TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Monkeys Eat Bananas, Horses Eat Oats

Who the fuck cares how much Vickie Guerrero makes? She can support her kids with any decent job.

Well you won't do yourself favors by saying things like that..........but she really shouldn't be put in any sort of prominent role whatsoever........she brings nothing to the table at all.

Re: Loser Leaves Town

Only if MVP wins the title before WrestleMania.

Benoit wouldn't agree to such a match AND put his title on the line.

And they'd totally bury Benoit by having him drop two straight.

Methinks Benoit wins by DQ or something at Mania. Every classy WM has a bullshit countout/DQ finish.

Eh, I dunno.

_________

You know...it's been 2 years....

LET'S SHAKE THINGS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Loser Leaves Town

Only if MVP wins the title before WrestleMania.

Benoit wouldn't agree to such a match AND put his title on the line.

And they'd totally bury Benoit by having him drop two straight.

Methinks Benoit wins by DQ or something at Mania. Every classy WM has a bullshit countout/DQ finish.

If they put Benoit onto RAW, He's probably doing a loser leaves town stip against MVP. Not sure if they'll use the stip for Mania or a post-mania rematch. Possibly MVP cheating to win the title at WM and Benoit only gets a rematch with that additional stipulation.

That's basically what I was going with, that MVP would steal the title away at Mania and only give Benoit the rematch with that clause. Personally, I think this would have been better with Kennedy playing this role instead of MVP. MVP can be a better bumper and kicking Benoit off Smackdown does a slight bit more for Kennedy rather then MVP, whom I don't think will ever be considered a legit main event threat. I just think it would have done more for all three of them in the end. Giving Benoit a better match, Kennedy gets the title reign and the added bonus of sending Benoit away and MVP gets to bump, although that isn't much of a upgrade. I figure that Kennedy isn't going to win the MITB, might as well let him shine at Mania.

People use that word (buried) far too liberally around here without applying it in the right content. A screwy job and possibly a second one or a hard fought match doesn't bury Benoit. Losing two straight matches doesn't bury Benoit. Not being booked at all, or being a complete JTTS like Masters is a burial. You lose one match and people here are quick to grab the "BURIAL!" signposts.

"People use that word (buried) far too liberally around here without applying it in the right content."

Benoit has been off TV for weeks.

He just lost the MITB qualifier.

If he loses the U.S. Title, then fails to win it at WM, then loses AGAIN in a "Loser Leaves Match", THAT'S A BURIAL. That will mean he has lost every important match against people at his "level", ala Orton, Test, and RVD.

I understand what you mean with saying losing two matches isn't a burial, but this is quite a different scenario.

Who the fuck cares how much Vickie Guerrero makes? She can support her kids with any decent job.

I haven't watched much wrestling during the past year. You can imagine my surprise when I see Vickie Guerrero on Smackdown! every week. I understand that Eddie blew a lot of his money on drugs, whores and alcohol. I supposed Vickie doesn't have any skills that would get her a job that matched Eddie's WWE income. However, I don't think she has any place on TV. I could understand if she were hot, could act or wrestle. But she can't accomplish either. Why doesn't Vince just give her a large check and send her on her way? I turned the tv to SD the other night, saw a close up of her face and almost gagged. I'm sure she's a nice lady but she has no place on tv.

Benoit seems like he would be well served to go to TNA when his current contract runs out. He's done all he'll probably ever accomplish in WWE, and he's not getting any younger. He can still go in the ring, but it would make sense for him to slow things down a little bit at this point. Having him jump to RAW yet again really isn't going to do anything new. He deserves more than being in the Kurt Angle "main event utility man" role.

Why would Benoit be better served in TNA? To dick around with Angle and Christian again and again? To put up with moronic storylines and jerky plots? He can keep a good paying job, still work some of the best talent in the world and be assured a job for life after he hangs up the boots. Everyone treats TNA as some great destination for supposedly mistreated WWE talent but it really isn't a better place to be.

Only people like UTSU actually bother to notice that Benoit doesn't appear everyweek or lost a match at one point or another because he holds stock in a win-loss record in a worked tv show. Benoit will always be over and sold as a threat for the fans. He'll probably never be a steady main event act again but he really never should be despite how much people want to believe that Benoit could carry a promotion/brand. He's in the right place as far as his status is concerned. Upper mid-card who works at the mid-card level with guys like MVP, Helms and Finlay but doesn't raise an eyebrow if he was in the main event.

As far as what Benoit will do on Raw? I'm not sure but the first thing that comes to mind is a deal with Umaga. However, I'm sure since it'll be over the IC title, alot people here will still think that's a burial.

Why would Benoit be better served in TNA? To dick around with Angle and Christian again and again? To put up with moronic storylines and jerky plots?

Joe.

Is that all? Really? Angle-Joe seemed as if it would be the greatest thing ever and look what happened. One program might be enough to entice a guy like Mick Foley to sign a deal but if you're Chris Benoit, is getting to work against Samoa Joe in a botched storyline and build in front of 2,000 people in Orlando enough to give up job security for life?

