TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

UFC 69: Shootout

What a time for Sanchez to deliver the shittiest performance of his life, and i still can't quite fathom what happened in the main event, in one night the Welterweight Division got shaken up big time. Huerta/Garcia brought the awesome, Nog officially being announced is awesome, Grove and Cummo looked good, quite the night for the UFC.

See, THIS is why the next PRIDE show is going to be awesome. There will be nothing shaken up, no shocks, just a bunch of nice subs and ko's and good ol fashion fun. Fuck this MMAOS, let's see fights of little consequence now! Fuck divisions and their rankings, clearly this sport is not meant for standings.

And fuck Yamazaki for standing Okami/Swick up on the ground and breaking them up in the clinch seconds into it.

Purely defensive stance, he was clearly afraid of Koschecks right

Thats what you get when you train with Oscar "overrated boxer" De La Hoya!

So, I read that after the Huerta/Garcia fight, Rashad Evans and Tito Ortiz had to be seperated outside the ring. I wonder why. Tito vs. Rashad might be a good little fight. As far as the WW title goes, I think ya gotta go GSP/Hughes III for the #1 contendership and maybe Serra/Koscheck for the title. Seems about right unless I'm forgetting anyone...

So, I read that after the Huerta/Garcia fight, Rashad Evans and Tito Ortiz had to be seperated outside the ring. I wonder why. Tito vs. Rashad might be a good little fight. As far as the WW title goes, I think ya gotta go GSP/Hughes III for the #1 contendership and maybe Serra/Koscheck for the title. Seems about right unless I'm forgetting anyone...

They're supposedly on the card for UFC 73.

Here.

Diego just had a horrible gameplan, but it was also a bad matchup for him and Kos was smart.

Kos is better on his feet and is a good enough grappler to keep the match standing. That was his plan and he executed it. The takedown at the end of round 1 was just good strategy, make sure he won the round without exposing himself to much danger. Diego never adjusted. He either needed to go for the takedowns himself or just come in with a 10 punch combination - probably neither would have worked but it's better than nothing.

Diego was horrible at controlling the octagon, he let Kos just keep back away and wasn't able to cut off the ring space and force Kos against the wall. When Kos was backing up he needed to press more.

Give credit to Kos. He fought smart and Diego fought like a moron.

I wonder if the Canadiens losing to the Leafs and getting eliminated from playoff contention was in the back of GSP's mind. The guy goes seem like a pretty big Habs fan, wonder if that disappointment was in the back of his mind.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!? BIGGEST UPSET IN MMA HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, that was messed up. WHAT THE GODDAMN FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT??!@?@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was all prepped to post "Nineteen and.... ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!" And be all funny and shit but then this main event totally zaps the life out of me. FUck Matt Serra and GSP will be back. ARGH

I'm never going to bother with rankings or analysis again because this fight has proved that it doesn't mean shit.

I hope BJ stays at LHW for awhile. At least long enough to fight Gomi...and possibly Joachim Hansen. BJ Penn at any weight class is good stuff, but I think he's better at 155 than 175. What a time to be an MMA fan.

Chuck already broke the All Access curse back in December when he got profiled and then beat Tito.

True, but I thought Franklin's All Access was for his fight with Dave, not Anderson, so in my own version of reality, the curse doesn't always strike for the first fight after the show.

I just watched the Serra/GSP fight on Dailymotion. While it was an upset I didn't think it's all that shocking. I thought Travis had a better shot winning his fight, but I didn't count out Serra. GSP was on a roll leading up to the fight, and I thought his reach would hurt Serra's chance on the feet.

Congrats to Matt Serra though, he's a hard guy to hate.

And UFCs 70-72 don't really look like standout shows to me. 73 looks good so far though

70 should rock, Cro-Cop has a giant target in Gonzaga's head, Sinosic usually turns in a good show as does Bisping, Arlovski/Werdum has ranking ramifications and a likely title shot down the road for the winner and we get some LYOTO on free tv.

After BJ Penn squashes Jens Pulzer he should get then next shot at Matt Serra!

Yeah because dropping two straight earns you a title shot.

The judges don't like him! One win over any Pride fighter should be enough for a title shot. Besides being on TUF 5 would make him a high profile fighter so at least the general public would know who he is. I would think the Sanchez/Koscheck fight basically killed whatever upside they both had and will most likely never get a title shot this year, too bad, I was a big fan of their's until they decided to make their fight as boring as Shamrock/Severn. GSP might get a rematch but the guy seems to get hurt alot training so you might as well forget it which would leave Matt Hughes who basically setup the seeds for their match up at TUF 4. One thing for sure is you will know both guys will give decent interviews to promote the fight. From Pride well it seems everyone in UFC is afraid of the Brazilians and Wanderlei Silva in particular but I wouldn't mind seeing Dan Henderson get a title shot either.

Atleast Koscheck beat and made Diego look like a bitch.

But Serra didn't really expose GSP's chin, because it looked like Serra punched him on the neck, I would watch the replay, but I don't think I can right now.

I'm glad I'm not the only one shocked by this. I still can't get over it. This makes no sense on any level whatsoever. GSP's chin was not exposed here, he took some tough shots against BJ as well, who also has a lot of power. He also got through a brawl with BJ who is a much better striker than Matt.

THIS DOES NOT MAKE SENSE

This totally ruined the fun of "Nineteen and....WUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN"