World Heavyweight Championship
Batista© vs The Undertaker
dead.gif
4180936.jpg

WWE Championship
John Cena© vs Shawn Michaels
yayo.gif
4180944.jpg

Battle of the Billionaires(Hair vs Hair)
Bobby Lashley w/ Donald Trump vs Umaga w/ Vince McMahon
drinkpals.gif
4289368.jpg

Money in the Bank Ladder match
Randy Orton vs Ken Kennedy vs Fit Finlay vs Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy vs Booker T vs CM Punk vs Edge
fence.gif
4323882.jpg

ECW Originals vs The New Breed
roundabout.gif
4294008.jpg

WWE Women's Championship(LumberJill Match)
Ashley Massaro vs Melina©
morning.gif
4313122.jpg

Monster vs Monster
Kane vs Great Khali
poop.gif
4333752.jpg

United States Championship
Chris Benoit© vs MVP
superman.gif
4348802.jpg

Not too many matches considering the show is 4 hours. God willing Money in the Bank, MVP / Benoit and Cena / Michaels will get at least 20 minutes to a half hour.

My predictions on match order / winners

Show opens up with Kane vs Khali. Match is six different kinds of awful, and ends in under six minutes with Khali getting the clean pin. One or both of these guys will likely blade.

Ken Kennedy wins Money in the Bank next in a match that will be heavy on blatantly choreographed spots. I don't imagine Orton, Finlay, or Booker will be much of a factor as this really isn't their type of match, and is really just an excuse to get them on the card somewhere. CM Punk may steal the show. The rest should be a solid, but uninspiring clusterfuck.

Ashley defeats Melina in what will be declared the worst match of the night. Expect this to be even shorter then Kane vs Khali, and involve a lot of nonsense from the ladies on the outside, in an attempt to cover the fact that none of the women int he ring have any talent at all.

Chris Benoit defeats MVP and carries him to the match that will likely make his career. I have a feeling this will be one of those matches that afterwards everyone will be saying "MVP should give Chris Benoit 30% of every paycheck he receives from now on thanks that match". I figure this one will get a decent amount of time, and should hopefully be pretty good.

Undertaker defeats Batista to win the World title. This one will be short as well, likely under 10 minutes. I just can't imagine any possible scenario where Batista keeps the belt. The crowd would just absolutely shit all over that, but that's never stopped WWE from making idiotic booking decisions before....

Bobby Lashley defeats Umaga in the Battle of the Billionaires. This is going to be a brawl, but not nearly on the level of the matches Umaga had with Cena. Umaga proved that he can at least move around the ring fluidly and take a bump. Lashley hasn't really proved to have much of anything at all in the way of discernible talent, so this one won't be pretty.

Vince Mcmahon gets his head shaved, probably by Austin. Donald Trump takes the bump for the stunner.

ECW New Breed defeats ECW Originals. This will last just long enough for everyone to grab the last slice of pizza and take a bathroom break before the main event.

John Cena defeats Shawn Michaels to retain the WWE Title. This one should hopefully get the full half hour, and will likely be structured similarly to last years match with Triple H. It'll go back and fourth for a while before Michaels taps out to the STF.

Overall from this standpoint, unless Benoit / MVP or Cena / Michaels really blows me out of the water, this show looks like it's going to be very long and that's not a good thing. My prediction: Solid Thumbs in the Middle Leaning Down

Chris Benoit defeats MVP and carries him to the match that will likely make his career. I have a feeling this will be one of those matches that afterwards everyone will be saying "MVP should give Chris Benoit 30% of every paycheck he receives from now on thanks that match". I figure this one will get a decent amount of time, and should hopefully be pretty good.

I find it funny so many people are so quick to bash MVP's in-ring work, when he was able to drag good matches out of Kane.

I don't get where this whole "MVP is a bad worker" started. I understand some may not like his gimmick, although me personally, I'm rollin with it. But seriously, the guy is a good worker. Maybe I'm the only one who's been paying attention to his in-ring work, and not totally writing him off as a "crappy" worker. He is a very solid worker, and is capable of a good match, and with someone like Benoit, he's capable of putting on a great match.

Chris Benoit in real life, is MVP's role model, even in DSW he would pull off the crossface, and called it "Tribute to Benoit". So being able to work with your role model at the grandest stage of em all, infront of 70,000 fans, I expect MVP to be busting his ass in that match.

