TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

Critics angry about Book It program

I find it amusing that a thread about people getting upset about a literacy program turned into a literacy argument with a shop teacher.

I think you're confusing "amusing" with "stupid."

Guest Oedipus Rex

I'm a white, conservative, upper-middle class, Irish-Catholic, heterosexual, Bostonian man.

I'm sure there's something about me that you hate.

Didn't he just say he's a social studies teacher, not a shop teacher?

Reading is harder than it looks. I blame pizza.

I'm a white, conservative, upper-middle class, Irish-Catholic, heterosexual, Bostonian man.

Did boon post that at some point?

They were. Upon their return I get it.

Boon seemed to be having some difficulties in the Eagleton thread as well.

Dificulty seems to be a consistent thing with boon.

They were. Upon their return I get it.

Boon seemed to be having some difficulties in the Eagleton thread as well.

Dificulty seems to be a consistent thing with boon.

Actually, the difficulty with the Eagleton thread was that I was amazed at how big of a tool you were. But then I remembered the Favre threads, and I realized it was just par for the course.

I don't even know who Banky is.

EDIT: Oh, it's Czech. That explains a lot.

I think Brett Favre is and has been an all-time great quarterback. I also think the same of the hated Troy Aikman having been an all-time great quarterback.

Its a known fact here that I'm a history nerd.

But, yeah, respecting athletes of opposing teams & having an actual grasp on current events & history...that is just terrible.

Who says shit like that?

You're obviously not getting the point. Again.

Because I'm amazed at how big of a tool you are, I don't have a grasp on current events or history?

Then a lot of other people at this board must not as well, because the only "known fact" about you is that you're an idiot.

Guest Banky Edwards

I don't think snuffbox being an idiot is a known fact at all. I would say at worst, he's demonstrated average intelligence. Come on. That's just bad flaming here. The litmus test:

The only "known fact" about you is that you're an idiot.

-=Mike

Yeah. And seriously, calling Brett Favre one of the all-time greats is idiotic? How? I know this isn't the first time we've sullied Current Events with Favre talk, but I don't get this stance.

Guest Banky Edwards

Just picturing. I'm sure he's said stuff along those lines oodles of times, though.

I don't think snuffbox being an idiot is a known fact at all. I would say at worst, he's demonstrated average intelligence. Come on. That's just bad flaming here. The litmus test:

The only "known fact" about you is that you're an idiot.

-=Mike

Yeah. And seriously, calling Brett Favre one of the all-time greats is idiotic? How? I know this isn't the first time we've sullied Current Events with Favre talk, but I don't get this stance.

I thought you were in on that thread, Czech. It was should Brett Favre come back, not is he great. We all agreed he is a legend, but we disagreed if coming back for another year was wise.

Sonic, other fast food places in our area do the same type things, more for good behavior and participation in clubs, etc, than academics but it's appreciated. 30 pizzas in 30 days, a problem, one extra pizza a month, or one total, not an issue. Look at the people causing the fuss, typical college professor types.