TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
teke184

Angle named in federal steroid sting

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more...uble0312/1.html

The steroid sting in Florida which revealed a doctor associated with the Pittsburg Steelers buying up a lot of HGH has also named Kurt Angle as a buyer from the same supplier.

• Kurt Angle, a 1996 Olympic gold-medal-winning freestyle wrestler and now a star professional wrestler, received two prescriptions for trenbolone and one for nandrolone between October 2004 and February '05. (Angle did not return messages left with his spokesman.)

Not that him using is a big surprise, but this could get a lot of negative publicity in the mainstream thanks to other names involved, like Evander Holyfield.

Now who's to be at fault here. I mean Angle is now in TNA, but during the dates of said time, he was with the WWE.

It's not where you were, it's where you are. All that will be mentioned is TNA wrestler Kurt Angle took steroids. Which really isn't a surprise since muscle and girth is a huge part of remaining in wrestling.

Well...what do the two kinds, trenbolone and nandrolone, do exactly? Because there is a SLIIIIIIIGHT possibility that they were used for legitimate purposes. He DID break his neck a couple of times, remember? I'm not defending him, don't get me wrong, it's fucking obvious he's used something from when he debuted in October '99 to even mid-2000 (his hair thinned a decent amount, and his forehead sloped forward), but let's just not jump the fucking gun.

I remember when this story broke out a week ago and made the connection between Florida and Pittsburgh and actually thought of Kurt Angle. Not surprised here.

As far as media reaction, probably not much but as for the media itself, WWE is the only wrestling promotion and since it's Mania time and Angle is a former WWE worker, WWE likely gets talked about over TNA.

Now who's to be at fault here. I mean Angle is now in TNA, but during the dates of said time, he was with the WWE.

It's not where you were, it's where you are. All that will be mentioned is TNA wrestler Kurt Angle took steroids. Which really isn't a surprise since muscle and girth is a huge part of remaining in wrestling.

If TNA can find out that Kurt is not taking steroids, then it'll get pinned on the WWE.

Of course, like Laz said he did have a broken neck during that time frame too.

One is used for an increase in body and muscle mass while the other can be used to increase bone density and muscle growth.

It's possible he just used them to rebuild muscle mass after losing some because of the neck injury.

If TNA can find out that Kurt is not taking steroids, then it'll get pinned on the WWE.

TNA will "find out" Angle isn't taking steroids via its comprehensive drug testing program. Oh, wait. Never mind.

-If your WWE you simply say that he no longer works for this company due to your implementation of the "wellness program".

-If your TNA you simply say that the transgression was prior to working with the company.

Simple, easy, both company's give the run around, and it's left with Angle to explain his own actions.

by Dave Meltzer

Kurt Angle was one of a number of star pro athletes linked in the sting of the Palm Beach Rejuvenation Center which on Monady led to co-owner Glen Stefano and ten others pleading not guilty to multile charges of illegally selling steroids and hormones.

An investigative article by Luis Fernando Llosa and L. Jon Werheim, which can be linked from the home page at www.si.com lists Angle a having received two prescriptions for trenbolone and one for nandralone between October 2004 and February 2005.

They listed that Angle did not return messages from Sports Illustrated.

TNA's official stance at present was to make no comment, although the time frame listed was when Angle worked for WWE. It should be noted that prior to being let go by WWE in 2006, Angle failed a steroid test for nandralone (decadurabolin), and was suspended for 30 days because the time frame on his prescription for the drug had expired.

If Angle was using the drugs, it may not have been illegal since he obtained them with a prescription. It is illegal to prescribe steroids except for treatment of medical conditions, but it is likely Angle, or any pro wrestler, could make an argument they were using them to rehabilitate injuries.

WWE was not testing for steroids during the time frame of the prescriptions, but even today, their policy allows usage for just medical cause. Most major sports and worldwide competitions like the Olympics do not allow usage, even with a prescription.

The story said sources told Sports Illustrated that the clients listed, which included baseball stars Gary Matthews Jr., Jerry Hairston, David Bell, Jose Canseco and John Rocker, are unlikely to face prosecution because the target of the investigations of the suppliers.

Angle's name was listed as having received drugs from Applied Pharmacy Services in Mobile. It is likely his name made the report because of his status as former Olympic gold medalist as much as being a pro wrestling star.

Well...what do the two kinds, trenbolone and nandrolone, do exactly? Because there is a SLIIIIIIIGHT possibility that they were used for legitimate purposes. He DID break his neck a couple of times, remember? I'm not defending him, don't get me wrong, it's fucking obvious he's used something from when he debuted in October '99 to even mid-2000 (his hair thinned a decent amount, and his forehead sloped forward), but let's just not jump the fucking gun.

Trenbolone is an anabolic steroid used by veterinarians on livestock to increase muscle growth and appetite. No trenbolone compounds have been approved by the FDA for human use, due to a lack of clinical applications and considerable negative side-effects. It is classified as a Schedule III drug under the Controlled Substances Act. However, bodybuilders have been known to use the drug illicitly in order to increase body mass more effectively than by weight training alone. A normal bodybuilding dosage can range from 200 mg/week up to 1400 mg/week. Due to the relatively short metabolic half-life of trenbolone acetate, dosages should commonly be split into injections at least once every two days. Trenbolone enanthate can be injected once a week.

Whatever that means. Its supposed to be used in animals, not humans, so there you go.

Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid occurring naturally in the human body, albeit in small quantities. Nandrolone is most commonly sold commercially as its decanoate ester (Deca-Durabolin) and less commonly as a phenylpropionate ester (Durabolin).

And since this is produced by the human body, Im assuming its not too illegal, but Im not a CJ major. I mean, would it be illegal for me to take testostorone pills??