Well, I'm not ordering personally and I'll wait for the DVD if the show turns out to be better than expected like last year. Because on paper, it doesn't look good.

Two probable trainwrecks (Kane/Khali, Ashley/Melina), two possible trainwrecks (Batista/Taker, Lashley/Umaga) and two potential clusterfucks (MITB, ECW Match), plus MVP and Benoit which should be good but isn't anything you couldn't see on a B-show. Which leaves HBK to pull out the heavy goods on the big stage to try and carry Cena to the greatest non-gimmicked match of his career to save the show. With a bad knee.

The card just doesn't look like a WrestleMania card. There's no real WrestleMania must-see matches, outside of MITB and maybe HBK/Cena. And they need at least one, maybe two more matches to back the show up with some quality. Preferrably actual matches, rather than Tag Turmoils, Battle Royals, Cruiserweight Opens or other lazy booking mechanisms.

I hate to sound negative about it because the company has actually done a pretty good job building the show the past few weeks and improved and created some interest in the weekly shows recently. But there's going to have to be some real career-best performances all through the card to save it this year.

His name's King Booker, who is this peasent "Booker T." ?

I like Booker T better...Now can you dig that SUCKA....

I dont think Kennedy goes by his first name anymore either or Finlay with his Fit nickname...

Hell, i should have put King Edge the Awesome

This is the 20th anniversary of "Andre passing the torch" to Hogan. Lets hope they're not looking for Taker to do the same. Ditto HBK.

Is the general feeling around here Cena is going over?

pinkyAndBrain_traced.jpg

TSM are you pondering what I'm pondering why is Wrestlemania using the subtitle All Grown Up? Is Mr. McMahon a huge mark for Rugrats or what?

Does anyone else think Kane vs Khali could at least be passable if booked right? I wouldn't be surprised if the match is made a "No Holds Barred" match so the chain Kane has been lugging around can come into play. If they make it a 10 minute brawl where one or both bleed, it could serve its purpose well.

(Invader is a mark for wrestlers carrying chains around for whatever reason).

I really would like to see Undertaker lose to Batista...he has to give that "Wrestlemania streak rub" away at some point, and he's not getting any younger.

I think HBK could very well beat Cena, too.

I agree there really should be a tag team title match of some kind on the show. London/Kendrick against, say, TWGTT would be a great opener to the show.

They gotta keep Khali-kane to 5 minutes- just punch punch punch power spot power spot finish. The crowd will shit all over it if it goes longer.

I think MITB should go 25-30 this year. You have 8 guys, and I hate how taking one shot keeps you out of action for the whole match it seems

Cool use of emoticons, Ron.

I hate to say it, but this WrestleMania will be an awful lot like 18 and 19, where one of the two title matches will go on last, but we all know what the REAL main event is. :(

I really would like to see Undertaker lose to Batista...he has to give that "Wrestlemania streak rub" away at some point, and he's not getting any younger.

Yeah give it to the 40+ year old injury prone guy with no interest in wrestling... GENIUS!

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by now, but all the negativity around here towards this year's Mania has me scratching my head. Cena vs HBK, with all the great build it's had, doesn't feel like a Mania-worthy match? Batista vs Undertaker, Title vs Streak, isn't a Mania-worthy money match? All the great workers in the MITB match, a proven crowd-preaser, with great potential for terrific angles, won't make a Mania-worthy match? All the work that's been done building Umaga vs Lashley with the Trump stuff bringing long-needed mainstream publicity and it isn't Mania-worthy?

EHME, why do you say MVP "dragged Kane to good matches"? Glenn Jacobs is not exactly a poor worker by any means.

Also, I'm pretty certain Batista/UT will go on last if UT is winning, JUST IN CASE the fans shit on Cena retaining.

I'm with BL -- Kane has always been solid. Well, not always, but over the last few years. He's no legendary name in the business, and he's had some stinkers, but by and large I find him more than serviceable. Nonetheless, MVP vs. Kane has me excited as I'm hopping on the MVP bandwagon as quick as I can.

My roommate and I were talking about how many young guys they have that could be big, even if not great workers, and many of them are. Kennedy, Lashley, Masters, MVP, Kenny, Carlito, Punk, Burke, and some more that I can't remember. They've built themselves a nice foundation, it seems.

