TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser_Brody_

EliteXC to run MMA in USA in front of 92K fans

More Gabe fun:

--We're still not clear on exact reasons the various fighters were dropped from the Los Angeles Coliseum show, but most were likely to have been some form of failure to get medical clearance. Gabe Ruediger was dropped from the show for reasons having to do with mental stability stemming from his behavior a few months ago on Ultimate Fighter.

Now, I'm not gonna say that this is some sort of revenge on Sleazy D's part, but I wouldn't put it past the guy to somehow pull this off...

Weigh-ins for tomorrow's Coliseum show

Brock Lesnar (262) vs. Kim Min-soo (255)

Royce Gracie (188) vs. Kazushi Sakuraba (187) - both agreed to fight at 190

Johnnie Morton (213) vs. Bernard Ackah (207)

Mighty Mo (292) vs. Ruben Villareal (270)

Tim Persey (265) vs. Jonathan Weizorek (265)

Jake Shields (170) vs. Ido Pariente (168)

Melvin Manhoef (192) vs. Yoon Doon Sik (190) - both agreed to come in at 195

Hideo Tokoro (153) vs. Brad Pickett (155)

J.Z. Calvan (158) vs. Nam Phan (155)

Calvan failed to make weight and forfeits 20% of his purse

Isiah Hall (156) vs. Katsuhiko Nagata (156)

Can't get the Morton video to load, but Brock looked good against that tomato can. A few more of those and Dana will probably come calling.

Several notes:

-Goldberg on commentary for Brock Lesnar match, especially after their Wrestlemania debacle? Fucccked.

-Lesnar not tapping gloves at the beginning of the fight, hilarious.

-Lensar looked good even the guy he fought is total jobber material.

-Loved Goldberg's random yelling and screaming when Lesnar won. As if to say "YEAH! FORMER PRO WRESTLERS CAN FIGHT IN MMA! AHRAILHGOAJIHDG"

I'm glad I caught this spoiler-free. One of the worst cards I've ever seen, when production and quality of the show is taken together. Maybe some midwest shit beats it out, like any of those shows where Wayne Weems actually won a fight, but seriously, for the amount of hype and money put in, this was pathetic.

It looks like Brock has spent the past year eating doritos..

It's what happens to a body when it has to pass drugs test.

Amazing just how much Vince has conditioned people about how fighters "should look". In reality, a lumpy guy like Chuck Liddell will rip apart a lean mean bodybuilder like HHH.

"You can say your prayers and take your vitamins, but if you want 24 inch arms, you HAVE to do steroids."

I fail to see why.

Brock took down an OLYMPIC JUDO SILVER MEDALIST with ease, controlled him on the mat, and beat him to submission. Everyone looks at the guy's record, and that's BS. While he isn't a great fighter, he has credentials that rival or surpass Brock's. And Brock MURDERED HIM.

If you honestly think Brock would have struggled to take Choi down, then I dunno what to tell you. Choi has no grappling experience to my knowlege. Would have been the same thing, but quicker. Choi's only hope would be KOing Brock, and given how fast Brock shooting in, I don't think he would have had a chance.