TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xavier Cromartie

Why did you erase our arcade scores

Guest Queen Leelee

Adminbot won't say anything. He'll probably reverse it, though, and still won't give an explanation.

Oh well, I'll just get first in all those games again.

After finding some neat scripts to weed out cheaters, some scores have been cleaned and more in the future will be.

I am not saying you cheated on every game, but the script compared the score & the time taken for a particular game and compares it to sever logs to see if the time taken was the same. If they don't match and you specified your own "time" into the query then its found and your scores are removed. As simple as that, there is NO "undo-ing" to these actions as there is hard evidence of what was done.

If you are a cheater ALL your scores will be erased, not just the one particular one. If cheating is continual, you will be banned from the arcades.

Guest Queen Leelee
After finding some neat scripts to weed out cheaters, some scores have been cleaned and more in the future will be.

I am not saying you cheated on every game, but the script compared the score & the time taken for a particular game and compares it to sever logs to see if the time taken was the same. If they don't match and you specified your own "time" into the query then its found and your scores are removed. As simple as that, there is NO "undo-ing" to these actions as there is hard evidence of what was done.

If you are a cheater ALL your scores will be erased, not just the one particular one. If cheating is continual, you will be banned from the arcades.

I didn't specify any "times" into the query. Whatever that means.

Give me this "hard evidence" that I cheated.

I always wondered how, on Sports Smash, Leena got her score in over 7 minutes of play while he rest of us only got 5 minutes...is there some way to gain more minutes?

Exactly. What point is there in cheating.

You tell us what you got out of it.

I didn't specify any "times" into the query. Whatever that means.

Give me this "hard evidence" that I cheated.

I also would like to know when I specified my own "time" into the query.

Gee, come to think of it, when issues of hacking or cheating come up on this forum, certain people's names seem to come up quite often, don't they?

Guest Queen Leelee

The only time where I may have altered the playing conditions is when I put Curveball into fullscreen mode. By downloading the game and playing it on my own player. Other than that, nothing. I have no idea how to insert times, or whatever, into SWF files.

I would like an immediate apology for Adminbot attempting to disgrace my noble name at forums.thesmartmarks.com.

Also, why don't you try fixing the board for once.

Exactly. What point is there in cheating.

You tell us what you got out of it.

How do you cheat anyway?

Although I'm curious as to how someone got 336,000 in that Gold Mining game

Just have a lot on time on your hands. I had about 355,000 before the scores were erased the first time, and it took, like, 3 1/2 hours.

Also, you'll notice after playing it a lot that there's a certain pattern as far as which stages have a ton of diamonds, and which don't have any. I can't remember it, since I haven't played it since getting that score.

so I can't use my Game Genie? What about the Konami code?

legit LOL

Guest Queen Leelee

Bot can't even give us a reason.

He likely saw that some of our scores were ridiculously high, and assumed cheating.

Oh well.

Don't hate the great ones. Embrace them.

Why was everyone's scores erased? There's no score on the arcade older than Dec 2006. Was everyone cheating?

I always wondered on a board full of geeks, that a girl has the top score in most of the games.

Oh boy. You'll regret saying that one soon.

I'm really bad at these arcade games, even though my dream is to one day break that Gold Miner record

Bot can't even give us a reason.

He likely saw that some of our scores were ridiculously high, and assumed cheating.

Oh well.

Don't hate the great ones. Embrace them.

Well since you didn't like the explanation above and plead the case of "computer illiteracy" then I guess i have nothing else to say or do but to embrace you...

Guest Queen Leelee

You said we entered the time for our games. That's very vague. And how does that even prove cheating.

So, are you saying with 100% assurance that me, Ortonsault and chaosrage are guilty of this.

Because, if so, then you're wrong.

And I'm hardly computer illiterate. It's very easy to change a couple lines in SWF files to post a high score. I have no idea how to change the posted time on forums.thesmartmarks.com. I don't even see the purpose.

Now, give another vague response, adminbot.