Anyway, Mania...it should be a lot of peaks and valleys, I think. There's no lock for a great match on the card, but tons of potential: Cena/HBK, Benoit/MVP, Money in the Bank. Lashley vs. Umaga could actually be a cool match if it wasn't overbooked to hell, as it will be. I think they match up well. But then, you have the diva match, Kane/Khali, Taker/Batista, and it's tough to REALLY get excited. But hey, everyone usually brings it for Mania, so hopefully the bad will be good and the good will be better.

Cena/HBK NEEDS to be great, though, or Cena will be the guy who couldn't have a good match with Shawn Michaels. The crowd's starting to ride him a little again, and he needs to show he can go in the ring. I think he will, but there's always the potential he won't. I'm not up on the current internet sentiment toward Cena -- I assume it's mediocre? -- but I like him and think he's come a long way over the past couple years.

Should be a memorable show in any case.

Yeah give it to the 40+ year old injury prone guy with no interest in wrestling... GENIUS!

Well, would you rather they wait another year, put Undertaker against someone like MVP or Kennedy, and hope he's "feeling it" that night enough to finally put someone over?

For the hell of it (And since my previous locked WrestleMania thread wasn't returned), I've decided to put up the WrestleMania Records of everyone this year

Batista: 2-0

-XX: Teaming with Randy Orton and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, defeats The Rock and Mick Foley in a Handicap Match

-21: Pins World Heavyweight Champion Triple H to win the title

The Undertaker: 14-0

-VII: Pins "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka

-VIII: Pins Jake "The Snake" Roberts

-IX: Defeats Giant Gonzales by disqualification

-XI: Pins King Kong Bundy

-XII: Pins "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel

-13: Pins WWF Champion Sycho Sid to win the title

-XIV: Pins Kane

-XV: Pins The Big Boss Man in a Hell in a Cell Match

-X-Seven: Pins Triple H

-X8: Pins "Nature Boy" Ric Flair in a No Disqualification Match

-XIX: Defeats The Big Show & A-Train in a Handicap Match

-XX: Pins Kane

-21: Pins Randy Orton

-22: Defeats Mark Henry in a Casket Match

John Cena: 3-0

-XX: Pins WWE United States Champion The Big Show to win the title

-21: Pins WWE Champion John "Bradshaw" Layfield to win the title

-22: As WWE Champion, makes Triple H submit

Shawn Michaels: 5-8

-V: Teaming with Marty Jannetty, loses to The Twin Towers

-VI: Teaming with Marty Jannetty, loses to The Orient Express by count-out

-VII: Teaming with Marty Jannetty, defeats The Barbarian & Haku

-VIII: Pins "El Matador" Tito Santana

-IX: As WWF Intercontinental Champion, loses to Tatanka by count-out

-X: Loses to WWF Interconental Champion Razor Ramon in a Ladder Match

-XI: Loses to WWF Champion "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel

-XII: Pins WWF Champion Bret "Hit Man" Hart in sudden-death overtime of an Iron Man Match to win the title

-XIV: Loses the WWF Championship to Stone Cold Steve Austin

-XIX: Pins Chris Jericho

-XX: Loses against World Heavyweight Champion Triple H and Chris Benoit in a Triple Threat Match

-21: Loses to Kurt Angle

-22: Pins Mr. McMahon in a No Holds Barred Match

Bobby Lashley: 0-1

-22: Loses in a Money in the Bank Ladder Match against Rob Van Dam, Matt Hardy, Finlay, Shelton Benjamin and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Edge: 5-0

-2000: Teaming with Christian, defeats WWF Tag Team Champions The Dudley Boyz and The Hardy Boyz in a Triangle Ladder Match to win the titles

-X-Seven: Teaming with Christian, defeats WWF Tag Team Champions The Dudley Boyz and The Hardy Boyz in a T.L.C. II Match to win the titles

-X8: Pins Booker T

-21: Defeats Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Christian, Kane and Shelton Benjamin in a Money in the Bank Ladder Match

-22: Pins Mick Foley in a Hardcore Match

King Booker: 1-3

-X8: Loses to Edge

-XIX: Loses to World Heavyweight Champion Triple H

-XX: As World Tag Team Champion with Rob Van Dam, defeats Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade, La Resistance and The Dudley Boyz in a Sudden Death Fatal 4-Way Match

