TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Amazing Rando

PROMO - Getting Creative

No matter how many times he tried he could not break his old habits. So what does a smoker do when you take away his cigarettes? What does an alcoholic do when you dump his beer down the drain? What does a wrestler with a history of brutal conflict to his name do when you write the brutality out of his contract?

He gets creative.

Corporate stand-offs were not something Alan Clark was good at. He had been sitting in a chair across from a few of the Disney’s creative brain trust for the better part of an hour, with Walter Reynolds standing over his shoulder, rarely moving except to put a hand over his face or to pull Clark back down into his seat should he get a little restless.

“We are sorry, but we just can not allow you to compete in wrestling contests with that sort of violent history!”

“And I will ask you again – do you know how I made my name in the SWF? Mall Brawl, Falls Count Anywhere, Condemned House, Empty Arena…I was almost killed in a vicious street fight against a madman twice my size!!” Alan again shoots from his seat, and once again Walter puts his hands to Clark’s shoulders and pushes him back down. “I was called Bloodshed for crying out lo—“

“Yes, we know of your other contractual agreements and we are doing are best to be as lenient as possible when it comes to how you are portrayed on television in conjunction with our name and corporate image. Now, Mr. Clark, if you do not have anything else for us today…”

“What about Pirates of the Caribbean??!” he yells, “bodies being cracked in half, sword fights, rampant violence! You own Miramax and Touchstone! You signed off for Pulp Fiction! Do you know how many times they say the word –“

“Enough, Mr. Clark!”

“The average age of an SWF fan is old enough to hear that kind of language. We have an ex-convict for a World Champion. I just want you to hear me out and maybe we can work out a bit of a deal to keep my sponsorship intact while still appealing to a broader audience.”

“What kind of a deal?”

“If I can get rid of this camera, I’ll tell you all about it.” The camera suddenly goes to static and fades away, a tiny bit of audio slipping through the microphone before it too cuts out…

“My idea is called Mir…………..……”

It's difficult to comment on something when it's a teaser, as there's not much to actually comment on. However, I'll be intrigued to see how Clark gets around this stip in his contract, even though it could potentially take away some of the dichotomy that makes the character interesting.

And I hope he's talking about the Mir space station.

Sign in to follow this