TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007

This was by far the worst Wrestlemania I've ever ordered and one of the worst pay per views I've ever seen. I'm probably not watching RAW this week. I'll bitch more about it later.

You shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion. This was a good show, and while I could see some parts not to like, to call this one of the worst PPVs you've ever seen is absurd

Worse PPV? Have you seen some of the shit TNA's produced over the past couple of months? Or Decemeber to Dismember?

I liked the show alot. Several very good matches and a ton of crowd heat.

The only thing that was not good to see was how big Aretha Franklin is now. Good lord, that was depressing to see.

Michaels should have been the one to offer a handshake, and Cena should have been all, "Fuck that, you lost, I'm awesome!"

UT/Batista should have closed the show.

But given that everyone expected a shit match, can you blame them for wanting Cena-HBK to close?

Come on.

Guest Smues
I liked the show alot. Several very good matches and a ton of crowd heat.

The only thing that was not good to see was how big Aretha Franklin is now. Good lord, that was depressing to see.

Yeah, but it gave us that great line about Viscera belting out the anthem. That was awesome.

While you people are going to try to argue about how that match wasn't a good finish and such bullshit.

Let's put over how great the production was tonight. The light display and camera angles were fantastic tonight.

But given that everyone expected a shit match, can you blame them for wanting Cena-HBK to close?

Come on.

Funny thing is that Taker winning in a shitty title match while a superior match happened before it would have mirrored the Wrestlemania 10 years ago.

My feelings on the night...

MITB: ****1/4 (Fun times)

Kane/Khali: *1/2 (Thankfully short)

MVP/Benoit: ***1/2 (Too short)

Undertaker/Batista: ***3/4 (Great)

ECW Match: **/12 (Just there; almost no heat)

Umaga/Lashly: **1/2 (match wasn't as good as i thought it would be, but as sports entertainment it was fine)

Melina/Ashley: 1/2* (baaaaadddddd)

Cena/Michaels: ****1/2 (Slow beginning; awesome end)

Guest Smues

Come on.

Funny thing is that Taker winning in a shitty title match while a superior match happened before it would have mirrored the Wrestlemania 10 years ago.

Minus the (alleged) crapping of Sids' pants.

Any match that begins with a guy's leg getting worked on for 10 minutes and then it's forgotten about for the rest isn't a "great match". Decent build to the finish but it was the same shit as last year.

Cena as Diesel.....hopefully we'll get an awesome tweener Cena that doesn't give a shit about anything. Tweener Diesel was the man.

While you people are going to try to argue about how that match wasn't a good finish and such bullshit.

Let's put over how great the production was tonight. The light display and camera angles were fantastic tonight.

Absolutely. The setup was also very cool as well.

Yeah I'm glad I didn't miss out on those lights. My $50 was well spent afterall.

Any match that begins with a guy's leg getting worked on for 10 minutes and then it's forgotten about for the rest isn't a "great match". Decent build to the finish but it was the same shit as last year.

Cena as Diesel.....hopefully we'll get an awesome tweener Cena that doesn't give a shit about anything. Tweener Diesel was the man.

Dickhead Diesel was one of the best characters ever. Much much better than his face character.

Yeah I'm glad I didn't miss out on those lights. My $50 was well spent afterall.

There's always gonna be negative people like you that shit on everything. Unfortunately for you, you feel that spending the $50 was a waste. Sucks to be you.

If you have a problem with how that match ended, then you don't fucking know wrestling *AT ALL*.

They built up the STFU finish for over HALF THE MATCH, with Shawn desperately trying to avoid it, and barely surviving one before. That's wrestling logic 101. A finish isn't some random headdrop or finisher. A PROPER finisher makes logical sense and is built towards.

On top of that, if you do not think the finish STFU wasn't vicious, then you know NOTHING about that hold. Cena was torking the fuck out that, even going SIDEWAYS with it. You would either have to tap out, or your neck and knee are going to be ripped to shreds.

And finally, if you do not like Cena, then quit watching WWE right now. Cena's going to main event WWE for ATLEAST the next five years, if not a decade or LONGER. He is our Hogan. Either learn to enjoy him for his charisma and GOOD wrestling ability, or just give it up. Cena is THE guy now. It's not going to change for anyone. So give it up.

LMMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's always gonna be negative people like you that shit on everything. Unfortunately for you, you feel that spending the $50 was a waste. Sucks to be you.

Yes, because I didn't like tonight's PPV that means I shit on everything

JH, I don't know what the hell you are talking about, I hardly come here and complain a lot. I hated tonight's show because it sucked. To whoever asked, no I sure as hell didn't order D2D and I barely follow TNA. Now, here's why I hated WM23:

MITB: Was an alright match. Better than last year's but not better than the first one. I was pissed that Edge got injured; if it was legit, that sucks. There weren't enough Jeff/Matt spots but thats forgivable. I'm upset Edge lost his streak but I'm glad Kennedy won if not him.