-22: Teaming with Sharmell, loses to The Boogeyman in a Handicap Match

Jeff Hardy: 0-3

-2000: Teaming with Matt Hardy, loses against WWF Tag Team Champions The Dudley Boyz and Edge & Christian in a Triangle Ladder Match

-X-Seven: Teaming with Matt Hardy, loses against WWF Tag Team Champions The Dudley Boyz and Edge & Christian in a T.L.C II Match

-X8: Teaming with Matt Hardy, loses against WWF Tag Team Champions Billy & Chuck, The Dudley Boyz and The A.P.A. in a Four Team Elimination Match

Matt Hardy: 1-4

-2000: Teaming with Jeff Hardy, loses against WWF Tag Team Champions The Dudley Boyz and Edge & Christian in a Triangle Ladder Match

-X-Seven: Teaming with Jeff Hardy, loses against WWF Tag Team Champions The Dudley Boyz and Edge & Christian in a T.L.C II Match

-X8: Teaming with Jeff Hardy, loses against WWF Tag Team Champions Billy & Chuck, The Dudley Boyz and The A.P.A. in a Four Team Elimination Match

-XIX: As WWE Cruiserweight Champion, pins Rey Mysterio

-22: Loses a Money in the Bank Ladder Match against Rob Van Dam, Finlay, Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Finlay: 0-1

-22: Loses a Money in the Bank Ladder Match against Rob Van Dam, Matt Hardy, Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Randy Orton: 1-2

-XX: Teaming with Batista and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, defeats The Rock & Mick Foley in a Handicap Match

-21: Loses to The Undertaker

-22: Loses against World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio in a Triple Threat Match

Rob Van Dam: 3-0

-X8: Pins WWF Intercontinental Champion William Regal to win the title

-XX: As World Tag Team Champion with Booker T, defeats Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade, La Resistance and The Dudley Boyz in a Sudden Death Fatal 4-Way Match

-22: Defeats Matt Hardy, Finlay, Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin and "Nature Boy" Ric Flair in a Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Kane: 4-4

-XIV: Loses to The Undertaker

-XV: Defeats Triple H by disqualification

-2000: Teaming with Rikishi Phatu, defeats Road Dogg & X-Pac

-X-Seven: Defeats WWF Hardcore Champion Raven and The Big Show in a Triple Threat Match to win the title

-X8: Loses to Kurt Angle

-XX: Loses to The Undertaker

-21: Loses against Edge, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Christian and Shelton Benjamin in a Money in the Bank Ladder Match

-22: As World Tag Team Champion with The Big Show, defeats Carlito & "The Masterpiece" Chris Masters

Chris Benoit: 2-5

-2000: Defeats WWF Intercontinental Champion Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho in fall 1 of a 2-Falls Triple Threat Match to win the title

-2000: Loses against WWF European Champion Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho in fall 2 of a 2-Falls Triple Threat Match

-X-Seven: Loses to Kurt Angle

-XIX: Teaming with Rhyno, loses against WWE Tag Team Champions Team Angle and Los Guerreros in a Triple Threat Match

-XX: Defeats World Heavyweight Champion Triple H and Shawn Michaels in a Triple Threat Match to win the title

-21: Loses against Edge, Chris Jericho, Christian, Kane and Shelton Benjamin in a Money in the Bank Ladder Match

-22: Loses the WWE United States Championship to John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Breaking their WrestleMania Match Virginities are:

1)Umaga

2)CM Punk

3)Mr. Kennedy

4)Tommy Dreamer

5)The Sandman

6)Sabu

7)Elijah Burke

8)Matt Striker

9)Marcus Cor Von

10)Kevin Thorn

11)Melina

12)Ashley

13)The Great Khali

14)Montel Vontavious Porter

Well, would you rather they wait another year, put Undertaker against someone like MVP or Kennedy, and hope he's "feeling it" that night enough to finally put someone over?

I rather Taker just retire with the streak intact. many of the wrestlers in the company already gotten themselves over elsewhere, or are not good enough to rub off the streak. 2 years ago many actually though Orton should of been the one to end the streak. pfft, yeah. look wear he's at now. what a huge waste that would of been.

and it would be a HUGE crime if Taker-Batista isn't THE Mania-Event sunday.

