TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

Marvel Comics - Post Civil War

Discuss what you're reading from Marvel, current storylines, please use spoilers for rumors and reveals.

Spider-Man Books

The Black Costume is back to show villains that Spidey's old rules don't apply now that May got shot.

- He's after the guy that shot her in Amazing. May's in a coma.

- In Friendly Neighborhood, Peter is Flash Thompson's assistant, Flash sees through Peter's hologram, and lets Pete stay with him. A Spider-Man from the future came to the present and was killed by who appears to be Uncle Ben. Peter and The Sandman (Sandy's dad apparently was framed for murdering the guy who looks like Uncle Ben...confused yet?) are hot on the trail of the Uncle Ben guy.

- In Spectacular, a buncha people have Spider powers and Peter wants to know why. He gets some help from Mr. Fantastic and Doc Connors to solve this. Mr. Hyde is behind all the Spider-power guys, and his next test subject was Peter's best biology student. Spidey rounds them all up and throws the Spider-power people into a jail cell when Connors can cure them. Hyde is doing this to see if test subjects that are just like Peter when he got the Spider-Powers would go "good" or "Bad". Mr. Fantastic and Peter have a not-so-friendly secret meeting, and Peter goes after Hyde in the sewers, who seems him coming.

Amazing feels like the more "important" book, but Friendly, despite this ridiculous Sandman/Peter team-up story, has nice art and I like the supporting cast. Spectacular's art bothers me, and clone/"other" Spider powers stories aren't very new.

I've kinda liked the New Avengers and Mighty Avengers issues since Civil War ended, which is odd since normally I hate Bendis' stuff. I dig the idea of the New Avengers being underground rebels while Iron Man has his own team of Avengers.

And I've absolutely loved Thunderbolts so far. Great writing and art.

One question I do have (which has actually been contradticted in different books lately I believe), is what is the deal with SHIELD? Are they international or an arm of the US Government?

I'll keep subscribin' to all the Ultimate titles.

Speaking of: when the FUCK is 2Ultimate 13 coming out? Ultimate 2 is Battle Chasers bad now. I love the book, but fucking come ON.

It can't be the art, there were like 5 lines of dialogue in 12. This is one of their flagship titles. Get the steppin;!

According to an interview in newsarama.com, Hitch has already delivered all his finished pages and now coloring work is being done. It should be in stores in May.

I've seen a couple interviews where Quesada has thrown Hitch under the bus when asked about the status of Ultimates 2 (claiming that they had no idea about the project's status cause Hitch has been keeping it to himself) to the point that Hitch had to write in to Newsarama saying 'uh, Marvel knows exactly what's going on with the issue, we're keeping them updated constantly.' Apparently it's the coloring and some absurd fold out spread that's taking the time now.

Still the level of delay is disgusting for what's supposed to be a flagship book.

normally I hate Bendis' stuff.

I'm one of Bendis' biggest supporters. The guy is awful at continuity, often goes fora chreap joke, but I think it's an editorial thing. Every non-continuity Bendis thing is good-great. USM,Powers, his independent projects are killer. He's always on time, I dunno. Maybe I'm undully influenced by USm which IS great, crazy great.

So for the future make mine USM, And Ultimate X-men. And Legion of Super-Heopes. And 52. Ok, let's just say i like comics again.And I'm fairly excited since good writers are being given the chance to be good.

I've seen a couple interviews where Quesada has thrown Hitch under the bus when asked about the status of Ultimates 2 (claiming that they had no idea about the project's status cause Hitch has been keeping it to himself) to the point that Hitch had to write in to Newsarama saying 'uh, Marvel knows exactly what's going on with the issue, we're keeping them updated constantly.' Apparently it's the coloring and some absurd fold out spread that's taking the time now.

Still the level of delay is disgusting for what's supposed to be a flagship book.

Y'know, Hitch's comments doesn't excuse the fact that he takes fucking forever to put out pencils for one "monthly" (or bi-monthly, whichever). He really owes Millar for essentially standing by him when Marvel could've gotten someone else to do the job right and on time.

Anyways, just read Avengers: The Initiative. It's not bad, and I think it's got potential to be similar to how the current New X-Men is/was structured, with a mix of new and old characters in the mix. Although I have to say, the Gauntlet character is rather absurd.

I am not looking forward to seeing Millar and Hitch leave the Ultimates.

On that note, I like the Warren Ellis T-Bolts book.

Thunderbolts 113 was really, really good. One of my favorite books Marvel puts out. New Avengers was pretty good this week, too. Best book went to She-Hulk this week (outta Marvel anyway), where in my first month of reading I got hooked. Anyone else read the book?

New X-Men was pretty "blah", Ghost Rider #10 and that were both "setup" stories for the impending next issues...coulda been better but Rider was the better book.

Iron Man 16 also felt like filler, not liking the art this issue, but the Mandarin backstory works.

Oh yeah, Thunderbolts is awesome so far, I haven't had a chance to read 113 yet though.

And Loeb and Joe Mad are replacing Millar and Hitch right? I don't really think that it's going to stack up, but hey, if they can get more than 2 issues out in a year then it's an improvement.

Oh yeah, Thunderbolts is awesome so far, I haven't had a chance to read 113 yet though.

And Loeb and Joe Mad are replacing Millar and Hitch right? I don't really think that it's going to stack up, but hey, if they can get more than 2 issues out in a year then it's an improvement.

:lol:

See the above. Marvel can't be employing Joe Mad, can they? I mean I do like his art and all, but he takes more time for stuff than Geoff Darrow. I mean, how many years did Battle Chasers run? How many comics were actually put out before he just admitted he didn't care? Like 9 issues in 2.5 years? At least Geoff Darrow has something to show for it.

We still don't have Ultimates2 13, do we?

Thunderbolts 113 was really, really good. One of my favorite books Marvel puts out. New Avengers was pretty good this week, too. Best book went to She-Hulk this week (outta Marvel anyway), where in my first month of reading I got hooked. Anyone else read the book?

New X-Men was pretty "blah", Ghost Rider #10 and that were both "setup" stories for the impending next issues...coulda been better but Rider was the better book.

Iron Man 16 also felt like filler, not liking the art this issue, but the Mandarin backstory works.

I dropped New X-Men after I saw some Skottie Young preview art for it. Total hack artist that uses a "cartoony" style to disguise the fact that he has no sense of how to draw a body properly.

Nova crosses into the world of The Initiative in issue 2. Can't wait for that.