TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ROH All Star Extravaganza III

This weekend, in Detroit will be a huge weekend in professional wrestling thanks to two promotions and three star-studded and loaded nights. It begins on Friday night with ROH and a huge card.

The legendary Bruno Sammartino will be at the March 30th event only and he will be available for autographs!!!

Eight Man All Star Dragon Gate Rules Match

Austin Aries, Delirious, Rocky Romero, & Claudio Castagnoli

vs.

CIMA, Susumu Yokosuka, Dragon Kid, & Ryo Saito

World Tag Team Title Match

Naruki Doi & Shingo defend vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe

Former Partners Collide

Roderick Strong vs. Jack Evans

ROH vs. Dragon Gate

Davey Richards vs. Masaaki Mochizuki

Special Attraction

Christopher Daniels vs. Homicide

Anything Goes Mixed Tag Team Match

BJ Whitmer & Daizee Haze vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Lacey

Four Corner Survival

Matt Sydal vs. Colt Cabana vs. Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney vs. Adam Pearce with Shane Hagadorn

Plus: Nigel McGuinness, Brent Albright, Pelle Primeau, YAMATO & more!!!

I shall be there both Friday and Saturday. They look like they just MIGHT be the best ROH shows ever, despite the lack of the world champion.

I'm hugging my tickets as we speak.

Is the eight man tag main-eventing?

Don't get me wrong, it should be a great match and they don't have the World Champion on the show. But I've never been a fan of multi-man tags main event shows (outside of Survivor Series and War Games, where it's basically called for). Especially seemingly random ones. Not a big Briscoes fan personally, but hopefully the Tag Title Match main events.

Rest of the card looks good, I'm all about that Four Corner Survival.

Is the eight man tag main-eventing?

Don't get me wrong, it should be a great match and they don't have the World Champion on the show. But I've never been a fan of multi-man tags main event shows (outside of Survivor Series and War Games, where it's basically called for). Especially seemingly random ones. Not a big Briscoes fan personally, but hopefully the Tag Title Match main events.

Rest of the card looks good, I'm all about that Four Corner Survival.

ROH's Eight Man's are typically incredible and thats not counting what DG can bring. It is the main event as it should be.

That's fine and all. It's just, when the hell did Rocky Romero last find himself anywhere near the main event? What connection do the ROH team actually have? It just looks like a thrown together match, good as it'll no doubt be it doesn't strike me as something that should be a main-event.

Then again, it's a two-show shot so I guess it doesn't matter that much if they've got a strong Saturday main.

The idea is that those guys are the best fit for working against the style of DG while giving them size (Claudio) and physical strength (Romero).

Saturday's card has 4-5 matches that could easily main event (It'll be Jacobs-Whitmer)

That eight man could end up being the match of the year, easily. It's going to follow the DG formula (which is probably the greatest junior formula in wrestling) with enough differences on the ROH side to keep it from being a carbon copy of DG scrambles. The only sad part is there's no comedy guy on the DG side to work with Delirious. Someone like Iwasa could have have done something REALLY cool with Delirious.

It does kinda amuse me that DG fans bitch about ROH workers, and now in this thread I've seen someone complain about the DG workers in ROH. That's funny.

Detroit, MI- ''All Star Extravaganza III'' March 30th

Friday, March 30, 2007

1) Four Corner Survival: Adam Pearce w/Shane Hagadorn d. Colt Cabana via pinfall, Matt Sydal, & Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney.

2) Erick Stevens d. "Sugar Foot" Alex Payne in a Do or Die match that lasted about five seconds.

3) ROH vs. Dragon Gate: Masaaki Mochizuki d. Davey Richards via pinfall after a kick to the head. Said to be a good match.

- In-ring confrontation between Bruno Sammartino and Larry Sweeney. Sweeney challenges Bruno to face Chris Hero in an arm wrestling match. Hero and Larry were about to attack Bruno, but Nigel came in for the save. Bruno punched Larry. credit C&P from post on DVDVR

4) Anything Goes Mixed Tag Team Match: Jimmy Jacobs & Lacey d. BJ Whitmer & Daizee Haze. Jacobs nailed Daizee with a spear hard enough to send both of her shoes into the crowd, allowing Lacey to get the pin.

