TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

OAO Destination X PPV Thread

Tonight's line-up in this order:

No pre-show match, but there will be a live pre-show at 7:30 p.m. free on the PPV channel which will be a spoof of the Academy Awards with wrestlers coming out on a black & blue carpet

Live matches:

*LAX vs. Team 3-D in a Ghetto Street fight which is a form of a lumberjack match

*Petey Williams & Gail Kim vs. James Storm & Jackie Moore in a double bullrope match

*Senshi vs. Austin Starr must win with a chicken wing

*VKM vs. Mystery opponents (more on that later)

*Chris Sabin vs. Jerry Lynn 2/3 falls for X Division title

*Rhino vs. A.J. Styles in an Elevation X match

*Kurt Angle vs. Scott Steiner

*Sting vs. Abyss in a Last Rites match (loser must get strapped to a bed which will be raised with the idea the loser goes to heaven or hell)

*Christian Cage vs. Samoa Joe for the NWA title

--Great Muta is at the TNA tapings and will be appearing on both the preshow and the PPV, but will not be wrestling.

--In the VKM tag team match against Christy Hemme's mystery team, the booking committee is keeping the identity a surprise. The Bashams are headed to TNA but it is believed it won't be them tonight. Several major league baseball stars will be attending the show since they are in Florida for spring training, including Travis Hafner of the Cleveland Indians

Secret tag team tonight is believed to be...

Romeo Roselli & Antonio Thomas, likely as The Heartbreakers.

Guest General Mike

The mystery tag team will probably be the fat stripper and another fat stripper.

Edit: Nevermind.

I watch the Road to Destination X special the other night and it got me excited about the PPV since everything started to make since for once. When it was hyping the Jerry Lynn vs Chris Sabin match it showed clips from matches and the experience vet vs young up and comer hype actually made sense! There was no stupid crap like Sabin with walker or Bob Backland clips involved at all! The Sting vs Abyss match used footage from the last PPV of Sting beating up "the devil" and the "death bed" promo to hype the match but I still don't have any idea what the rules are for the match. Joe vs Christian had clips of previous promos and the good guy vs mob beatdown footage it sort of made sense. Steiner vs Angle had footage of the vicious headbutt and Angle getting stitches along with various crazy promos from Steiner and the regular pull apart brawls hey they hate each other.

WHY CAN'T IMPACT BE CONSTRUCTED TO MAKE SINCE LIKE THIS SPECIAL? The bad part of it was the hosts of Borash and Christy "I wish I was on General Hospital" Hemme. Voice over guy ruled, the video packages ruled, overall every made sense. While the average episode of Impact looked like producers are the type of people who would pull apart the pieces of a Rubic Cube after hours of frustration of never getting the middle pieces in line and they just throw it in the corner and forget about it

...annnd they show Muta in the most unspectacular way humanly possible.

He's THE GREAT MUTA, and you have him come out of a LIMO? MUTA TRIES TO *EAT PEOPLE*!

I mean...seriously. Is it THAT hard to play up that it's the first time he's been on American TV in what? Seven years, and most have some sort of SINISTER PLAN~!?

I expect way too much from TNA I think.

Are Dale Torborg, ICP, Vampiro backstage too? Talk about last minute switch & bait to get the internet nerds to buy the PPV they tease the puro legend appearence then present him as if its still Russo-ific WCW!

With each passing month, the traffic in the TNA PPV threads falls to even lower levels. You usually get someone giving semi-ongoing commentary of the PPV's, but even that isn't happening for what is likely to be a PPV that'll get in the range of 20,000 buys.

Why aren't the people who speak so highly of Impact in here talking about the PPV? Surely such compelling TV should have made them want to put down the money for this PPV?

So far:

LAX beat Team 3-D

James Storm & Miss Jackie beat Petey Williams & Gail Kim

Senshi beat Austin Starr

VKM beat The Heartbreakers

Chris Sabin beat Jerry Lynn

Rhino beat AJ Styles

Destination X:

- LAX vs Team 3D in a ‘Ghetto Brawl’ opens the show. Strange choice of opening match really. No lumberjacks at ringside for this one, but there are various weapons (mainly garbage cans and a couple of cookie sheets) around the ring. They went into the crowd early after a dive over the top by Homicide onto Devon. “This is awesome” chants are up already. They went back into the ring, and Team 3D started to drink a beer. After some of LAX’s “Latino Nation” hit the ring and attacked 3D, Johnny Rodz got involved and cleaned house. He was moving real slow but everybody sold huge for him. “Devon’s brothers from Brooklyn” (Tenay’s words) hit the ring, and I guess now this is a ghetto brawl! The referee lost control, and Machete pulled him out of the ring as he was counting a pinfall by Devon. Alex Shelley hit the ring, and gave Devon a frogsplash through a table after decking him with his video camera. Homicide made the cover and pinned Devon. Winners: LAX.

- Rhino cut a good, serious promo. He admitted he was scared of what could happen tonight.

- Petey Williams and Gail Kim vs James Storm and Jackie Moore in a Double Bullrope match is up next. Williams and Storm are tied together with a rope, as are Kim and Moore. Not a bad match. It was kept short (as you may expect), going around eight minutes. They used the ropes for several spots before Williams got set up to nail Storm with the Canadian Destroyer after hitting a DDT, only for Jackie to hit him with a low blow. Storm superkicked Williams and got the pinfall. Winners: James Storm and Jackie Moore.

- Backstage, Christian told Steiner he needed his help tonight with Tomko being in Japan. Steiner said Cage was on his own and walked off. Cage grabbed Leticia, said it wasn’t over, and took her with him.

