TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 3/22 Impact Thread

Preview:

impactmarch22.jpg

PREVIEW FOR THURSDAY’S HUGE “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV

Featuring Sting & Abyss vs. Christian Cage & AJ Styles

The below is the official preview for Thursday’s “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV as TNA Wrestling heads towards the April 15 “Lockdown” Pay-Per-View epic event!

HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

Sting & Abyss vs. World Champion Christian Cage & AJ Styles

For the first time ever, the icon known as Sting will team with Abyss this Thursday night on SpikeTV to take on World Champion Christian Cage and “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles! The big question is – can Sting rely on his masked nemesis to back him up? Will the chaotic Abyss stand by Sting’s side, or will he join Team Cage as the World Champion is hoping? These questions and many more will be answered this Thursday night with this huge tag team bout!

A PREVIEW OF TEAM ANGLE?

Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe and Rhino in six-man action

It was announced that Kurt Angle, “The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe and “The War Machine” Rhino have asked to compete in six-man action this Thursday night on SpikeTV, which leads us to wonder – is this a preview of Angle’s team for the Lethal Lockdown? Who will step up to take on the dominating threesome of Angle, Joe and Rhino this Thursday night? Tune in and find out!

Also on Thursday’s “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV at 9pm ET:

- According to Team 3D, they have something they want to say to The Latin American Xchange. Brother Ray and Brother Devon hope to speak to LAX personally – no violence, no bloodshed – just both sides face-to-face in the ring on Thursday night. Why are Team 3D asking for this interview time? Will it somehow put an end to the ongoing war between the LAX and Team 3D? We’ll find out on “iMPACT!’.

- Plus, it will be Eric Young of Robert Roode, Inc. facing off against the X Division’s Austin Starr this Thursday night!

- In addition, more matches will be announced for the April 15 “Lockdown” epic event from St. Louis! Tickets are still available for the Pay-Per-View at Mtrotix.com.

Discuss:

What the hell happened in the first "match" all I saw was the entrance music for Angle and Joe then it went to commercial then to Raven talking about scorpions in the desert.

I like Bob Backland last week when he wasn't hyper and was a walking talking encyclopedia this week's crazy old man was just too cheesey.

Shit Raz, only the two of us are in this thread.

Anyway, it was basically a squash as you'd expect, with Rhino hitting a gore, Angle hitting the Olympic Slam, and then Joe hitting the muscle buster for the pinfall.

Also, that Dudleyz segment with the tag belts from each federation was pretty good.

Also, that Dudleyz segment with the tag belts from each federation was pretty good.

yeah, i thought that was a strong segment too. almost as good as the one from a few weeks ago when LAX went after Bubba's arm.

I wished they would done the "throwing the belts in the trash" deal after a title change at the PPV as it would of had more meaning to it. The WCW Thunder match of Austin Starr vs Eric Young was watchable.

I'm thinking that at the PPV LAX is going to lose the titles to 3D, but then they will say they are still the TNA champions and that 3D is the NWA champions and that doesn't mean anything in TNA.

For the first time since they were streaming Impact online, TNA has put together back-to-back strong shows. It looks like they are following the WWE tradition of getting their act together in time for the big shows. This week, there were none of the random segments that don't make any sense like most weeks. Instead, everything built LOGICALLY to the PPV (how often can you say that about a Russo-booked show?). They managed to put heat on both teams for the main event, spotlight an undercard match and start cranking up the build to Harris-Storm. And Konnan and Bubba continued their battle of wits on the mic with another good promo (if only the matches were any good, they'd really be in business). At first, I cringed at the thought of an electrified cage match, but Konnan seemed to make it make sense. It's amazing that a man as stale as he was during the 3LK run can be the hottest promo man in the company now today. They finally took the next step in the Eric Young deal, though it's really going to suck if this is all a swerve that leads to a 2 on 1 beat down in the cage. Going back to tonight though, even Jackie and Kim seemed like a cage worthy feud after that brawl. The main event was strong and seemed like a big deal for TV. And though I know I'm going to hate the Abyss mama thing when it's done, they did a good job playing up the intrigue tonight. I also have to mention that AJ and Christian fighting for the spotlight was hilarious, especially when AJ did his pose in front of Christian and Christian pushed him down. Those two play so well off each other.

All in all, it's amazing how different the show has felt since they decided to include wrestling. Athough there was alot happening, it didn't seem nearly as rushed as usual. Maybe because they really focused on three themes for the night (who's side Abyss was on, Angle and Christian picking people and everybody else wanting to settle their scores at LockDown), the stuff on this show was easier to digest than most Impacts. This show wasn't great, but it was pretty damn good IMO. I'm looking forward to the PPV now, which I wasn't before.

Are they streaming it on the website or somewhere else?

I believe he's referring to the period of time after TNA was no longer on FSN, but before they debuted on SpikeTV.

Are they streaming it on the website or somewhere else?

I believe he's referring to the period of time after TNA was no longer on FSN, but before they debuted on SpikeTV.

I was referring to the summer of 2005. I still think those were some of the best shows TNA had put on. It actually started with the last two episodes on FSN, which were building up that year's Slammiversary. IIRC, those were the first shows that Scott D'Amore booked.

TNA needs to quit all the jokes about drug testing when they have Angle, Steiner and Austin Starr's back acne on their programs.