TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

Venom

i'll admit, I love him. I think he's aweseome. Not only is he just nasty looking, he fucks with Spider-man mor than anyone except Osborne.

The second he's loose he's ragin on parker.

Has some very definite detriments. Very popular during the WORST ever Spidy crossovers. I was like 12 when Maximum came out. Venom was my fave villain. Spidey was my fave hero. THIS JUST SUCKED. It sucked so bad .... IT JUST SUCKED. Forget the clone wars. Actaually don't. Sal Buscema is bar-none, the second shittiest artist ever, next to Jim Aparo,

Arrrrgh. I hate every piece of this.

'

I'm not that big a comic book guy, but Venom is my favorite super hero. I say hero because I want to be just like him.

He is pretty bad-ass, though, seriously. Cool look, bad attitude, fucks shit up.

Side note, I was really hoping they'd cast Brock Lesnar as Venom in the third movie. Ah well. :)

i'll admit, I love him. I think he's aweseome. Not only is he just nasty looking, he fucks with Spider-man mor than anyone except Osborne.

Has some very definite detriments. Very popular during the WORST ever Spidy crossovers. I was like 12 when Maximum came out. Venom was my fave villain. Spidey was my fave hero. THIS JUST SUCKED. It sucked so bad .... IT JUST SUCKED. Forget the clone wars. Actaually don't. Sal Buscema is bar-none, the second shittiest artist ever, next to Jim Aparo,

'

....I....agree??

Hold on, did you just call Jim Aparo the shittiest artist ever?

Side note, I was really hoping they'd cast Brock Lesnar as Venom in the third movie. Ah well. :)

I'm out of the loop—is he really being played by Topher Grace? How does that work?!

After much debate amongst people I know... Topher as Venom is a mirrored Spiderman. The powers without the morality of Uncle Ben. So it kind of works... if you want it too.

Good band who helped influence thrash and black metal and

Oh shit

lol ill pretend u said the comic book venom and not the band

Tosh -- yeah, what Massito said. It's one of those things that's maybe not true to the source material, but should make for a good movie. Topher's very good in the awkward, socially inept role, which sounds like the direction the movies are going with the Eddie Brock character. It's my impression from what I've seen and read that Eddie Brock is going to, at least in his own mind, be something of a societal outcast, which should make Topher a good fit.

So hopefully it'll be amazing.

BUT...

lesnarvenom.jpg

Come ON. This would have rocked.

'

So are you going to be just as pist, if not more when the symboite leaves the body host and goes back to Parker and Venom pretty much dissappears?

I thought Lethal Protector was a fun read.

As for Lesnar being Venom, that would have been awesome and would have made sense since I'm used to the Eddie Brock character being, you know, a body builder?

RIGHT! Exactly. No way Brock could have pulled off the part, but it would have been amazing visually.

I did...that's an odd question, as I haven't heard too many people pitching this idea. I think the fact that he's a huge man who can move and jump around, and looks kinda crazy, that's a lot more telling. I thought of it after I saw his entrance, leaping onto the ring apron.

Word. One of the greatest Batman pencillers EVER.

Really? I dunno. He makes Batman look good, but I don't know if I've ever seen a regular or even incidental Batman penciller make him look BAD. Let me look around on the internet.

Actually, looking a bit more into it, his Spectre art is really great, and he does nice action secqueces, with a nice sense of space.... That's something a lot of flashy pencillers ignore, and is particularly important in Batman, when people aren't flying around all the time. I still think his facial expressions aren't great...

Ok I just hate the way he draws the Joker, like, a lot. I was wrong on that one. He's much better than I thought, and I was mostly basing my opinion on my Death in the Family trade.

If I'm advertising something I shouldn't then my apoligies.

But on the Demonoid.com Torrent site, someone uploaded a nifty pack with EVERY symbiote appearence EVER in comics. Well worth downloading, great site to read tons of books at once on the computer.

'

So are you going to be just as pist, if not more when the symboite leaves the body host and goes back to Parker and Venom pretty much dissappears?

Well...I was wrong about that whole thing.

The Venom in Thunderbolts (Gargan) is AWESOME. He's drawn really well, has a cool costume, and recently almost blew the Bolts whole "American Heroes" gig as he was going to EAT Jack Flag, if Moonstone didn't stop him. They show that when he has the suit on, Gargan claims it's really warm, as opposed to when he stores it in his stomach, he gets a sickening, cold feeling.

Forget Brock, it's 2007, and THAT Venom was unfortunately, after an awesome debut, way too overexposed and played out. I hope the new Venom eventually gets respectability and then goes nuts at a press conference, eats some little children, and remains an evil character who doesn't "reason" with heroes.

I agree, even though I like the original look more. Gargan-Venom and Lady Deathstrike teaming up for a few panels in Civil War was one of my favorite parts. They're two of my favorite villains.

I really liked the Eddie Brock character in Ultimate Spider-Man. Well to be accurate, I hated him. And I like Topher Grace sort of following that mold. In USM, Brock was basically a skinny punk kid like Parker, and the symbiote made him huge. Better than a body-builder with a pretty lame complaint against Spidey, in the first place.

Had cancer which would kill him OMGRIGHT THIS SECOND! if he wasn't bonded to the symbiote. Then sold the symbiote and committed suicide... And seems to be recovering in the hospital, despite being on death's door....

And carnage was in Cassidy's blood, then got eatten, then showed back up...

Basically it's a fucking mess.

Let's not even get into the supid amnesia angle.

Had cancer which would kill him OMGRIGHT THIS SECOND! if he wasn't bonded to the symbiote. Then sold the symbiote and committed suicide... And seems to be recovering in the hospital, despite being on death's door....

And carnage was in Cassidy's blood, then got eatten, then showed back up...

Basically it's a fucking mess.

Let's not even get into the supid amnesia angle.

Eddie Brock's (not Venom) coming back in a few issues of one of the Spiderman comics. It turns out he's at the same hospital that Aunt May is 'dying' from the assassination attempt at. And I also really liked the scene with Gargan in the latest Thunderbolts.

And speaking of Carnage, is he still 'dead' from being ripped in half by Sentry in the first arc of New Avengers?

We can hope. I want to get a huge poster of Sentry killing Carnage and frame it. Made me sooooo happy. I hate hate hate hate Carnage.

The first Carnage arc, IIRC, wasn't so bad. I think Maximum Carnage directly followed. THAT is one of the worst things ever. It exemplifies everything wrong with 90's Marvel.