TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JasonX

The Shield

It was a alright episode, I thought it could've been better. After watching the Blue Comet sunday, nothing less then Shane, Ronnie, Aceveda, or Claudette getting killed wouldn't have lived up to the hype of this finale.

Fantastic episode, but really felt like a penultimate ep rather than a season finale. Can't believe we're waiting another year to see how this final story arc comes together. The one thing I didn't like was that Hiatt seemed to be pushed out pretty unceremoniously and out of left field.

Any early predictions for the last season? It's starting to feel like Vic killing Shane and going to jail for that rather than all the other shit he's done would be a pretty twisted little way for things to go.

It was a alright episode, I thought it could've been better. After watching the Blue Comet sunday, nothing less then Shane, Ronnie, Aceveda, or Claudette getting killed wouldn't have lived up to the hype of this finale.

What??

The Sopranos are ending.

The Shield isn't. Why kill off 4 major characters?

They set up next season PERFECTLY and they ended one of the best seasons of TV ever. Great stuff allll around.

I had such high expectations for the episode that I knew I would be a little dissapointed. Shane should have at least been shot or something. Other than that it was a good episode. Can't wait till next year for Acevada/Vic vs The board.

The stuff with Dutch was my favorite part. The guy is really one of my favorite characters.

They set up next season PERFECTLY and they ended one of the best seasons of TV ever. Great stuff allll around.

It really is the best way to end the season. It builds up anticipation for the next season perfectly, and after a season of holy shit moments, it was only appropriate.

it was a good episode but I was left a little underwhelmed. I was surprised when the show ended, there was no closure or come-to-a-head in shane/vic or the mexican story - so much so that I was wondering if there wasn't some mistake and the credits popped up early and there wasn't supposed to be another half hour?? It ended with Vic driving off with the car of leverage, right?

I didn't mind the ending, but it was definitely surprising seeing as how a Vic-Shane confrontation seemed almost guaranteed. I'm glad Dutch and Danny finally got together, considering it was teased all the way back in season 1 and 2.

Dutch just loves Vics trash.

And I think Danny is a HUGE slut. She probably blew everyone in college.

Screw it, I'll bite.

Considering the only people that we KNOW Danny has slept with is Vic throughout the entire series, how on earth do you consider her a slut?

Dames

Screw it, I'll bite.

Considering the only people that we KNOW Danny has slept with is Vic throughout the entire series, how on earth do you consider her a slut?

Dames

It was implied at one point that she was with the black hustler who helped her and Julian out with some of their cases.

Most of those scenes were deleted, though, when they decided to keep the baby's father a mystery.

The fact that there was a betting pool going on about the baby's possible dad implies that the other cops certainly thought she slept around, although a number of them were certainly joke bets like Capt. Rawlings or the "happy turkey baster".

Screw it, I'll bite.

Dames

She has slut written on her for some reason.

I was thinking mid-way through the episode that the Armenians were going to end up killing Mara and Shane's kid at the end as Shane tries to save Vic's family.

Screw it, I'll bite.

Dames

She has slut written on her for some reason.

That's the equivalent of me saying you have idiot written on you for some reason.

Is there any proof?

And as for the bet in the Barn during season 5 for who the father is, its only because of the fact that she didn't disclose who the father was and no one knew who she was screwing around with.

I'm just wondering where all this Danny = slut talk comes from since it sounds like a total jump in thought without much backing it.

Dames

Yeah, basically he got his job back.

Not really; at best Vic has leverage to get his job back but the question is HOW he's going to get his job back seeing how he now has about two-three days max to blackmail TPTB to get his job back. Especially since he no-showed his review board hearing, which will only make Vic saving his job seem even more suspicious than before. Let alone, the issue of what fresh hell Vic has unleashed now that he's got the developer's blackmail files in hand. The Armenians may be the least of Vic's worries if the Mexican Mafia come after Vic and his loved ones.

As for next season, a lot of problems for Vic are on the horizon: the Armenian mob, the Mexican Mafia, the inevitable doublecross by Acaveda; I would not be suprised if Shane/Vic doesn't happen and Shane dying a redemption death eliminating the Armenian mob boss he's now being blackmailed by. Also, the "Ronnie is my successor" comment could lead to some interesting stuff for season seven, in terms of Claudette annointing Ronnie the new leader of the Strike Team in the event Vic saves his job, and attempting to "turn" Ronnie against Vic in order to usurp control over the team from him. Especially if they have Claudette remind Ronnie what happened to him the last time Vic pissed off the Mexican Mafia (his face was disfigured). The notion of Ronnie turning against Vic could be the only thing that could possibly force Vic to reconcile with Shane, especially if they have Ronnie throw Terry's death into Vic's face as part of their falling out....

Liked it, didn't love it. They left way too much open for a season ender. Again they built for Vic vs Shane, and you finally thought you'd get to see the showdown...alas, another 7-10 more months untill that happens.

Hopefully the Acevada/Mackie alliance will hold this time. Interesting that Vic friends and enemies are begining to switch roles. I can't see Acevada flipping Mackie over because he has the rape photos and the story that verifies them, while Vic is pretty much 100% dependant on Acevada to keep his job and bring down the Mexicans.

Yeah, basically he got his job back.

Not really; at best Vic has leverage to get his job back but the question is HOW he's going to get his job back seeing how he now has about two-three days max to blackmail TPTB to get his job back. Especially since he no-showed his review board hearing, which will only make Vic saving his job seem even more suspicious than before. Let alone, the issue of what fresh hell Vic has unleashed now that he's got the developer's blackmail files in hand. The Armenians may be the least of Vic's worries if the Mexican Mafia come after Vic and his loved ones.

As for next season, a lot of problems for Vic are on the horizon: the Armenian mob, the Mexican Mafia, the inevitable doublecross by Acaveda; I would not be suprised if Shane/Vic doesn't happen and Shane dying a redemption death eliminating the Armenian mob boss he's now being blackmailed by. Also, the "Ronnie is my successor" comment could lead to some interesting stuff for season seven, in terms of Claudette annointing Ronnie the new leader of the Strike Team in the event Vic saves his job, and attempting to "turn" Ronnie against Vic in order to usurp control over the team from him. Especially if they have Claudette remind Ronnie what happened to him the last time Vic pissed off the Mexican Mafia (his face was disfigured). The notion of Ronnie turning against Vic could be the only thing that could possibly force Vic to reconcile with Shane, especially if they have Ronnie throw Terry's death into Vic's face as part of their falling out....

No, he got his job back. Just the way the left it makes me feel that story is all set.

And I don't like this whole Ronnie thing. There is NO WAY IN HELL Vic and Shane will be buddies again. And if they are, Vic is not the person they have been building him up to the past 6 seasons.

Once again, all it showed is that he has a window of opportunity to get his job back.

You're jumping to conclusions that haven't been stated again.

Dames

Hopefully the Acevada/Mackie alliance will hold this time. Interesting that Vic friends and enemies are begining to switch roles. I can't see Acevada flipping Mackie over because he has the rape photos and the story that verifies them, while Vic is pretty much 100% dependant on Acevada to keep his job and bring down the Mexicans.

Actually, Vic handed over the pics as a sign of trust.

Once again, all it showed is that he has a window of opportunity to get his job back.

You're jumping to conclusions that haven't been stated again.

Dames

I looked at it like he got his job back.

I guess I can't come up with my own conclusions.