TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

TNA stupidity so great it warrants its own thread

From this week's Observer, about TNA's reaction to what the fans had to say about Against All Odds:

This month David Sahadi was reading aloud website reports on the show(not the observer site)

The funniest thing is they were all ripping the show and calling it one of the worst ppv ever(Even though there was some good wrestling and a good main event).

Jim Cornette responded - "Why are we listening to this"

Mike Tenay then cracked the room by saying - "Because the New York Times doesn't cover our ppv's."

Don West got REAL MAD and it wound up with everyone agreeing that all these reports come from people on WWE PAYROLL.

As for the fan chants, that's because they are smartmarks trying to take over the show.

So, if you didn't like AAO, then you're on WWE's payroll. Which means at least a few people here need to see if their paycheck has arrived this week.

Cornette bitches about people reading reports and panders to that same community on a constant basis. I guess he can't accept that he's become a part of the idoicy that he preached against.

Guest ICHIBAN~!

What? Cornette seemed the only sane one out of the bunch. What's the point in listening to the dirst sheets' reports if you're not going to learn from them? Cornette should book TNA.

I was taking it as Cornette was bitching about the reports themselves as in the people who read them. I guess it appears Cornette was just pointing out the absurdity of purposefully bringing a even more negative vibe into the room. Which doesn't really work because he knows the locker room is reading it anyways.

Cornette taking over the head spot wouldn't help matters all that much. The issue is the direction and control throughout the promotion.

West is always a moron, so I didn't take much out of that blurb.

Guest ICHIBAN~!

The real issue is the notion that TNA don't see all this overwhealming negativity (which comes from people such as their loyal fans) as a reason to change! They're quickening their own demise, and speaking truthfully, I'm glad of it. For a company that has so much potential but continually shits on their fans, I'd be happy to see TNA gone.

20,000 buys.

Someone had to say it. And Don West saying something stupid shouldn't merit its own thread.

Hey- my warn level was never removed!

But it is funny knowing that they read the online reports

the absurdity of purposefully bringing a eveb more negative vibe into the room.

kinda like this message board

yeah, i said it

Just put Lance Storm in charge of everything. I'm sure he'll have TNA competing against The WWE in no time.

Guest reality1480

Maybe if they actually focused on the true talent instead of guys past their prime and rehashed WCW storlines they might have a shot they need to remember what got them out of weekly ppv's and a cable deal. The talent is their strength not stories sowcase the wrestling aspect and downplay the scripts. The stories they could tell in the ring could easily outshine anything russo could write. As Heyman would say highlight the positives down play the negatives.

It's funny that when it comes to being anti-WWE and making anti-WWE "shoots" These guys will cater to the internet crowd, but the second the internet doesn't like something, it's "why are we listening to these idiots"

I think we all did work for WWE at one point, but then Vince fired us all on air.

I always have a hard time believing stories like this because I have no clue who transcribes this dialogue. It's funny to think about, though. One thing's for sure, I cannot wait for Lockdown in STL. That should be a blast.

Guest NateW

This is pathetic for a number of reasons. This story shows just how obsessed TNA is with WWE and how deluded they are thinking that there's a major promotional "war" going on. TNA will never get anywhere by constantly obsessing over WWE.

The real issue is the notion that TNA don't see all this overwhealming negativity (which comes from people such as their loyal fans) as a reason to change! They're quickening their own demise, and speaking truthfully, I'm glad of it. For a company that has so much potential but continually shits on their fans, I'd be happy to see TNA gone.

You've just described the WWE on any given week.

At least RAW and ECW brands.

TNA have always been obsessed with WWE and competeing with them, i don't know why because they are WAY off being at their level yet, i mean, the companys only been round for 5 years now!

The other thing that annoys me with TNA, is them trying to cater to the internet crowd, making jokes that only the smarks get and not doing anything for the casual fans (see VKM vs VKM).

Yeah, they'd be best served ignoring WWE right now, and trying to get their own crap in order. There's so many flaws with this promotion, it's scary. The thing is, the potential is there for something really special in this promotion, and they just squander it over and over.

Guest ICHIBAN~!

You've just described the WWE on any given week.

At least RAW and ECW brands.

Certainly not. WWE change things to help them progress, they're in no way 'quickening their own demise'. For example, they're lessening the emphasize on brand split to make B show PPVs more sellable, and thus, make themselves more money. Also, look at their world wide expansion idea. Ok, you may argue that these two things aren't going to be successful (and I would disagree with you re. brand split) but at least they're attempting to make more money, this ensuring they exist.

WWE has actually been pretty good lately. There's things that could be changed, for sure, but overall their programs have been at least decent, and not completely irritating like TNA's have been for the last few months.

Guest reality1480

I wouldn't be surprised if TNA management truly thinks Vince and company are causing all the problems that they're having with the net fans. Thus actually causing management to go to Russo and say "Hey let's hit them where it hurts we'll promote their product for free every week, while making ourselves look like fools. Can we do that?" To which Russo responds "No one can make a fool out of himself better than me, sign me up."

TNA would be smart to just never mention, or even allude to, WWE in any form. It worked with Christian's debuting promo, but VKM? The balloons and cookies shit from '04? If anything that's not going to attract new viewers, it's going to make fans of WWE pissed off at the product. The average WWE is who TNA needs to be catering to if it wants to be a true national promotion, it doesn't need to insult those fans by poorly poking fun at something they like.

You know, this reminds me of 2000 era WCW when Russo and Co. started saying that the net was full of WWF spies who were all on the payroll and were out to screw over WCW.

Hell, I think most of the net critics probably wish they were on the WWE payroll, but certainly aren't.

So none of the people in that room had a comment about the "Fire Russo" chants. With Sting in the makelovetomeonabedinacasket match or whatever it was. Or was the live crowd full of wwe plants too?

(that'd actually be a pretty sweet deal, getting paid to bash tna, i'd be on vacation all day)