TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

ECW 3/6/2007

Following the blockbuster announcement on Raw, special guest referee for the Battle of the Billionaires at WrestleMania “Stone Cold” Steve Austin will be live on ECW on Sci Fi. With Donald Trump’s representative Bobby Lashley in the house, what level of hell will be raised when Austin makes his first appearance ever on ECW on Sci Fi?

Speaking of the Battle of the Billionaires, Mr. McMahon vowed to make life a “living hell” for ECW World Champion Bobby Lashley after Donald Trump chose him as his representative last week. The egomaniacal billionaire attempted to make good on his promise on ECW on Sci Fi, but to Mr. McMahon’s dismay, Lashley prevailed. The ECW World Champion proved that he would not be intimidated by the Chairman’s Battle of the Billionaires representative, Umaga – especially on his own turf. What does McMahon have in store for Lashley next?

Last week, the war between the New Breed and the ECW Originals saw both sides trade victories. Balls Mahoney got a victory by disqualification over Matt Striker after Snitsky attacked, and the team of Marcus Cor Von & Kevin Thorn beat Tommy Dreamer & Rob Van Dam with help from Elijah Burke. What will be the next chapter in this ongoing battle for supremacy? Will either side gain an advantage?

Snitsky showed that he does not discriminate when he attacked both ECW Original Mahoney and New Breed member Striker. Since Snitsky seems to have only one ally - himself - which ECW Superstar will feel his wrath next?

Straightedge ECW Superstar CM Punk added momentum in his march to the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania 23 last week, but was joined by an invader from SmackDown when Mr. Kennedy beat Sabu in an Extreme Rules qualifying match. With one slot still left in the match, will another ECW Superstar get a chance to earn a spot in Money in the Bank?

Find out all this and more Tuesday night on ECW on Sci Fi at 10/9 CT

Meltzer is also reporting Rob Van Dam vs. Elijah Burke for the show.

Orton's meeting with Coach has to involve the Lashley/Umaga match in some way. I can just see him attacking Lashley or Austin (since he is the Legend Killer) on ECW tonight in exchange for a MITB triple-threat next week.

Or maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Meltzer is also reporting Rob Van Dam vs. Elijah Burke for the show.

So RVD's jobbing to Orlando Jordan 2.0 again?

Elijah Burke is a way better wrestler and character than Jordan. As for RVD jobbing, let's wait and see.

Burke is better on the mic than Jordan, but as far as in ring work....it's a push. What I don't get is why don't think book RVD vs. Monty Brown? It's the only one of these New Breed/Originals singles matches I might be interested in.

I think Orton's meeting with Coach was mostly him trying to get another shot to be in the MITB match. What I am begging them not to do is have Orton do all sorts of shit to get in the match and then actually win the MITB. I hated that lame booking with HHH for KOTR 97, with him constantly getting extra chances. I hated it again in 1999 with HHH (again) where he had to win various matches to even qualify for the 6 pack match, and then won that too.

Burke's way better than Orlando Jordan... the guy had good matches with all sorts of stiffs like Matt Morgan and Shad Gaspard (back when he was "Da Beast" in OVW and was useless). Since he's heel, WWE probably isn't letting him work that underdog babyface style.

Why Kennedy?

Well he was there last week. It's no real story for him on Smackdown. He and Lashley have a mini-story going on so why not give him another ECW title shot.

I'm all for Burke vs RVD again. The last time the two had a match it was pretty decent, other than Burke screwing up the finish. Hopefully the two get an actual finish (doubtful) with some more time than they had last time the two had a match.

The real question for tonight is, will ECW continue with their string of good shows?

I doubt it will happen this week, but with the rumors they're going to make a GM position on ECW I'd like to see Matt Striker in that role.

Let Punk and Kennedy promo-off in the ring instead of a match.

Since he made his debut, has Punk cut a promo aside from that quick "Hey! Knox! FITE ME!" promo a few months back? Not counting those video packages or the little cut-in box promos that last 10 seconds before a match. I mean a real promo. The guy is a brilliant promo and he's been silenced for the most part.

I doubt it will happen this week, but with the rumors they're going to make a GM position on ECW I'd like to see Matt Striker in that role.

Since Foley got his job back make him the commish or give him the Fonzie role as official ref who calls it down the middle daddio!

He's already a mix of Sanders and Douglas, might as well push it all the way. Just insert some random F bombs and it's all set.

He's already a mix of Sanders and Douglas, might as well push it all the way. Just insert some random F bombs and it's all set.

If Matt Striker could do a powerbomb, calling it the F Bomb would be awesome.

The 20 minute in ring talking thing sucks in ECW.

Would you prefer a meaningless match? Seeing as it's Mania build furthering storylines>meaningless matches.

Guest NYR10

Seeing how it's ECW, I'd love it if Austin came out and imitated Hogan like the good ol days

The past two weeks have done wonders for Lashley. People are really starting to pay attention to him. The voice may be the one thing that kills him, but that didn't hurt him tonight.