TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 71

Chuck has been killing everybody. Rampage dropped a split decison to Lindland which many will argue he lost. Before that he struggled to put away fucking Hirotaka Yokoi. I like Rampage and all but Chuck is the overwhelming favorite for a reason.

It really depends on how Rampage fights. If he tries to technically box Liddell, he's going to get smashed.

If he relies on his power, speed, boxing ability and his chin (Which is actually DAMNED strong despite being KO'd by both Silva and Shogun. They had to work for that) to overwhelm Liddell to set up the slam, then he's got a chance. He has to use almost the same strategy as their first fight, because Liddell hasn't fought anyone since whose used it.

It really depends on HOW Rampage fights. If he fights like he did against Eastman, he's going to get KO'd.

I'm predicting Chuck in about Round 3 by TKO or KO. None of the results will really shock me though.

I think Rampage will KO Chuck in the middle of the 2nd round. I'm not hedging my bets though, this is a great matchup and it's too close for me to pick a definitive winner. Hence my, "I think" prediction.

I think the opening round will decide it. Like Hawk said, if the Jackson who almost got caught by Marvin Eastman shows up, he's going to sleep early. If he uses his jab to set up the hooks and get in close, he's got a chance of either catching Chuck with an uppercut or getting a bodylock or clinch which could lead to a slam. If Rampage is taking this I don't see him finishing Chuck until the third, maybe fourth round.

It really depends on how Rampage fights. If he tries to technically box Liddell, he's going to get smashed.

If he relies on his power, speed, boxing ability and his chin (Which is actually DAMNED strong despite being KO'd by both Silva and Shogun. They had to work for that) to overwhelm Liddell to set up the slam, then he's got a chance. He has to use almost the same strategy as their first fight, because Liddell hasn't fought anyone since whose used it.

It really depends on HOW Rampage fights. If he fights like he did against Eastman, he's going to get KO'd.

I'm predicting Chuck in about Round 3 by TKO or KO. None of the results will really shock me though.

Your opinion is worthless if you think Shogun actually knocked out Rampage.

...Whazzat? He only barraged Rampage with fifty thousand fricken knees in the corner until Rampage couldn't STAND anymore. If that hadn't been stopped, Rampage would have been knocked out exactly how he he was against Silva. So I suppose I should have put "TKO", but that was pretty much as close to a KO as you're going to fucking get with a ref stop.

Inless you honestly don't think Rampage got his ass kicked that night, if so...I dunno what to tell you.

...Whazzat? He only barraged Rampage with fifty thousand fricken knees in the corner until Rampage couldn't STAND anymore. If that hadn't been stopped, Rampage would have been knocked out exactly how he he was against Silva. So I suppose I should have put "TKO", but that was pretty much as close to a KO as you're going to fucking get with a ref stop.

Inless you honestly don't think Rampage got his ass kicked that night, if so...I dunno what to tell you.

Shogun broke Rampage's ribs less than a minute into a 5 minute fight. Rampage wasn't even close to being knocked out because Shogun wasn't even aiming for his head. He repeatedly kneed Rampage in his injured ribs until Rampage finally sat down in the corner and waved the fight off while taking one good soccer kick to the face. That's nowhere near a knockout. It was a tko due to injury, same as Shogun's loss to Coleman except Rampage actually tried to fight through his injury. That's not to say I'm saying Shogun should have fought through his, but Rampage's loss looked a lot worse just because of what he decided to do. Shogun would have been annihilated by Coleman if he had to defend himself for 3-4 more minutes with a broken elbow. Rampage was fully conscious for the entire fight.

Oh my god, he murdered him.

MURDERED HIM.

He knocked him down 3 times and then practically killed him with the last shot.

"I'm a little upset that I have to fight him instead of a contender."

Oops.

Welcome to contendership, Houston.

Eh... Salaverry didn't complain.

He very well may have been out there. Martin dropped him right on his head.

Eh... Salaverry didn't complain.

He very well may have been out there. Martin dropped him right on his head.

Salaverry's head didn't make any contact with the canvas at all. The first replay had the best angle.

Chuck's face said it all. His eyes were all crossed and he asked his corner what happened... he just got caught.

Who would boo Rampage? Fuck them.

THE CHAMP!

"Just call me notouch."

I hope Rampage destroys Henderson.

...What's wrong with Chuck? He's been one of the most dominant champions ever in MMA and he seems like a really humble, easy-going guy. Everybody likes Chuck.

...What's wrong with Chuck? He's been one of the most dominant champions ever in MMA and he seems like a really humble, easy-going guy. Everybody likes Chuck.

He has an ugly ass style of fighting and doesn't represent MMA well in interviews. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he's old and he needs to go away. I've always been a Chuck hater though.

He has an ugly ass style of fighting and doesn't represent MMA well in interviews. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he's old and he needs to go away. I've always been a Chuck hater though.

I bet you love Ortiz don't you.....

Christ, I've never loathed Chuck or anything but I've never been his biggest fan- I'm glad I bought the PPV and even more glad I get to throw the main event results in a lot of fuckers' faces.

Ortiz is quite possibly the most overrated MMA fighter of all time and deserves nothing. Chuck and Tito are the only fighters I actually hate. I hated Chuck because of the unfortunate position he had been placed in as the representative of MMA in America. I hated and still hate Tito because he's never done anything in the LHW division and he built his career off of Ken. (another overrated fighter but he's irrelevant at this point)

Once again, don't be silly. Nobody likes Chuck. People are just indifferent to him.

EVER HAD YO ASS WHOPPED BY A BLACK MAN?! IT HURTS~!

RAMPAGE MAFUCKAAAAAAS

Ortiz is quite possibly the most overrated MMA fighter of all time and deserves nothing. Chuck and Tito are the only fighters I actually hate. I hated Chuck because of the unfortunate position he had been placed in as the representative of MMA in America. I hated and still hate Tito because he's never done anything in the LHW division and he built his career off of Ken. (another overrated fighter but he's irrelevant at this point)

I HATE ortiz. He always acts like a fucking prick, like he's god's gift to MMA. I wanted Shamrock to bash his face in, but nooooooooooooo. Ken had to lose to him.

As fun as it is to rag on Tito, he is one of the guys, if not the guy that took the UFC to where it was just a year ago. It's gotten bigger since, that's why I only say a year ago.

For that accomplishment, I respect Tito. A lot of you underestimate the impact that Tito had on getting MMA more popular down here, since he was from the area and all. I became a fan because of Tito, I'll admit. And it's the same for a hell of a lot of people in the LA area.

Oh my god, he murdered him.

MURDERED HIM.

He knocked him down 3 times and then practically killed him with the last shot.

"I'm a little upset that I have to fight him instead of a contender."

Oops.

Welcome to contendership, Houston.

That was VICIOUS.