After that, it's basically the same people he was working years ago (Angle, Christian, Jarrett). I'd love to see Benoit/Joe, Benoit/Aries, Benoit/Low Ki and Benoit/Shelley but put it place for Benoit. Benoit had his chance to leave and he took the right path and stuck with WWE. Just like RVD did before and most likely will again this summer.

Benoit against AJ Styles or Christopher Daniels? Benoit vs. Joe? Yeah, that'd be just awful, it would be so much more entertaining for the fans if he faced Umaga.

And RE: Jado and Gedo.

The two have been successful in New Japan as part of the CTU heel faction and really haven't appeared in America much (if at all) since their ECW appearances. They're very good, and from recent NJPW stuff I've seen, they're at the pinnacle of their careers. I'd be interested to know what WWE thinks of them, as they're smaller guys (Gedo's about 5'9, 195 and Jado's 5'11, 210) but they don't work a high flying style. They're more of a methodical, traditional heel tag team.

If Benoit does jump to Raw. What do you see him doing?

I see him getting into the WWE championship title hunt because Cena needs more contenders

Benoit against AJ Styles or Christopher Daniels? Benoit vs. Joe? Yeah, that'd be just awful, it would be so much more entertaining for the fans if he faced Umaga.

you totally missed Hawk's point. Why would Benoit give up a guaranteed job for life, with benefits, great pay, just to meet the fantasies of some TNA fanboys? Umaga is booked the best possible way he can be booked right now. They actually built up something great from scratch in Umaga. Benoit isn't that much of a technician anymore, he's half brawler/half mat style. Benoit is way overrated right now, he's not the best wrestler anymore, and won't be again. He's almost at the point where he would probably be better used to put over new talent.

"Only people like UTSU actually bother to notice that Benoit doesn't appear everyweek or lost a match at one point or another because he holds stock in a win-loss record in a worked tv show."

Hey troll...

Could it be that I, and a shitload of other people more intelligent than you, actually notice Benoit being off TV because he's the second highest champion yet gets thrown into random crappy PPV six-man matches the week of the event? OR MAYBE, after 3 weeks, we're like, "HEY, WHERE'S THE U.S. CHAMPION?" God, the "UTSU likes stats!" thing is so old, get a fucking clue. It's not even so much that it bothers me, it's that it makes you seem like a retard.

"Only people like UTSU actually bother to notice that Benoit doesn't appear everyweek or lost a match at one point or another because he holds stock in a win-loss record in a worked tv show."

Hey troll...

Could it be that I, and a shitload of other people more intelligent than you, actually notice Benoit being off TV because he's the second highest champion yet gets thrown into random crappy PPV six-man matches the week of the event? OR MAYBE, after 3 weeks, we're like, "HEY, WHERE'S THE U.S. CHAMPION?" God, the "UTSU likes stats!" thing is so old, get a fucking clue. It's not even so much that it bothers me, it's that it makes you seem like a retard.

where from south jersey you from?

I agree that if he's the US champ, he should be featured more. But even if he didn't have the US title, there'd be a shitload of fans saying the same thing, just because he's Benoit.

No, I didn't miss Hawk's point. Yeah, the WWE is guaranteed money so for him personally it's super to stick around. But as a fan there's plenty for him to do, and that wasn't Hawk's point. He was saying that TNA had nothing as far as wrestling for him, not that it had no financial security.

"I'd love to see Benoit/Joe, Benoit/Aries, Benoit/Low Ki and Benoit/Shelley"

I don't think he meant there's nothing for Benoit to do there...but what would he accomplish in TNA that he hasn't already accomplished in WWE?

"I'd love to see Benoit/Joe, Benoit/Aries, Benoit/Low Ki and Benoit/Shelley"

I don't think he meant there's nothing for Benoit to do there...but what would he accomplish in TNA that he hasn't already accomplished in WWE?

Fair enough, I can accept that. I just don't think it'd be less entertaining if he ended up in TNA.

I think Benoit can be entertaining to old school wrestling-style fans, and even casual fans today. he still gets a lot of pops and most of the crowds aren't full of "smarks". He'll entertain anyone, and I'm sure if he lands in TNA, you'll get the TNA fanboys praising his glorious debut, just like Christian and Angle. But do I think it's going to change anything? Not a chance.

One has to believe that Benoit will have a road agent/producer job waiting for him once he retires if he wants it as well. I'd love to see some of the dream matches he could have in TNA, though in actuality I'd rather see those matches happen in an ROH ring, where the match could be given the proper time and the program given the proper build.

I don't know what Benoit would have waiting for him on Raw, I mean I could watch his HHH and HBK matches every day, and he's had very good matches with Edge and Orton as well. I agree that a Umaga vs Benoit match could be one possibility but I'd LOVE to see him come in as a no-nonsense heel. When is the last time Benoit was a heel in the wwe? Heel Benoit vs Cena would be a solid program.