Kane/Khali sucked as expected. I hate Khali with a passion but I knew he would win. Whatever.

The backstage segment with Eugene/Cryme Tyme/Mae/Moolah/legends was fuckin' stupid until Steamboat, Dusty, and Simmons showed up, but still a waste of time.

Benoit vs MVP was a good match, but should have gotten atleast another 5 minutes. I would have been happy with either guy winning.

Taker/Batista was a good match, glad to see Taker win. The good of the night ended there.

The backstage segment with Trump and Boogeyman sucked, completely pointless.

The ECW 8 man tag was alright, I didn't expect the originals to win at all, but this match was nothing you couldn't see on Tuesday nights on Sci-Fi.

The women's match was of course horrible. Glad it was short and that Melina retained but this match should have been Mickie vs Victoria.

And now to the main event..a good match, yes. But the ending was absolute bullshit. Cena has gone over two of the greatest of all time with the same fuckin stupid submission two years in a row. It's absolutely ridiculous. One of the commentators said Cena has been champion 20 of the past 24 months. I don't hate Cena unconditionally, I thought his match with Umaga at the Rumble was great, but he should not constantly be the champion. Let him chase, it's more exciting. HBK deserves another fucking run and he should have gotten it tonight.

I just..I don't know what else to say..I'm probably not watching RAW tomorrow. It just makes me sick how much potential the WWE wastes on a consistant basis. Even the little things like not letting Fink introduce all night piss me off.

EDIT: I forgot to talk about BOTB. I think the concept was stupid, while it did get national exposure, it makes me embarrassed to be a wrestling fan. The shaving went too long, Trump looked like he would rather be anywhere else in the world, the whole thing just sucked. The match was passable, and the vanterminator was cool, but the aftermath was retarded.

If you have a problem with how that match ended, then you don't fucking know wrestling *AT ALL*.

They built up the STFU finish for over HALF THE MATCH, with Shawn desperately trying to avoid it, and barely surviving one before. That's wrestling logic 101. A finish isn't some random headdrop or finisher. A PROPER finisher makes logical sense and is built towards.

On top of that, if you do not think the finish STFU wasn't vicious, then you know NOTHING about that hold. Cena was torking the fuck out that, even going SIDEWAYS with it. You would either have to tap out, or your neck and knee are going to be ripped to shreds.

And finally, if you do not like Cena, then quit watching WWE right now. Cena's going to main event WWE for ATLEAST the next five years, if not a decade or LONGER. He is our Hogan. Either learn to enjoy him for his charisma and GOOD wrestling ability, or just give it up. Cena is THE guy now. It's not going to change for anyone. So give it up.

Is this Cena's father? Relax there boss. He has zero charisma or else he wouldnt be hated by everyone over 15 yrs old, and would have greater crossover appeal. Also you never know who the next big thing is gonna be, Who the may sign or bring up from OVW and how the crowd will react to them.

Cena desperately needs to be a heel, or a I-Just-Don't-Give-A-Shit Tweener. No, he isn't at the moment, although WWE would like to say he is.

As far as the production? I love WM in stadium settings, and 80,000 fans is awesome. But I really want more darkness. WM III was the shit with Andre and Heenan riding the cart out in front of 93,000 (oh wait, sorry, 63,000) fans that you couldn't see. For some reason, that's more powerful than practically lighting every fan in the place.

Relax there boss. He has zero charisma or else he wouldnt be hated by everyone over 15 yrs old, and would have greater crossover appeal. Also you never know who the next big thing is gonna be,

Relax there boss. He has zero charisma or else he wouldnt be hated by everyone over 15 yrs old, and would have greater crossover appeal. Also you never know who the next big thing is gonna be,

I have a few friends of mine over 15 years old who are John Cena fans.

That point about the age is moot.

The MitB match was better then it seemed live. The RKO spot off the ladder, Hornswoggle's moment and of course, the Edge spot were the highlights but Matt threatening to DDT Sharmell was great as was the spear fest with Punk getting the huge leapfrop and the string of RKO's as well. Kennedy and Punk at the end was good as well. Still lacked the punch of the first one but this was pretty good. Finlay was great here showing some range.

I liked how the two guys who will be the future were the ones at the end. Punk come off looking like he was going to win as well which makes him look good.

I don't have much to comment about here as it mostly went according to plan with the exception of Taker/Batista being much better than it had any right to be and my personal MOTN. The right person went over in every match, including the Originals & Melina which surprised me. Not the most unpredictable of Manias, but they rarely are anyways as at least lately it tends to be the one show that WWE gets right consistantly.

The result I read about Booker choosing to save Sharmell rather than go for the briefcase is something I liked. Makes him seem like a different heel than say Edge who if seeing Lita in the same position would likely shrug and keep climbing.