TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

TNA stupidity so great it warrants its own thread

It makes me fucking sick, and sad as a wrestling fan, to know that a company I once paid $40 a month to see 8 hours of original programming from has gone from being a solid wrestling product similar to WCW in its dying days (and I mean it: WCW from December 2000 until its last broadcast was oftentimes more exciting than the WWF, if only for the higher-quality wrestling) to WCW in the days when it was killing itself (Sullivan-to-Russo era 2000). I don't even care about Joe losing so much as I care about the fact that he lost not to further a storyline to really put heat on Christian but rather to punish him for a small, 2-second comment he made disparaging TNA booking. That's a bullshit thing to do to a guy that your existing fanbase fucking loves. If The Rock said something negative about the WWF when he was just becoming a truly big deal in 1999, would he have been made to look like a complete joke? No, he wouldn't have. He'd have Vince talk to him about it, and maybe job one match that doesn't matter, only to win a bigger one later that month. Joe got fucked because TNA management is seemingly filled with people so full of their own shit, so intent on hating WWE, that they don't realize that most fans these days are sick of the way the business is presented, and that most of their core fans are sick of the way the show is going.

I love it - it's neato to play to the smarks with the Mike Hickenbottom and Paul Levesque insider shoots and such, and A-O-K when Roadie and Assman head to WWE to get a TNA chant, but when it turns around and bites them in the ass they get all bent out of shape.

It's not even that it's turning around to bite them in the ass, because that would imply that WWE is doing something that breaks kayfabe on-air to tarnish the reputation of TNA and/or its workers. It's that it fucking bores the shit out of the TNA fans, be they at the ImpactZone or watching at home, and when they have a chance to voice their opinion...TNA doesn't get it through their collective thick fucking water-filled heads that the shit they're shoving down our throats isn't working.

Exactly. And I share the sentiments on the whole Joe thing - if they wanted to punish him, the Tomko job and tri-beatdown was more than enough.

Exactly...TNA is in a position right now where they _really_ need to be listening to what their fans are saying, and they're just not doing that at all. In fact, they've put in place a guy (Russo) who is known for doing exactly the opposite of what the fans want and expect. It's just terrible business for a company that is trying to grow, and in debt.

To be honest, when THE ORLANDO CROWD start to shit on your product, you know that somethings bad. I mean really, they put up with all kind of shit and cheer for it.

You know, if WWE really wanted to finish off TNA, all they'd have to do is run a couple free (or really cheap) shows in Orlando opposite TNA's tapings, and they'd probably kill off the competition for good.

Thing is, The Rock was a unique guy in that he could job constantly and stay over. That's mainly because of his insane charisma in that "Yeah they jobbed me, but I don't give a shit" vein.

Guys like Joe aren't like that. Joe is based on being a dominant wrestler and winning matches. He has some amount of mic skills, but he's not Rock level over.

As far as WWE running Orlando to bury TNA...well they ARE doing WM there next year.

This beats out anything in this thread already (as found on DOI, who says they got it from Gerweck.net):

- Before Jay Lethal came out recently at an iMPACT! taping Nash told the live crowd if they would make noise for him he would donate $1,000 to charity. Then Borash said the same thing which got the crowd chanting his name.

for some reason, HTQ, i can't stop reading this thread; i think it has something to do with the thread title. anything with the words tna and stupidity and i keep expecting new stuff. It could be a sticky.

Eventually if they went out of business it'd have to be moved to General Wrestling>Old School Wrestling, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Apparently they fixed the glitch in the system...I didn't receive my check this week. Do I need to talk to payroll?

Seriously...sounds like Cornette and company need to realize that if they want to be one of the big boys, they have to take the criticism that goes with it. The idea of Vince conspiring to bring TNA down is ridiculous.

Guest reality1480
Apparently they fixed the glitch in the system...I didn't receive my check this week. Do I need to talk to payroll?

Seriously...sounds like Cornette and company need to realize that if they want to be one of the big boys, they have to take the criticism that goes with it. The idea of Vince conspiring to bring TNA down is ridiculous.

Especially considering it's basically a free developmental territory for him.

Guest LividLiquid

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever for WWE to even acknowledge TNA or feel threatened by it. The dumbest thing Russo has done since he arrived is make it an Us Vs. Them game with VKM and Kurt's rants about WWE. Dixie Carter had the right idea some time ago when she said that the entire wrestling audience on a given monday night during the 'Wars was a combined 9.0 on some nights. If they could get even a fraction of those fans back, they'd be happy and profitable. The mission didn't used to be to take out Vince. It was just to make money. In the process of attempting one, they've forgotten the other and now neither is getting accomplished.

