up using Jimmy Snuka for when Savage wouldn't jump).

Everything I ever heard was just that WWE never did anything with Savage because he asked for buckets of money to do even the smallest things.

The main thing is that Hogan has been working with WWE over the last several years, which makes Savage persona non grata in WWE, since the two apparently can't get along at all.

I think the Savage/Stephanie rumor is total DVDVR-smark type fantasy that has zero basis in reality.

Well Hogan did leak Savage's name a possible candidate for the HOF this year.

It's more Randy who has beef with Hogan, then vice versa. Hogan doesn't really give a shit about Savage either way, he could careless what the WWE does with him, it seems.

as much as I loved Randy Savage's WWE run, I find it funny that the most consistent thing about him beyond his nuttiness is that he's been Hogan's bitch most of his big promotion career.

Randy is one of the few guys who actually drew money for Vince, so that and that alone should make him a WWE "Legend" and inducted into the HOF.

And since his major beef has always been with Hogan, this would be teh perfect year for an induction.

Eh...most of Savage's WCW run was him playing second fiddle to Hogan. I mean, he was basically brought in at the beginning as Hogan's tag team partner, had a brief respite and feud with Flair while Hogan was off making movies, then he was the nWo's bitch and ended up joining them because he couldn't beat them.

yeah, Invader sums it all up...I HATED his WCW run, HATED it....either he was getting outsmarted by Flair, he was being outshined by Hogan AGAIN, or was getting his ass handed to him on a regular basis by the NWO.

Heck, I remember he even looked weak during his feud with DDP. He took a diamond cutter on the mats around the ring, and was immediately stretchered out. It was ridiculous. He was booked somewhat strongly against Kevin Nash, and had his own entourage with Madusa and Mona, but it was kind of late for him at that point.

I hope to one day see an episode of Hogan Knows Best where the family is woken up in the middle of the night by a drunken Savage standing on their front lawn calling out Hulk.

I hope to one day see an episode of Hogan Knows Best where the family is woken up in the middle of the night by a drunken Savage standing on their front lawn calling out Hulk.

That'll never happen, since the show seems to be almost completely scripted.

:)

Considering people like Tito Santana, Greg Valentine, Jerry Lawler, hell even Rowdy Piper(let's be real, Savage accomplished more in his career then piper) are in the HOF, there is no question Savage should be in the HOF.

I don't think anyone doubts Savage should be in the Hall of Fame.

(FFMS @ Mar 1 2007, 02:44 PM)

That'll never happen, since the show seems to be almost completely scripted.

That would make it even funnier.

WWE production could do a re-make of Cape Fear. Hogan playing Sam Bowden, and Savage playing Max Cady.

Eh...most of Savage's WCW run was him playing second fiddle to Hogan. I mean, he was basically brought in at the beginning as Hogan's tag team partner, had a brief respite and feud with Flair while Hogan was off making movies, then he was the nWo's bitch and ended up joining them because he couldn't beat them.

You're confusing Ed Leslie aka Brotha Bruti/The Butcher/Zodiac/the only One Warrior Nation member the Disciple with Randy Savage.

Randy Savage had talent and had crossover appeal Brother Brother Brother Brother Bruti was nothing but a sidekick with several bad gimmicks brother brother brother who is on the other side of the spectrum of overness.