- Senshi vs Austin Starr is up next in a ‘Winner must win by Chicken Wing match’. Tenay and West discussed The Great Muta being in Orlando and wondered why he was at the PPV. Good opening to the match with some good technical exchanges. Bob Backlund headed to ringside mid-match to get a closer look. Senshi tried for the chicken wing but Starr blocked it and sent Senshi to the outside, then hit a suicide dive onto him. They went back into the ring and Starr locked in the Chicken Wing, but the referee made him break the hold as his feet were under the bottom rope. Senshi then put the hold on Starr, who tapped out. Good match. Winner: Senshi.

- After the match, Backlund tried to shake hands with Starr, but he refused and instead put the Chicken Wing on Backlund. I guess we are getting that match after all. Referees split them up.

- VKM vs Christy Hemme’s mystery team is up next. Kip James cut a promo on Christy before the match, saying he didn’t know who’d want to work for a woman. Hemme introduced her team as former WWE tag team The Heart Throbs, working now as The Heart Breakers. The word we got this afternoon was that The Bashams were indeed in Orlando today for the show, but I guess the plan on what to do with them (if anything) has changed recently. As we’ve previously noted on the site, TNA were impressed with Romeo and Antonio’s gimmick during a recent tryout. I guess we’ll know more by the end of tomorrow night’s taping as to what TNA have planned for both former WWE tag teams.

The match got started, and the crowd turned on it pretty much right away. Lance Hoyt came out to take Christy to the back after she tried to low blow Kip, who had a cup on which he removed and put in Christy’s face. Nice. The crowd turned to silence as this played out, with very little heat at all. VKM got the win after BG James hit the pump handle slam on Antonio at around the 9 minute mark. After the match, Hoyt celebrated with VKM. Hemme then returned and started shouting at the Heart Breakers before leaving with them. Winners: Voodoo Kin Mafia.

- Backstage, Christian was still dragging Leticia around with him. He saw Abyss and tried to talk him into helping him win tonight. Abyss seemed to be onside.

- Chris Sabin vs Jerry Lynn in a 2/3 falls for the X-Division title is up next. By the looks of things, a fight broke out in the crowd as everybody’s attention was away from the ring early on. Even the wrestlers and referee Earl Hebner looked distracted at one point. Lynn won the first fall pretty quickly in around 5 minutes after a swinging DDT. The crowd are into Lynn here. Sabin won the second fall quickly at 8 minutes by pinfall but with his feet on the ropes. Towards the end of the third fall, a guy in a mask jumped onto the apron, distracting everybody. Sabin hit Lynn with a low blow then the Cradle Shock to get the win 2-1 at around 14 minutes. Winner and still X-Division Champion: Chris Sabin.

The masked man revealed himself as Christopher Daniels, now sporting a beard. He gave Sabin the Angel Wings, then laid out Lynn with the X-Division belt.

- Jim Cornette said that he would be making an announcement regarding next month’s Lockdown PPV on iMPACT this week. Christy Hemme interrupted him and told him she wouldn’t quit.

- Elevation X: Rhino vs AJ Styles is up next. They started the match on the floor before AJ climbed up the scaffold, slowly followed by Rhino. The crowd look as scared as both these guys do. AJ hit a baseball slide on top of the structure that caused Rhino to nearly fall off. Styles tried for a Styles Clash on the top of the scaffold but Rhino blocked it, and laid into him with punches. AJ tried to throw powder in his eyes, but it backfired. Rhino went for the gore to knock AJ off the scaffold, but AJ hung on to the side momentarily until Rhino knocked him off by stomping on him. Awesome showing by Styles, who was taken to the back by medics after the match. Winner: Rhino

Wrestlemag

Don't forget to mention they gave away Christopher Daniels return with no build.

They have been showing clips of him the last month or so saying he was finding himself so there was SOME build...just none saying that he was coming back tonight

Was it a sunset bomb or a sunset flip? There is a bit of a diference one is an ok finish the other would be a real bad PPV finish.

Was it a sunset bomb or a sunset flip? There is a bit of a diference one is an ok finish the other would be a real bad PPV finish.

it was just the flip. Steiner was on the mat and holding onto the ropes but Angle was able to pull him down after a second or two

LMAO

the fans were chanting "FIRE RUSSO" when the deathbed was lowered during the Abyss/Sting match

TNA's most devoted fans want Russo gone. I can't wait to hear how that gets spun.

what was the rules to that match? was it a casket match but with the weird thing hanging over the ring?

LMAO

the fans were chanting "FIRE RUSSO" when the deathbed was lowered during the Abyss/Sting match

TNA's most devoted fans want Russo gone. I can't wait to hear how that gets spun.

what was the rules to that match? was it a casket match but with the weird thing hanging over the ring?

It was a casket match where the casket was lowered from the ceiling then had to be lifted up after the casket was closed

LMAO

In all fairness, about one minute later, there was a big bump (I think it was the chokeslam on the coffin) and the crowd started chanting TNA like they were programmed.

LMAO

It was a casket match where the casket was lowered from the ceiling then had to be lifted up after the casket was closed

Did pyro go off at the end of the match and did Mike Tenay or Don West yell "HE'S ALIVE!" or did James Mitchell make a surprise return with Abyss's "brother"?

Cage won by rolling over Joe while in the Kokina Clutch. Don West sounded like even more of a rube that would sit in front of you at a rasslin event than usual during the last 5 minutes.

That feels like a long while ago. The finish was pretty well done w/ a groggy ref not catching Cage's feet on the ropes after the roll through and the count being quite swift (not that they'll make a storyline out of a fast count).

I wish I could comment more on the ppv but I kept falling in and out of sleep. The entire night just felt like a rehash of last month's ppv.

We got robbed of Joe Vs NOAH for that shit.

Some people might think Punk is in the doghouse and the entire locker room hates him but Punk actually made a better move then Joe did.