Sat, Mar. 10

New York @ Washington, 7:00

Memphis @ Charlotte, 7:00

Minnesota @ Atlanta, 7:00

Philadelphia @ Indiana, 7:00

New Jersey @ San Antonio, 8:00

Cleveland @ Milwaukee, 8:30

NO/OK @ Utah, 9:00

The Celts better not think they're on some kind of playoff push after winning those 3 in a row. I could see them losing these next 3 as they haven't done much against the West this year.

The Celts better not think they're on some kind of playoff push after winning those 3 in a row. I could see them losing these next 3 as they haven't done much against the West this year.

WIth Chubby Pierce on the court, they will win alot of those games that they were in till the end this season. Thus secretly pissing off Boston fans who want the team to win, but know they really want them to lose.

What an embarrassing way for Golden State to lose to Washington today. Up by 2 with .01 on the clock, you foul Gilbert giving 2 FT's to potentially send the game to OT, then your coach gets a tech to give him the potential game winner. And of course, Gilbert hits all 3.

From listening to the NBA analysts on ESPN and TNT, the trendy new pick is the Hornets getting a playoff spot. Maybe it's just because they were playing the Jazz, but I wasn't impressed with them. Poor shot selection and weak interior defense all game. I still like Melo and AI to drag the Nuggets in kicking and screaming into the "who gets to job to Phoenix" spot, while the Clips stumble into the "who gets to job to Dallas" spot.

Yao Ming set to return tomorrow, well ahead of schedule. I really hope they aren't rushing him back since the 6-8 seeds aren't really a threat to catch Houston at this point and the Rockets aren't exactly in a good position to gain much ground themselves. If Yao is 100%, this is a near perfect scenario. He's had 3 months of rest, so fatigue shouldn't be an issue in the playoffs, but he has 6 weeks to get back into game shape, and for JVG to work out how exactly to split the load between Yao and T-Mac.

Lamar's probably out for 3 weeks. I don't even care, because it seems like the team plays better without him. It doesn't really matter to me who the Lakers draw as long as it's not Dallas, I think they can beat anyone else.

The team is better not having Kobe and Odom on the court at the same time.

...Chubby Pierce?

Have you seen the pudge on him since he came back? I mean I know he had a elbow injury and couldn't hit the upper body like he would want to, but guy got kinda chubby.

From listening to the NBA analysts on ESPN and TNT, the trendy new pick is the Hornets getting a playoff spot. Maybe it's just because they were playing the Jazz, but I wasn't impressed with them. Poor shot selection and weak interior defense all game. I still like Melo and AI to drag the Nuggets in kicking and screaming into the "who gets to job to Phoenix" spot, while the Clips stumble into the "who gets to job to Dallas" spot.

As a Clipper fan I hope they can get the 6th seed or 8th seed to avoid the Suns at all cost, they stand no chance without Livingston. I think the Clippers can win at least one or two games against Dallas or the Spurs.

Speaking of the Clippers they will sign Jason Hart tomorrow when he clears waivers

I think the Clippers have a good shot against the Suns. I don't think the Spurs are getting out of the first round, to be completely honest.

I think the Clippers have a good shot against the Suns.

Amare negates the only thing the Clippers had going for them against the Suns, Elton. Sam w/o Livy to back him up is too old to play the Suns style for a whole series.

Clippers need to keep the score low and they have a better shot of that against the Mavs and Spurs.

I don't think the Spurs are getting out of the first round, to be completely honest.

Really? They've been on fire since they moved Manu to the bench. Now they have balanced scoring options in play throughout the game, which was their biggest problem earlier in the year. I think they'll beat any of those 6-8 seeds rather easily. Of course, rather easily in this case means 6 games because the Spurs never make any series easy for themselves. The important thing is the 6-8 teams won't win.

*Holds fingers in ears while saying that the Spurs have not beaten the Lakers this season*

I hate the Spurs. I'm not going to justify my position, I just hate them. Wait and see what will happen to them in the playoffs, that's all I can tell you. And they're old.

I don't care who's coming off the bench, their lack of size is going to do them in.

Guest Vitamin X

I think any righteous Lakers fan has to hate the Spurs. It just comes with the territory.

At least those who are in their 20s and too young to remember the Celtics rivalry, anyways. My whole life I've just known them as some crappy team in the Northeast who's uniforms resemble a high school team's.

So according to Forbes Magazine

McHale is the best GM in sports and Billy King is third

Yeah I saw that. I think we can immediately toss that article out for its worthlessness. I understand that under their criteria he was the best, but to that I say they were looking at the wrong things.

It's not the first time Forbes has used suspect methodology in analyzing sports. During the NHL lockout, they claimed the L.A. Kings were making money because the guy who owns the Kings also owns Staples Center, and the Lakers were selling out every night.

Chad Ford's mock draft lottery is up at ESPN. He has Charlotte and Milwaukee taking Durant first (EDIT: Orlando as well), and everyone else taking Oden.

I don't think the Spurs are getting out of the first round, to be completely honest.

According to John Hollinger's rankings, the Spurs are the best team in the NBA right now. They don't have the sexy win streaks that the Suns and Mavs have had, but they've beaten the shit out of a lot of really good teams. I wouldn't discount them at all, especially come playoff time. Who would have a shot against them in the first round? Don't say the Lakers.

The Spurs might drop to the 4-5 matchup in the playoffs so its time to start worrying about Jazz or Rockets. Now that Tony Parker is hurt the Spurs is going to have to depend more on the bench than ever so now its time for Beno to get out of the doghouse and start producing and its time for Big Shot Rob to start hitting the outside shot. The downside to the injury is probably going one dimensional to Tim Duncan every play and spotty 3 point shooting from Bowen who only shoots from the corner. Its time for Pop to go crazy and put all of the international players on the floor and pretend to be the Suns running fast breaks with nobody even trying to get the offensive rebounds only looking for the 3 point shot or everybody's favorite white boy slam dunk champion in Brent Barry to start playing the point forward 'Nelly style!

Prays that the 1st round only goes 5 games.

Why the hell would anyone pick anyone else but Dallas to go to the Finals?

Well who will the Mavs walkover in the West Coast Finals? Spurs or Sun or Rockets?

Dallas is the most solid team in the NBA with scoring and defense coming from the starters and the bench. I still don't think they're a guarantee to make the Finals, especially with the Suns and Spurs playing so well. The Suns are probably the toughest matchup for Dallas, because even in the Avery Johnson defense era, the Suns still score at will on them and push the tempo. They even hung in with the Mavs last year despite not having Amare (who owned Dampier in 2005) and Raja Bell, who was a key recipient of Nash's penetrate and dish.

The Spurs are another threat, as last year showed with that incredibly tight series. They actually play defense well enough to stop the Mavs for decent periods of time and have lots of scoring options on offense. I know San Antonio gets labeled as a "boring" defensive team, but their offense is criminally underrated. They don't like to score 120, but they certainly can if that's the only way they can win.

Also, the Jazz and Rockets can still not be taken lightly.

The Suns were a guarantee to make the finals over the last two seasons. What happened there.

The Spurs are 41-18. They've won 8 games in a row. They're #1 in points allowed, #1 in point differential, #3 in opponents FG%, #3 in opponents 3pt%, #3 in FG%, #5 in 3pt%. Their biggest weakness statistically is that they're 'just' a slightly above average rebounding team, mainly due to low offensive rebounding totals. Defensively they're in the top 5.

There's hating on a team and there's willfull ignorance. The Spurs are just as much of a threat as the Mavericks and Suns.