He could also work with Dykstra, Carlito and Nitro in the (upper)midcard to help establish them as legit upper card guys.

I'd also like to see Benoit jump to ECW to give the Originals some legitimacy. Besides, Burke, Cor Von and Thorn could learn a ton from working with Benoit, as could current world champion Bobby Lashley. Benoit vs Punk would be a dream match of mine as well...

Hey troll...

If it didn't bother you, you wouldn't have posted about it. Just because Beniot isn't on tv all that much doesn't mean much, they probably just can't figure out what to do with him and the U.S. Title. There's a lot of other things going on with Smackdown and the U.S. Title is probably tucked away in a dark corner while the Smackdown writers are more worried about pushing other people and angles, which is sad.

WWE should really focus on pushing each title before other stupid angles and gimmicks, but they don't. Instead they worry more about pushing the world titles then all the other titles just get pushed at random times. A few months ago it was IC title and the tag titles, now its the Cruiserweight title and just the Raw tag titles...sorta. I haven't really watched Smackdown all that much so I'm not sure if they're still pushing the Smackdown tag titles since No Way Out.

You know what I think? TNA is totally blowing it right now. The initial WWE name guys they have signed (Angle, Christian) haven't done jack shit for them in terms of adding overall awareness of the product, and even seem somewhat wasted while main eventing PPVs. That's pretty hard to do. A couple of months ago I figured RVD was crossing off days on his calendar to get out of WWE, but given TNA's recent TV I can't say I'd blame him for signing again with WWE. Hell, he'd probably not be buried that much anymore and would at least get 10 mins. or so a week for a match on TV.

If TNA got 2 hours on Spike TV and promised to feature RVD, I can see him going there. If they stay in the current Russo-ific 1 hour exercise in Crash TV, I dunno. Would RVD want to leave for TNA and get 3 minutes for a match on TV?

Benoit would have no point in going to TNA. Some people have unrealistic expectations for Benoit honestly. He won the 1 world title he is going to win. WM XX was like his gold watch. He's still solid and can be in the upper card mix, but he's never been someone I'd necessarily build my whole company around as world champ for an extended period.

Benoit is one of those guys that could lose every match for 2 years and still be sold as a threat because he is over with fans, they appreciate him and know he has real skills.

It is also fairly rare for him to get out-wrestled. Sure he might lose by DQ or interference or cheating but it isn't often he is straight up beat man-to-man.

I've also seen no indication from Benoit that he is even the type to be upset about his push. He was complaining about the lack of time off around this time last year, but I can't remember much else. Didn't he just sign a new contract in the summer?

I've also seen no indication from Benoit that he is even the type to be upset about his push. He was complaining about the lack of time off around this time last year, but I can't remember much else. Didn't he just sign a new contract in the summer?

That's correct. He was just burnt out and needed to rest. I think he just wants to feel wanted by his employers. In WCW, he spent years being held down and ignored until the very end. HHH is a mark for Benoit and I think Benoit feels warmer in WWE even if he's still a routine mid-card act.

Benoit is one of those guys that could lose every match for 2 years and still be sold as a threat because he is over with fans, they appreciate him and know he has real skills.

Exactly. He's in the same role as Kane and RVD right now, they got pops from the crowd regardless of who they lose to and how many times they do so. When people complain about Benoit and RVD losing, they need to realise that in the longterm, RVD going over Thorn or Benoit going over MVP doesn't really do anyone any good. If Thorn goes over RVD or MVP goes over Benoit, there's at least the CHANCE they'll gain some popularity from it. Benoit and RVD might be knocked for a week or two, but it's soon forgotten and they still get strong reactions.

Wrong or right, that's why it's done (that and the fact Benoit can get a good match out of virtually anybody and RVD is capable of it sometimes too) and has been done for years with guys at that level. That's the way things work.

Hunter loves Benoit, and he loves working with Benoit more.

On RAW, Benoit was HEAVILY protected. He wasn't the star of the show, but he dropped all of maybe five direct pinfall loses in 2004. Hunter protected the hell out of him, so he could work with him and look better.

The second Benoit got shipped to SD, he stopped being under Hunter's immediate oversight and lost a lot of his push. He went from nearly beating Batista at the start of Batista's megapush to being a midcard act. That was a drastic fall from grace.

Benoit going back to Raw, and going back to being on the same show as Hunter every week will be big for Benoit. Benoit is Hunter's Ricky Steamboat, and will most likely be pushed accordingly. He may not be the star, but I'd look for Benoit to EASILY be in RAW's top five.

Now that you mention it, I'm eager to see what Face Hunter and Face Benoit would be like on the same show.

He's pretty much bulletproof at this stage, and MVP, although some won't agree, isn't that bad, and "isn't that bad" in the WWE is pretty good for me. Or something.