TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

TSM Poster Tournament 2007

the annual chav/czech war resumes.

Last year it was more Czech/Malibu withCzech being paranoid and me playing up to it.

This year, however, I will expose him as the fool he is.

Oh good Lord.

YOU FOOL

Guest Banky Edwards
Piss doesn't have Internet. Hoff, Dutch, Vyce, and Niskie are semi-retired, aren't they? I rarely see them here.

I nominate myself.

You need to pay closer attention.

I had not seen him in the last three months. I apologize.

Also, no pushing Carnival near the championship.

That would've been as disastrous as the Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Here's why I should be nominated.

I've been advertising something in my signature for nearly a year that's been dead without even realizing it because I have signatures turned off.

That takes fucking TALENT.

Yes you do. You can impress SOMEONE.

The only way Marvin would impress us is if he finally got over his HDTV

I'm being nominated by World's Worst Man. He just doesn't like this corner of the forum enough to let you folks know himself. Maybe I can be matched up against Slayer and lose by a blow-out again!

Guest Queen Leelee

I'm the Duke of this tournament.

Everyone knows I'm the best in every way, but they vote against me because they know they'll never be in my league. And they hate me for it so.

You're more like Terrell Owens... you might be pretty good from time to time, but most everyone wishes you'd just shut the hell up

You're more like Terrell Owens... you might be pretty good from time to time, but most everyone wishes you'd just shut the hell up

Still more proof that Slayer should win this tournament.

This is quite the terrible roster of posters that have been set up for the tournament.

Any tourney that includes Rando and Hawk among its top 64 posters is a tourney I want no part in.

Guest Queen Leelee

I gleefully accept this comparison.

Still more proof that Slayer should win this tournament.

quoted for truth.

Guest Vitamin X
Piss, CWM, Dutch, Hoff, Vyce, Malibu, Carnival, Lushus, nl5xsk1, kkk, YNA

Piss doesn't have Internet. Hoff, Dutch, Vyce, and Niskie are semi-retired, aren't they? I rarely see them here.

Everyone's fair game except banned posters and dupes/gimmick accounts, as usual.

No guidelines were given as to whether it was best posters now, over the last year or of all time.

Czech fears competition.

I forgot to mention inactive posters among the dupes/gimmick accounts and banned ones as well. It doesn't make sense for posters who haven't even been around in the last year to win a new poster tourney.

But, if there aren't enough people for a 64 seed tournament, I'll go ahead and include them. This is going to include the likes of Piss, Dutch, Hoff, Vyce, Malibu, and niskie. I haven't seen Carnival that much, but since he made it to last year's final four and still posts every here and there, it's cool.

I'll go ahead and update the first post with the new nominations in a moment. If anyone really doesn't want to participate (I saw Lushus and Star Ocean didn't) I'll take em off. The less posters I have for seeds up there, the easier it'd be on me. I really wouldn't want to expend too much effort in a fucking internet messageboard popularity contest.

Also, chave, I nominated 32 people because that's half the field and I didn't want this thread to go off into multiple pages of dupes nominating the same people (I've seen a few already). Easier that way. Although there's really no limit as to who you can nominate, provided they're active, non-banned, actual posters.

Guest Queen Leelee

Black, why won't you play.

Let's lead Clique B to victory.

Guest Vitamin X

Also, I added this to the first post, but just in case anyone missed it or might want to give me some feedback on it:

That's 58 posters. I need 6 more.

Bracketing will also be done as follows: I've decided to go along with 4 brackets of 16, as I mentioned, but each bracket of 16 will consist of one particular group of posters. The four groups of posters I'm thinking of here would be something like Sports folder, Old-Timers/Veterans, Rookies/Newcomers, and Music/otherwise elitist snobs. Obviously we have some posters here who might fit more than one criteria (or three, actually) so I'm just putting them in the bracket I think of them the most as, and anyone left over will go into the Vets or Rookies bracket.

Qualifications for the Vets would be people who are fairly well established at TSM, and have some sort of history/character/something they've done in the past that everyone can think of. Some sense of identity, in other words. There are a number of people who, even though they might have been here a while and posting actively, might not have made a real single memorable post until just recently (or at least, well enough to even get nominated or have the gall to nominate themselves here. So it's not really Rookies/Newcomers so much as, I don't know.. The mediocre? The mid-majors?

I'll then seed each bracket by how much each poster fits each particular bracket, which is obviously at my discretion since I'm organizing the damn thing this year. Now go.