5) World Tag Team Title Match: Jay & Mark Briscoe d. Naruki Doi & Shingo. Mark botched the shooting star press to the outside and is hurt, taken to the back by paramedics. Jay managed to win the tag titles on his own and ROH has NEW tag team champions!

- Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley are in the ring. Have challenged the Briscoes for tag titles next month in Chicago Ridge on April 28.

6) YAMATO d. Pelle Primeau in a quick match.

7) Brent Albright d. Nigel McGuinness. Chris Hero interfered in the match.

8) Special Attraction: Homicide d. Christopher Daniels. Daniels said to be in full heel mode. Adam Pearce jumps Homicide after the match and now Jim Cornette is out!

9) Former Partners Collide: Roderick Strong d. Jack Evans cleanly. Said to be great with many sickening spots.

10) CIMA w/Yokosuka, Dragon Kid and Saito pinned Delirious w/Aries, Castagnoli and Romero.

Notes

*Crowd is said to be around 1200*

*Mark Briscoe might have been injured but was seen backstage*

1,200 was an overstatement, I was there and would put it around 800.

The two main events were both pretty kickass. More or less everyone wanted the tag match stopped after Mark got hurt, but since they had to do the angle with Shelley and Sabin I suppose they had to go on...but the end of the match saw Jay get his ass kicked for 10 minutes, hit two moves, and get the pin.

They were advertising like Bruno would be signing and didn't mention a price, even when they announced to the crowd they didn't mention a price, but when you got to the table it was twenty bucks...I passed.

Overall very good show, even though they goughed on tickets.

P.S. Haze getting speared out of her sneakers was fucking gold. They flew a legit 20 feet into the crowd.

20 bucks is pretty standard for a autograph, especially from a name like Bruno. I remember Matt Hardy was charging 25 for autograph and picture when he came through ROH.

Also, Gabe said the crowd was "over 1000" and he's usually straight-forward on crowd sizes. Mark suffered a concussion and will be out of action at least for tonight.

Daniels in full heel mode was a little hard to deal with, considering the previous show he was his usual babyface self, and there was no explanation as to why he was suddenly his TNA heel persona.

Strong/Evans was a great match. Whitmer and Jacobs spilled out into the crowd right next to where we were sitting--Jacobs' head landed on my chair. The downside to that sort of match is that we were missing the good wrestling from Haze and Lacey in the ring while Jacobs and Whitmer pounded on each other behind us. Oh well.

The main event was pretty awesome, and the ref actually managed to understand and follow Dragongate rules for most of it that I saw. Great reaction for the ROH wrestlers, even Romero.

After the show, we all went to Como's for pizza and beer with the wrestlers. This was my first time heading to a post-party after the show, we had a great time. I bought Brent Albright a beer and chatted him up a bit--he told me he started using the half-nelson suplex ala Kobashi to try and distance himself from looking a whole lot like Benoit. I think it looks fucking SICK, I love it. Nigel was also very friendly to us, I talked to Aries for a bit, and my buddy stood at the bar with Homicide for a few minutes. On the one hand it was awesome seeing and talking to these guys in person, on the other hand it's a bit weird and surreal since they're completely out of character, they're hanging out with THEIR buddies, and you want to try your best not to seem like a goofy fanboy asking them questions or ASSUMING they have to spend time with you. But from what I saw, no one made an ass of themselves and it was a great night.

Oh, and either Roderick is taking the heel thing too seriously, or he's a complete dick in real life. He elbowed everyone out of the way for the buffet and was as an ass to most of the fans. Only time he responded to anyone was when someone wanted to buy him a beer.

Oh, and Christopher Daniels is a Corona whore.

Will definitely be back this September for the next show.

Oh, and Christopher Daniels is a Corona whore.

The Fallen Angel needs booze, who wants to help him!?

I actually asked him if he had enough Coronas, and he told me to get two more for him.