TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Grand Theft Auto IV

Yeah...GTA is coming out at the perfect time for me as a 360 user. There's a lull afterwards long enough to sit down and get deep into the game.

Although...I have a stack of half played games or less that I could get through if I wasn't so lazy.

Same, except replace "lazy" with "hopelessly addicted to Call of Duty 4."

can't wait for GTA4. After a bit of reading about it, I kinda didn't really care because it's going to be a lot of what we've already seen. But at the same time, there isn't much else for me to play and im expecting lots of quality out of this one.

I've heard that Custom Soundtracks will be only availible on the 360, I hope this is not true :(

haha man, exclusive DLC content and custom soundtracks. Microsoft has pushed alot of money into getting some exclusive with GTA4.

Is this DLC free?

Well not sure about in the US, but over here in the UK, I know of 2 retailers (GAME and HMV) that are giving you 1000 microsoft points when you preorder and buy GTA4, so in that sense, it could be free.

I'm not overly excited about this game, but as it was said earlier, it's coming out at the right time. I can't think of another game that's coming out within the next few months that'll take any time out of playing GTA4.

I'm playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance to kill time before it releases (by the way, it is a damn fun game) and I hope I can finish it before it comes out. Once GTA comes out, I know all my free time is going to that.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance rules. And another one is coming out too, so that's good.

I'm probably going to buy GTAIV early, even though I hate paying 60 bucks for a video game. It'll sellout early, and it's to good of a game to pass up.

Don't be too sure on that, this is after all a global release. Most websites have forfilled their allocation and have put up 'sold out' signs. GAME (in the UK) will stop taking pre orders for the game probably Thursday, if not sooner.

Maybe, but the Toys R Us I work at still has about 20 copies of Halo 3 that we got when the thing came out. Obviously GameStop will be the first to sell out since they have to fill their pre-orders first leaving fewer copies for sale, but you shouldn't have too much of a problem finding it elsewhere.

That's how it is for every major release. You may not be able to get it at Gamestop, but trust me, Wal-Mart and Best Buy will have a surplus. Might be different in the UK, though.

I'll be picking it up. Though I have a backlog as well plus MGS4 coming out in May/June (can't remember the month).

That'll be when I get a PS3, myself. 80gb bundle with the game and DualShock 3? Fuck yeah.

I've never even owned a MGS game (need to pick up the PS2 three pack) but I've seen friends play them enough to know I want some.

Preordered my copy weeks ago.

That said, I find myself having pretty much zero personal hype for this game. I've not been anticipating it eagerly like the rest of you. I don't doubt it'll be good but I'm fairly ambivalent.

Preordered. Good thing I went today, because there were only one or two left at BEST BUY, of all places. Just like death by burrito, I'm going to play Marvel Ultimate Alliance to kill the time.

The game was leaked across the newsgroups last weekend, it should be hitting 'public' torrent sites soon, so expect indie stores to start selling the game early with any luck haha

This guy is f'n streaming the game live as he plays it, sound and all:

http://www.justin.tv/sculay

I can't wait!

Holy shit that looks amazing!

He just hit a car, and instead of just a simple bump, there was a sort of explosion type deal. And the person flew out of the car (and got up) in what was a sweet animation. It just looks really great, can't wait for it.

Didn't take them long to pull that video from YouTube. The website I ordered the game from posted it out to me yesterday, so I'm hoping it arrives either Saturday or Monday :D

If I'm working on Monday night, I hope I can grab my pre-sell copy at closing. Of course, Toys R Us isn't having ANY special sale for this thing, unlike almost every other store out there. We still swing from the Wii's nuts.

Yea, I haven't been this anxious for a game in a while. And some of these people having the game early, and seeing all of these vids just make it worse.

From what I've seen, the driving mechanics didn't actually look that great. Cars were really swervy, and looked really hard to handle. But maybe the people playing were just poor drivers. Or after reading this, maybe they were just bad cars

I should mention that the driving has also seen an upgrade from past Grand Theft Autos. Rockstar's RAGE engine coupled with NaturalMotion's Euphoria engine creates a game world with some stunning physics. Each brand of car handles differently (you can actually see the suspension in action as you make sharp turns). What will really surprise people is that these physics work with characters while in cars. So Niko's weight shifts to one side as he makes a turn and his head snaps forward when he slams the brakes. There is also a full neurological system built into Niko so that his body knows how to react to other objects. At one point I drove an ambulance off a high stunt jump. The cinematic camera swung around to show Niko taking his hands off the wheel and covering his face before impact.

Because that just sounds awesome.

edit- List of Gamestop stores doing the midnight sale thing.

http://www.ebgames.com/gs/landing/gtaiv/gta4midnight.pdf

Luckily the one I preordered from is doing it! So looks like I'll be playing Monday night!

Yeah I checked my Gamestop a few days ago just to make sure they were going to be doing the midnight sale. I can't wait to walk out of there with my duffle bag and deposit box full of computerized violence.