TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

The Worst Band On The Planet

My friend and I ALWAYS talk about these things. How can there be a fucking tribute album when they haven't been around that long. After one album fucking Evanescence had one, this shit needs to stop.

Speaking of which Evanescence gets my vote. There are much better female fronted metal bands out there that are actually good. Amy Lee may be hot, but I'm tired of hearing her cry about everything that happens to her.

I also vote for Panic! at the Disco. Shitty pop-punk that really needs to go away.

Hinder just flat out sucks. I HATE that fucking Lips song. His voice is horrible.

Nickelback, Creed, Daughtry all sound the same. They all need to go away.

What ever happened to oringial sounding music with feeling?

...do I really NEED to say which band of today is fucking awful in my eyes?

On the topic of middle school taste...

Yeah, mine was awful. KoRn, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, Rage Against The Machine, Amen...but, at the same time, I was also listening to Slayer, Iron Maiden, Nevermore, and The Misfits.

U2- simply because Bono's nutty ego tripping makes it impossible to even enjoy the occassional decent song they spit out from time to time. I recall that recent HBO special where he gave like a flowery five minute explantation for raising his arms in the air when he sings. WTF?

Has anybody heard the annoying Evanescene/Korn Unplugged single? Amy Lee melodramatically belting "Freak on a Leash" is so absurd sounding it's hilarious, Davis actually sounds like a fun goofy vocalist by comparision.

I'm going to skip the popular opinion here of just taking whatever poppy band's been getting the most radio play this month and say Disturbed. Not only do they scream every one of their songs in the same annoying fashion and have these childishly simple guitar riffs that they repeat over and over, but every song sounds exactly the same. Seriously, put any two Disturbed songs together from any album they ever put out, and they will be 95% the same. Trying to listen to a whole album of that (which I've unfortunately had to do a few times) is pure torture.

...do I really NEED to say which band of today is fucking awful in my eyes?

I love it! :lol:

I'd go with:

Fall Out Boy

Panic!

30 Seconds to Mars

Avenged Sevenfold

Good Charlotte

pretty much any "crunk/dirty south" rapper out there

Three Days Grace

Papa Roach (thanks to Raw, my daughter sings that goddamn song all the time!)

I think Korn is a band that wouldn't suck so bad if they would have just called it quits after their first 3 albums. The first album was something new, something different. The 2nd album, IMO, was their best one, a more finely tuned album than the first. The third was when they went mainstream and had their biggest hit. After that, it was all same ol same ol whiney garbage.

that's it for now, more to come later, I'm sure

Hinder appeals to the lowest common denomonator of musical opinion. Saliva goes for something below that.

And they fail to achieve even those lofty ambitions. Saliva gets my vote.

The feeling I get from some...is that pretty much anything popular sucks.

Which is pretty stupid.

most of what I listen to could be considered "popular" music...but I can safely say that the popular bands I listed really do suck hard, at least in my own opinion.

I personally think Hinder wouldn't be an awful band if they simply had a better singer. That dude sucks.

I dunno. If you'd asked me this a couple of years ago, I would have said Korn hands down. I'd have even gone as far as "Worst Band of the Past Decade." But a funny thing happened. I actually listened to a download of their Greatest Hits and was quite amused by it. Sure, they are terrible beyond words, but they make me roll on the floor laughing. And at least they have a distinct and very unique sound. Might not be a particularly GOOD sound, but it's certainly different.

Korn's 1st album is so bizarre. The mix is all fucked up, every instrument is blurred together at the front. Sounds like a group of metalheads completely detuned their instruments and decided to go to Seattle and record for Jack Endino. Suffocating.

Anyway, as far as the worst band right now....gotta be 30 Seconds to Mars. Not only are they a lame emo punk band, but also a vanity project for a 3rd tier actor of little regard. And Leto screams horribly on every song.

Watch Requiem for a Dream and tell met that Jared Leto's a "third tier actor of little regard". His performance in that movie was tremendous and everything I've seen him in, he's been very good.

Also, the band's nowhere near "worst on the planet". I haven't listened to their whole album or anything, but the singles are perfectly decent for radio fare. Basically, I think you're just thinking they "have to suck" because an actor's their lead singer.

Spelling it sux, sucks.

Wow no mention of ICP, glad to know they've gotten better, or the rest of the music world has gotten worse.

Eh, the fact that they acknowledge that they're one of the worst bands on the planet makes them rise above the status of Worst Band on The Planet. You're never going to hear Hinder or KoRn joke about how much they suck.

Plus, their JCW videos are pretty funny.

I vote for Fallout Boy because I absolutely hate that V-Cast phone commercial where that bodybuilder is playing their single.

Worst. Commercial. Ever.

Oh come on. That commercial GETS. ME. PUMPED.

Between that and the Fergie commercial, if my friend walked up to me and just put the headphones on me without asking and it was playing that shit, I'd hit them.

Hard.

Why Saliva? They're bad, but I haven't heard boo from them since around 2001(?). I won't call anyone "the worst" that I don't have to tolerate on an ongoing basis; they're doing me the favor of disappearing from my radar, and that must be worth a few points. For my pick, I'll choose Disturbed. Why does their singer think monkey grunts are cool (OOH-AH-AH-AH-AAAH!), let alone defile that Genesis song with them?

If they currently have a tune spinning on modern rock stations, I apologize. Maybe I've heard it but don't even realize it's them. I feel like I've been out of the popular music loop since getting an iPod for Christmas '05. Not that I'm complaining...

Spelling it sux, sucks.

Wow no mention of ICP, glad to know they've gotten better, or the rest of the music world has gotten worse.

Thats cause ICP are awesome.

No seriously, i really think there good.

Spelling it sux, sucks.

Thats cause ICP are awesome.

No seriously, i really think there good.

As do I. They may not be the "Best Band Ever" but they are great and highly influential.

...explain how ICP are "high influential." It's one thing to influence their own little subgenre (which, IIRC, is horrorcore rap...which the Psychological boys do better), but "high influential" means that they've influenced performers OUTSIDE of horrorcore rap. Explain.

yeah ICP only influenced a handfull of shitty horrorcore rappers. I wouldn't even say they had much to do with influencing Necro & them. I think Esham has had more influence in the horrorcore genre and in the mainstream too. Eminem has said multiple times that he was into Esham and even said "I'm a cross between Manson, Esham, and Ozzy" on the SSLP. ICP's influence on Eminem was much smaller. Em basically used their name to get more fame in Detroit, thats it, he's never admitted to really listening to them.