As far as Vince is concerned, TNA isn't costing him any money and now he needn't worry about the gentlemen he lets go, as they have another place to work that isn't a threat to his business.

TNA isn't WCW to Vince's WWE. It's more like ECW to Vince's WWE. Just a small promotion that can't compare to his empire on the national level.

The best analogy I can come up with is that TNA needs to stop trying to be Pepsi or Coke and go for being the Snapple of the wrestling world. Household name that's profitable, but nowhere near as huge as the front runners. If they can reach that point, maybe they can re-start this whole "Us Vs. Them" game.

Personally, were I in charge, I'd just fly to Stamford and talk to the billionare. Explain our position and that we're not looking to directly compete and that there's plenty of room for 2 wrestling companies in North America.

I'd also fire Vince Russo on my first day in charge, but that's beside the point.

Guest DogOn

The big wigs at TNA are making the WCW team look like a bunch of Shakespeares and Stephen Hawkins, and WWE isn't looking so bad anymore, but that isn't saying much.

The TNA writing room is sounding more and more like a nazi camp.

I think Nash missed out on his true calling in life, namely that of being the manager of a used car dealership.

I see him more as the late night informercial missionary type "For the price of a cup of coffee a day we can support, push, promote these starving indy protege wrestlers".

Sorry to steer things off a little, but is this thread necessary? Aren't we supposed to be getting behind the promotion as a #2 promotion? There has to be something to counter this year's second-rate duplicate of the Kurt Angle or Chris Jericho/HBK feud with John Cena, or the obvious Tyson/Austin knock-off with Bobby Lashley-Donald Trump/Umaga-Vince McMahon. At least Vince Russo is showing some improvements from his disasterous WCW tenure.

Sorry to steer things off a little, but is this thread necessary? Aren't we supposed to be getting behind the promotion as a #2 promotion? There has to be something to counter this year's second-rate duplicate of the Kurt Angle or Chris Jericho/HBK feud with John Cena, or the obvious Tyson/Austin knock-off with Bobby Lashley-Donald Trump/Umaga-Vince McMahon. At least Vince Russo is showing some improvements from his disasterous WCW tenure.

Vince Russo's current booking is minutely better than it was in 2000 WCW, but that's like saying pissing your pants is better than shitting your pants. Both suck and both are embarassing.

Don't take this as coming from a TNA hater, 'cause I still watch TNA and as recently as nine months ago was a HUGE TNA fan. I don't like the rationale of rallying behind the product simply because it exists when it's flubbed up a lot of stuff in the last five months. It's maddening to see TNA in its best position TV wise with the prime time Spike deal, with its most loaded roster in company history, be at its worst. And when I say at its worst, that includes 2002, because 2002 had those incredible X Division matches to counteract all the Southern-fried goofiness.

Personally, I think by pointing out the flaws of TNA I am getting behind it, because if enough true fans point out what's wrong than the company might change its direction, since the TNA brass apparently has its collective ear to the Internet. And I mean constructively pointing out what's flawed, not DVDVR flunkies "THIS IS WORSE THAN WCW PETEY WILLIAMS IS WORSE THAN VISCERA WRABBLE WRABBLE WRABBLE" silliness.

This beats out anything in this thread already (as found on DOI, who says they got it from Gerweck.net):

- Before Jay Lethal came out recently at an iMPACT! taping Nash told the live crowd if they would make noise for him he would donate $1,000 to charity. Then Borash said the same thing which got the crowd chanting his name.

It would have been hi-fucking-larious if they still didn't pop for him.

What exactly do they see in Nash he was the second worst champion in WWF, in WCW ran the nWo into the ground for years, and he basically killed the once great X Division of TNA.

I don't get it.

Vince Russo's current booking is minutely better than it was in 2000 WCW, but that's like saying pissing your pants is better than shitting your pants. Both suck and both are embarassing.

Great quote right there. I laughed out loud.

raza, it's because he's a likeable guy. He's a booking idiot, a mediocre talent when he's at his best, and pretty lame in his "so fucking hip and edgy even though I'm pushing 50" attitude...but he's got enough charisma to get him by.

I still maintain that TNA could be really solid if they put on shows similar to the 2002-2003 Nashville PPVs and did it on national TV. Those shows were bizarre at the time since they were usually better than a typical Raw in my opinion, but the thing is Vince isn't asking you to pay 10.00 for Raw every week. If they could find the proper tone and tempo for the show and get 2 hours, I think they would take off.

Nash should be the president of the pro wrestling union. He wouldn't have any idea about their actual needs but he would give them one hell of a presentation at the meetings.