TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Grand Theft Auto IV

I on the other hand wanted as much violence as possible and shot him in the face and killed every security guard and cop on the way out.

I also shot that black chick from the dating website, "Jeni-fun" or whatever when I saw her running around because she turned me down for a date.

I didn't realize you could do the knife thing. First try I just shot the guy in the face and jumped out the window and there were a couple cars right there. I managed to evade the cops pretty easily.

I actually got the "Let Sleeping Rockstars Lie" achievement last night. It was in a game with just three other people, too.

I felt so stupid when I realized I didn't actually have to ride the tough to handle motorcycle in "No Love Lost". Chasing the guy in a car was much easier.

Which level was that? The one with dwaynes ex?

No, an early mission involving bikers ("The Lost") and one of them dating Faustin's daughter.

A weird thing (maybe not so weird?) with that mission was I always thought traffic patterns were randomly generated but as I repeated that mission SO MANY TIMES when I was chasing on the motorcycle, I realized I was getting cut off by the same idiot driver who appears to "panic swerve" when he notices someone being chased on a high speed bike. Sure seemed like that, anyway.

For "Final Interview", I started to go out the front door, after offing a few security guards. Then I decided to go back into Tom's office, and jump out the window he fell through. The cops caught up to me eventually (with 2 stars). Though that was mostly because I missed a Stunt Jump, and tried to re-do it. But I ended up with a logjam of police cars blocking the narrow pathway I needed to gather speed in.

Anyhow. :) Just jump out the window. It's only 1 story down.

Tom never went through the window for me. That's kind of awesome how we can maintain a discussion on how to do just one mission and there are situations I've never considered, let alone encountered, available in the game.

Tom never went through the window for me. That's kind of awesome how we can maintain a discussion on how to do just one mission and there are situations I've never considered, let alone encountered, available in the game.

I was thinking about this when I did a mission for Brucie where you have to chase down someone; I remember him slamming into a semi, and the back of it opened and barells rolled out of it at me. The semi also seemed like it was trying to run me off the road after the collision; it almost felt scripted.

Anyone else do it the same way?

I remember in an early mission, the first time I did it, I kicked the guy out a warehouse window, down the side of the building, and he landed in the water. The next time, I had a knife, and somehow managed to do a counter, and pretty much wiped him out before he had a chance to hobble over near the window. :(

I was thinking about this when I did a mission for Brucie where you have to chase down someone; I remember him slamming into a semi, and the back of it opened and barells rolled out of it at me. The semi also seemed like it was trying to run me off the road after the collision; it almost felt scripted.

Anyone else do it the same way?

I've definitely noticed some obviously-scripted moments. There's been times where I'll keep chasing a guy on purpose, because I figure there'll be some event coming up that I don't want to miss.

I've completed this game numerous times now, and every single time I keep meaning to shoot him out of the window (the early one where you're with Roman and get the free knife) but he never lasts long enough to do it :(

& as for 'Final Interview'.. I couldn't jump out of the window.

Guys, for those on PS3, does anybody know anything regarding Trophies for GTAIV?

I've seen people confirming and denying all over the Internet.

According to Wiki there appears to be trophies in the PS3 version. I'll probably hold off till the new year (or until the price drops a lot) before picking it up for the PS3. I have NHL 09, Motorstorm, Resistance, Pain, 1942 and Mortal Kombat II to occupy me for the time being on my PS3, so there is no real lack of entertainment on my PS3 at the moment.

Guys, for those on PS3, does anybody know anything regarding Trophies for GTAIV?

Judging from the comments at the link below, they're coming, but the patch hasn't been released yet. No clues about whether they're retroactive, either.

http://www.allps3trophies.com/retail-games...v-trophies.html

Judging from the comments at the link below, they're coming, but the patch hasn't been released yet. No clues about whether they're retroactive, either.

http://www.allps3trophies.com/retail-games...v-trophies.html

I would bet no. Burnout Paradise swore up and down that their trophies would be retroactive, and that didn't work out. There has to be some reason why it won't work.

That said, I know GTA 4 stores certain kinds of save information securely. It may be possible.

Played the game without cheats and beat it on the 360. Only missions left are the Stevie missions, but I steal the appointed car and nothing happens. The exact car in the location they tell me, and nothing. So outside of killing strangers and going out drinking there's nothing left to do

This thread got me to go back to GTA. It was my 20th (non-arcade) 360 game, and I've acquired 16 more games since. So I got a little distracted with other games, you know? It's great though, and I think I have 15 missions till the end.

Well, after numerous delays including but not limited to a 2 hour phone call, I finally finished GTA IV at 4:30 A.M. I completed Saints Row the night before GTA came out, and now I have finished GTA 6 hours before I get my hands on Saints Row 2.

I finished at 40 hours, 25 minutes, with 71.92% completion. My last play session was my longest at just under 2 hours, 55 minutes.

What's the word on the GTA downloadable content? The GTA commercials have come back, seems to me it's gotta be close considering that + the time of year.

Sometime next year. The commercials are due to the release of the PC version.

What's the word on the GTA downloadable content? The GTA commercials have come back, seems to me it's gotta be close considering that + the time of year.

Sometime next year. The commercials are due to the release of the PC version.

Actually, it's still pegged for the Fall.

So I finally beat the storyline mode. I loved the game, but was a little underwhelmed by the final sequence of missions. I went with the "Revenge" sequence at the end.

Pegerino

is the guy for the big, dramatic final kill? Really? Not nearly as satisfying as killing off Tenpenny at the end of San Andreas.

Without giving anything away, did anybody do the "Deal" missions instead? I saved another file before starting the final two missions so that I could do both, and now I'm curious to see how different things will turn out.

Ooooh... my mistake. He typed "game" which I read as "game." He probably meant "gang". You can make your guy look like a zombie if you acquire the viral "To Kill A Rockstar" achievement.