TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

OAO WrestleMania 23 Thread-April 1st, 2007

Edge is too skinny and will always be a tag team wrestler to me. Plus his name sucks. He's really good at what he does, but he's not a top heel. He just happens to be one of the only heels on Raw, and he's funny.

6'5 240lbs is too skinny?

What has become of the world....

If it isn't Khali, its not main event! (A WHOLE LOT OF SARCASTICNESS)

The latest Observer says the real attendance for WM was 74,687 with about 68,500 paid. They obviously did not break the Ford Field attendance record as claimed, with the inflated attendance figure being a Vince call so as to make it appear like they did.

I don't buy this...80,000+ seems legit....the Detroit Free Press said at the beginning of the week that 76,000+ tickets were sold...the WWE also released standing room only tickets for $25....they could definetly sell 4000+ tickets for $25 a pop for an Event as Large as WrestleMania in a matter of days..

I believe that if no matter what Mania drew, Meltzer would say a lesser amount even though it's not that big of a deal

And Vince would never lie about an attendance.....

The latest Observer says the real attendance for WM was 74,687 with about 68,500 paid. They obviously did not break the Ford Field attendance record as claimed, with the inflated attendance figure being a Vince call so as to make it appear like they did.

What's w/ the difference in the numbers?

Freebies, comp tickets, etc.

I don't buy this...80,000+ seems legit....the Detroit Free Press said at the beginning of the week that 76,000+ tickets were sold...the WWE also released standing room only tickets for $25....they could definetly sell 4000+ tickets for $25 a pop for an Event as Large as WrestleMania in a matter of days..

I believe that if no matter what Mania drew, Meltzer would say a lesser amount even though it's not that big of a deal

And Vince would never lie about an attendance.....

Didnt they sell like 60,000 at the initial sale...you mean to tell me that they only sold 8500 since then...they used the same strategy that Michigan State vs Kentucky used when they set the record at Ford Field....Cheap tickets just for those who want to be apart of history...Anyone couldve picked up $25 dollar ticket to WrestleMania...You'd be crazy not to if you were a wrestling fan or just someone who wanted something to do on a Sunday evening...

Freebies, comp tickets, etc.

Ah......

Whatever. This is not a big deal if they 74,000 or 80,000 in the scheme of doing big business. I watch the PPV and saw they filled up Ford Field quite nicely. Quote figures all you want but the eyes don't lie.

From the big panning crowd shots at the opening it seemed there were a fair few thousand sitting diagonally behind the entrance ramp, meaning they'd miss the titantron and the ring would appear tiny. Wonder how much those seats sold for.

More thoughts on Cena/Michaels.

The match was good, and entertaining, however it was just your typical great worker carrying a willing participant. Cena did his part, and did it well(besides the shit job selling the leg) and it resulted in about a *** to *** 1/2 match, however if the match does anything it plainly points out why Cena is not a good fit for the "Overcoming the odds" face, because the guy has no offense, when the table turns and Cena gets the upperhand, it is usually followed by a bunch of punches, kicks and then an F-U. Match Over. There is no buildup towards it.

Seeing how Cena / Michaels was the main event of Wrestlemania, what was the fucking point of Undertaker winning the Royal Rumble? It makes no fucking sense seeing how HBK was the last guy eliminated, in his hometown I might add, and yet still gets placed in the final match of WM? WTF?

It has nothing to do with Undertaker jobbing or Edge jobbing. To me, this would essentially be just a high profile match that hasn't been done yet especially at a big stage. Edge wouldn't need a win since he always come back looking strong because he is an established top heel.

Very true. As somebody mentioned before, now that Edge's WM streak is over, he can take his frustration out on Taker next year at WM. We would have a high profile and good match and it would be really cool AFAIK they've never feuded!

(when was the last time Benoit won with the swandive?)

If memory serves me correctly, I believe it was against Nathan Jones on SD in 2003.

Edge does not weigh 240 pounds. I'd say he's at 212 right now.

When you're 6'5 you can carry weight and not look it........Edge weighs more than Benoit does he's just 7 inches taller......

If Edge weighed 212lbs he'd look like Zach Gowen.

Seeing how Cena / Michaels was the main event of Wrestlemania, what was the fucking point of Undertaker winning the Royal Rumble? It makes no fucking sense seeing how HBK was the last guy eliminated, in his hometown I might add, and yet still gets placed in the final match of WM? WTF?

Because it was more important that Undertaker look strong heading into the battle of the monsters with Batista, than HBK who is more of an underdog character.

Also, Taker had never won the Rumble before whereas Shawn won twice.

Craig (Norwich, CT): I've been a big fan of yours ever since I found out that you are a pro wrestling fan, and I was just wondering how much fun fun WrestleMania 23 really was. It must have been such a great time.

SportsNation Curtis Granderson: I got a chance to sit ringside. To be there in front of 80,000 people and be inches from the whole show, was one of the best times I've had. It didn't stop from the start to the end. They delivered and satisfied the whole time.

Just to throw Undertaker a bone for never winning a Royal Rumble. Cena/HBK was proabaly planned to be the WM Main-Event all along.