TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Woolery

This Is Bullshit.

storm absolutely should not be getting posted after the oaoast thursday show, and the card for the next storm absolutely should not be getting posted afted the oaoast thursday show, either.

i'm not going to claim to know how to rectify the situation, as i don't know what time people go to bed and i don't know who's marking and i don't know what's holding it up, but i will say that something absolutely needs to be done to fix this trend before it gets even further out of hand. for six years, with few exceptions, we got a show up the night of the actual show, and a card up that night or the next morning as well. the fact that we can't do it now is bullshit. something needs to be done.

From what I can gather, the problems with this week's show were:

1) Spike being too high to remember who to send his marked match to. I doubt that will be much of a recurring problem.

2) Tom usually is not online at night until 11:30 and marking can take a bit of time, although this week I believe he had a no-show victory anyway.

I expected, although did not ask about, the show to be posted with a space left for the missing match in question, although on Wednesday night he also might have been waiting for Judge, I'm not sure.

If Tom did not have to work late and thus push back any marking he would have to do, I'd suggest letting someone else post the show and maybe on Thursday morning have a card posted by Tom, Chris, or anyone that can be trusted/knows the storylines/whatever .... I do think that, this week at least, was just an exception rather than the rule, though I know usually shows/cards have been posted Thursday nights the last few weeks.

Seeing as how it seems to be an uncommon situation for the card to be posted this late, I'm willing to give Tom the benefit of the doubt.

And, of course, based on the discussion from last week, I'm inclined to suspect that if writers could get their matches in to the markers in a more timely manner, and, in turn, if the markers could get their marked matches in to Tom in a more timely manner, I'm sure that the shows/cards would go up on time. I can't imagine that Tom is delaying the shows out of any sense of irresponsibility...

It may be just me, but I don't see the problems with a late show. Posting a show/card one day late really shouldn't disrupt anything, and since it is known Tom works midnights it should probably be expected, so if the show is posted its posted extremely late, and most people don't read the show until later that day anyway.

I lack support. Matches habitually come to me from markers in the late morning or early afternoon on Thursday. I let it go because my other option is to mark everything myself, and I don't have the stamina to do that. Very few people keep me abreast of what their plans are, making booking exceptionally difficult. On top of that, I work a full-time job and then some on second shift, meaning 3-11 when I'm lucky and either an early start or a late leave when I'm not. This was a particularly bad week on both counts.

Raynor had mentioned that he's requesting a transfer to first shift, which is usually 7-3 or 9-5 or thereabouts, and he's expressed an interest in booking again. I'm looking forward to handing the booking duties back to him, since when he's working first shift he'll be able to do so on a timeline that's more satisfactory. In the mean time, however, I'm doing the best I fucking can to keep the fed alive. If I'm not doing so in a satisfactory manner I'll be more than happy to step down. I've been thinking very hard about it lately anyway but have decided to stick it out because the utter lack of help means the next booker would most likely have to be pulled from the active roster and we can't afford to lose any more writers.

As I've said to several people over the last few weeks, this is a lot harder than it looks, assuming you actually try to do what people want. I'd be MORE than happy not to have to deal with it anymore.

Sadly, first-shift is not quite what I'm getting. I'm still early afternoons/evenings - the only difference is I'm getting the hell off the Overtime Desired List. Which means I'm getting my weekends back, and I'm no longer the first to be called into overtime, so I should be getting home at a reasonable hour every night, starting next week.

Of course, now that I've said that, I'm sure everyone out there is going to start mailing belated Valentine's en masse, flooding our REC site, just to spite me. Assholes. :P

Edited by chirs3

I'll post the show. I'm ok posting with only one match.

Different markers should have different due times, really. Then I'd be able to mark.

With a slightly earlier due time, I too could get a match marked in for the show to go up on the Wednesday, if no-one thought that I'd have a conflict of interests in marking.

storm absolutely should not be getting posted after the oaoast thursday show, and the card for the next storm absolutely should not be getting posted afted the oaoast thursday show, either.

i'm not going to claim to know how to rectify the situation, as i don't know what time people go to bed and i don't know who's marking and i don't know what's holding it up, but i will say that something absolutely needs to be done to fix this trend before it gets even further out of hand. for six years, with few exceptions, we got a show up the night of the actual show, and a card up that night or the next morning as well. the fact that we can't do it now is bullshit. something needs to be done.

Tell you what IS bullshit. Someone sounding off about how the fed's currently run, then not turning in a match, ANY sort of match, for the next show. You're in a match-writing fed, Mike. What part of 'match-writing' don't you understand?