TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

TSM Fantasy Baseball

Guest Smues
League is full. Thank you all for joining. If there is interest, I'll consider doing an NL-only league as well.

Go for it. The more leagues the better.

Here are some "fun" stats out of boredom...

- 400 players will be drafted including at least 60 OF (15%). OF will make up 33% of the offense.

- The 20 teams combined have won 126 Yahoo trophies (average of 6.3 per team). The most trophies won was 20 by Raza.

- Only 7 SP had a 1.10 or less WHIP in 2006. In 2005, 9 SP reached that mark (minimum of 100 IP).

- The only other catcher to post a .400+ OBP (Josh Bard) ranked 413 last season.

- Jamey Carroll posted the 5th best OBP among SS and ranked 300 last season.

- Juan Pierre tied Carl Crawford for 2nd with 58 SB and finished ranked 104th last season.

- Raul Ibanez ranked 6th in RBI and finished 48th last season.

- Aramis Ramirez ranked 9th in RBI and finished 50th last season.

Top 100 Breakdown Last Year (Most to Least) *Note: Some players may cover multiple positions and 'skew' the numbers*

- 36 SP (10 in Top 50. 01 in Top 25)

- 21 OF (15 in Top 50. 08 in Top 25)

- 14 RP (09 in Top 50. 05 in Top 25)

- 10 1B (06 in Top 50. 05 in Top 25)

- 10 SS (04 in Top 50. 03 in Top 25)

- 09 3B (05 in Top 50. 03 in Top 25)

- 03 2B (01 in Top 50. 01 in Top 25)

- 01 C (00 in Top 50. 00 in Top 25)

Guest Queen Leelee

Dnepropetrovsk Dupas

I'm also changing all my old names. Candy Cummings sucks. And it pains me that Al wouldn't do a Keltner List for him.

Guest Queen Leelee

Draft is tomorrow night.

Alan, may I suggest adding a soft minimum innings requirement. If one wanted to, they could draft one top reliever, get a perfect inning from him, and clinch top ERA and WHIP for the entire season.

There is no minimum requirement available. It doesn't matter in any case. A person could lock up WHIP and ERA yes, but they would punt wins, saves and strikeouts, receiving the minimum points in three categories. A person could not possibly win the league under those conditions.

Guest Queen Leelee
There is no minimum requirement available. It doesn't matter in any case. A person could lock up WHIP and ERA yes, but they would punt wins, saves and strikeouts, receiving the minimum points in three categories. A person could not possibly win the league under those conditions.

In this very deep league with many fantasy novices, you're right. It wouldn't work. But, it definitely works in other formats.

In this very deep league with many fantasy novices, you're right. It wouldn't work. But, it definitely works in other formats.

Uh...

- The 20 teams combined have won 126 Yahoo trophies (average of 6.3 per team). The most trophies won was 20 by Raza.

Guest Queen Leelee

If we're going to play the role of "disagree with Leena whenever possible because she's hated and I want to look kewl on a message board, despite having no idea what I'm talking about", please do so in The Chocolate Socket, terrible poster.

Thank you.

If we're going to play the role of "disagree with Leena whenever possible because she's hated and I want to look kewl on a message board, despite having no idea what I'm talking about", please do so in The Chocolate Socket, terrible poster.

Thank you.

... Yeah, we're all disagreeing just to be "cool" *eye roll*

What exactly do you mean by fantasy novices? As far as I could tell, only 5 teams had never played in a Yahoo baseball league prior to 2005. That doesn't mean that they didn't play in leagues elsewhere (ESPN, CBSSportsline, etc.)

If anything, many of the teams have been in leagues since 2004 at the least. Unless you meant rotisseries novices?

Guest Queen Leelee

Novices in that many here have no idea on draft value and are homers.

But, unfortunately, the Yahoo rankings are accurate for the most part. I wish sites wouldn't be n00b friendly. Fuck ethics.

Well, at least you can take solice in the fact that some of us know (or like to think we know) what we are doing in terms of value and such. You can always look for "Saber" friendly leagues too where competition might be higher. I joined one and the draft was one of the most difficult I've had in terms of 3/4ths of the owners throwing out their draft plans because guys kept getting stolen, etc.

My draft in that league (12 Teams) with pick 8. Scoring is 10x9 with H/HR/SB/BB/K/GIDP/TB/OBP/SLG/OPS vs. HA/HRA/BB/K/GIDP/ERA/WHIP/K to BB/K/9

1: Miguel Cabrera

2: Joe Mauer

3: Miguel Tejada

4: Ben Sheets

5: Scott Kazmir

6: John Lackey

7: Ray Durham

8: Barry Bonds

9: Adam LaRoche

10: Erik Bedard

11: Rocco Baldelli

12: Brad Hawpe

13: Takashi Saito

14: Justin Duchscherer

15: Andy Pettitte

16: Mike Gonzalez

17: Carlos Quentin

18: Kiko Calero

19: Ryan Shealy

20: Dustin Pedroia (my only homer pick)

21: Brad Penny

22: Pedro Feliciano

23: Matt Murton

24: Wilson Betemit

25: David DeJesus

26: Joe Blanton

27: Matt Thornton

28: David Ross

29: Rich Aurilia

I don't like picking players from my own team. If they bust, it's enough having to deal with it from one end, but I don't want to have to deal with it on both ends.

Guest Queen Leelee

Mauer works well in every league.

It all comes down to how much one values drafting the elite player at a position.