I rather Taker just retire with the streak intact. many of the wrestlers in the company already gotten themselves over elsewhere, or are not good enough to rub off the streak. 2 years ago many actually though Orton should of been the one to end the streak. pfft, yeah. look wear he's at now. what a huge waste that would of been.

and it would be a HUGE crime if Taker-Batista isn't THE Mania-Event sunday.

(emphasis added)

Maybe Orton would be more over if he had beaten the Undertaker? I'm just saying, your logic is somewhat backwards there. He might not have gotten any more over because of it, but now we'll never know.

As far as the main event, the WWE isn't shy about letting us know that John Cena is the man of the future. Taker did win the Rumble, but so did Rey, last year. I wouldn't count on either match main eventing, they could go either way.

Personally, I'd want him to retire undefeated. This is one of the few remaining things in wrestling that actually means anything anymore and they've been pushing the streak since at least Wrestlemania XIII 10 years ago. It would be a shame to lose something this important just to put over the latest flavour of the month who will be back down in the midcard in a few weeks or some veteran who doesn't need the rub anyways. Aside from maybe Mr. Kennedy or possibly Kane, I don't see anyone in the company who would actually benefit from ending the streak, so why not let the fans enjoy something historic?

Well I'm in the camp that the business is a give and take one. Taker has been taking it for years, 15 to be exact assuming he wins this Sunday. Pro wrestling does not work like real sports where something that impressive is meant to be prided on. It's a worked sport where a guy for 15 years has decided "Ok Taker wins this match. Taker wins this match. Taker wins this match." and so on. Are you telling me that if Taker retired 15-1, it'd downplay the entire streak and his career? People can still be impressed that he lasted that long, but like regular undefeated streaks, they should always be ended at one point, and the way it is used to be ended, could potentially send a midcarder/upper midcarder in an entirely new stratosphere and give the company a legitimate main eventer with a snap of the fingers. This is a business, and that is the best business move.

Well I'm in the camp that the business is a give and take one. Taker has been taking it for years, 15 to be exact assuming he wins this Sunday. Pro wrestling does not work like real sports where something that impressive is meant to be prided on. It's a worked sport where a guy for 15 years has decided "Ok Taker wins this match. Taker wins this match. Taker wins this match." and so on. Are you telling me that if Taker retired 15-1, it'd downplay the entire streak and his career? People can still be impressed that he lasted that long, but like regular undefeated streaks, they should always be ended at one point, and the way it is used to be ended, could potentially send a midcarder/upper midcarder in an entirely new stratosphere and give the company a legitimate main eventer with a snap of the fingers. This is a business, and that is the best business move.

If there was anybody who really needed this win, then yes. But wasting it on a main eventer like Batista or a lost cause like Randy Orton isn't going to mean anything. Guys like Finlay, Booker, Benoit, etc. are all on the downsides of their careers. Most of the upper midcard is aging. This isn't exactly 1998 WCW with 10 guys just itching for their shot.

And 15-1 is nowhere near as impressive as 16-0. Would anybody remember the 1972 Miami Dolphins the way they do if they went 16-1? The 1973 was probably better than the 72 team, but nobody talks about them because they lost.

But what does 16-0 mean in a few years when Taker is retired? You've constructed a situation for Taker to give the ultimate rub and wasted it for nothing. Taker retiring with his streak intact doesn't draw you any more money. Pride and legacy don't mean jack shit in wrestling.

EHME, why do you say MVP "dragged Kane to good matches"? Glenn Jacobs is not exactly a poor worker by any means.

When I said that, I didn't mean to label Kane as a bad worker, because he is far from it, but he is a lazy worker, who hasn't, atleast IMO put on a good matches prior to the MVP matches in ages. It seems like he is very unmotivated, but really who can blame him? I hope he gets a decent title run soon.

When I said that, I didn't mean to label Kane as a bad worker, because he is far from it, but he is a lazy worker, who hasn't, atleast IMO put on a good matches prior to the MVP matches in ages. It seems like he is very unmotivated, but really who can blame him? I hope he gets a decent title run soon.

sadly, I think the title run boat has long since sailed...he certainly deserved better than a 1 day reign from a tainted victory. He does appear unmotivated at times, I can definitely agree with you there.