TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Urban Legends and Myths

I'll start us off.

Back in the day I'd hear stories that the packaging company that McDonalds has contracted was called "100% Beef".

Somebody also told me when I was a kid that for every Pop-Tart I ate I'd lose a day off my life.

My high school had the Mountain Dew urban legend about Surge. And the dumbshits thought it was true. I literally heard a girl recounting a story of unprotected sex. Me, being Mr. Paranoid that always wraps, says "Um, you aren't worried about getting knocked up?" and she says "oh no its ok, he drank a surge first." :blink:

Mikey on the Life Ceral box died is always a fun story.

My high school had the Mountain Dew urban legend about Surge. And the dumbshits thought it was true. I literally heard a girl recounting a story of unprotected sex. Me, being Mr. Paranoid that always wraps, says "Um, you aren't worried about getting knocked up?" and she says "oh no its ok, he drank a surge first." :blink:

Mikey on the Life Ceral box died is always a fun story.

Oh fuck thats funny as hell.

Wow, soda as a contraceptive. Kids really are idiots.

What I've heard about Mountain Dew is that there is a dye in it that really can lower your sperm count, but you have to drink huge quantities of it to actually have an effect...like, more than a dozen cans a day for an extended period of time. Not sure if that's even true, but it makes more sense.

My favorite urban legend is the one about Rod Stewart (or any famous British rock star) passing out backstage before a show, having his stomach pumped, and a quart of semen being removed.

Either that or the "fun house" with all the trap doors and different levels that no one ever made it through, that was supposed to be in Chicago (or any other major US city).

Cliche, but the whole pop rocks and coke thing. Also, I remember when I was a teenager, that several kids were convinced that cafeteria burgers come from horses, which is the stupidest urban legend I've ever heard in my life. Then again I did live in Southern Ohio...

I've read stories in the past about people, usually athletes, drinking two cans of energy soda and then keeling over and dying. Are these just isolated incidents?

Don't know about that, but I've heard stories about energy drinks make people constipated.

Don't know about that, but I've heard stories about energy drinks make people constipated.

I can say from first-hand experience that there's truth to that...or maybe I just have a fucked-up intestinal system.

Guest kresh

i heard a story, about a dude, he put his penis in a girl's ass, pulled it out and it had shit on it, so he puked on her back.... and she started rubbing it around cuz she thought he jizzed on her

©bash

i heard a story, about a dude, he put his penis in a girl's ass, pulled it out and it had shit on it, so he puked on her back.... and she started rubbing it around cuz she thought he jizzed on her

©bash

Dude, what the hell makes you think that has anything to do with food?

I dunno about current energy drinks, but ephedra was all kinds of fucked up. Should have never been passed by the FDA.

In terms of urban legends... OK, KFC and most chicken growers clip chickens' beaks right? I'll believe that.

I have a Norwegian friend who believes that KFC has engineered chickens who have no beaks or feet. Just globs of meat sitting in a box.

EDIT: I do wonder what happens to the rest of chickens processed for wings. Little tiny chicken breasts? Probably what goes into a McNugget.

I dunno about current energy drinks, but ephedra was all kinds of fucked up. Should have never been passed by the FDA.

In terms of urban legends... OK, KFC and most chicken growers clip chickens' beaks right? I'll believe that.

I have a Norwegian friend who believes that KFC has engineered chickens who have no beaks or feet. Just globs of meat sitting in a box.

I've seen videos with chickens that are used by KFC and their beaks and toes are clipped. They are also genetically modified to the point that they can't stand because of the weight of their breast meat. I don't think they are capable of growing feathers either, but that I'm not positive about.

Really? If so to tell/show.

Not that the cruelty would be unbelievable. foie gras anybody? Tastes great.

"Genetically modified" is pretty much bull though, as far as I know. Domestic turkeys have tigglebiddies as opposed to their wild brethren. "Genetically modified?" No, they were bred to have big breast meat.

I've seen videos with chickens that are used by KFC and their beaks and toes are clipped.

The beaks gets clipped so not to peck other chickens, or something like that. Not too sure about the toes, but I'd believe it.

They are also genetically modified to the point that they can't stand because of the weight of their breast meat. I don't think they are capable of growing feathers either, but that I'm not positive about.

I read a while back about chickens in Israel that were featherless. Here's a quick Google from Harper's. Sadly, I was already beaten to the punch as to why these birds were naked.

Israeli scientists unveiled their new genetically modified featherless chickens, which are supposed to be cheaper to kill, as they need not be plucked, though the naked birds have been unable to mate, because the males cannot flap their wings, and they are vulnerable to mosquito attacks and disease, and they fall down stunned if they happen to wander out into the sunlight.

©bash

Dude, what the hell makes you think that has anything to do with food?

Neither did the Rod Stewart thing; but that was funny. Take it to the CS, Kresh.

I forgot I was posting in the Food folder :P

To redeem myself, how about the one where the McDonald's ball pits in the play area are breeding grounds for rattle snakes that will bite your children and kill them with venomous poison?

"Genetically modified" is pretty much bull though, as far as I know. Domestic turkeys have tigglebiddies as opposed to their wild brethren. "Genetically modified?" No, they were bred to have big breast meat.

Yeah, this is pretty much true. 99% of the turkeys used in the US are this breed that is too fat and lazy to move or mate. They have to be artificially inseminated (Worst job in the world? I vote yes.) I learned this at a local foods conference I went to with my lady, who is a health nut.

Yeah, this is pretty much true. 99% of the turkeys used in the US are this breed that is too fat and lazy to move or mate. They have to be artificially inseminated (Worst job in the world? I vote yes.) I learned this at a local foods conference I went to with my lady, who is a health nut.

Sounds like a hell of a good conference.

Guest Smues
What I've heard about Mountain Dew is that there is a dye in it that really can lower your sperm count, but you have to drink huge quantities of it to actually have an effect...like, more than a dozen cans a day for an extended period of time. Not sure if that's even true, but it makes more sense.

It's yellow 5, and it's in a shit load of other products too. But like you said, it's not gonna do anything to you unless you're just cramming your body with yellow-5. And even then I don't know that it's actually harmful.