TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

So now that a team has missed the playoffs due to the retarded shootout rule, does the NHL revisit it and add a 3 points for regulation wins rule? Since it's Toronto, I'm guessing no. If it was one of the darling American teams, then absolutely.

Bumping again, since this is going to a shootout. What a way to end the season.

Ah, these commentators are great. The color guy is babbling about the Force and Jedi and Lightsabers, and it's clear that the play-by-play guy has a hilariously blatant Isles bias.

Fact is, your shitty team isn't even sniffing the playoffs if not for cheap shootout points. Enjoy the sweep though and enjoy Smyth leaving your shitty franchise this summer.

While I'm disappointed that the Leafs aren't playoff bound it's not like they weren't given chances to get into the playoff picture sooner rather than yesterday. After all, getting blown out in 2 of your last 3 games isn't the way to wrap up the year effectively.

That's why I don't care too much, because they were going to be killed in the first round anyway. Their goaltending is awful and the team has been playing terrible for the last two months. But still, shootouts need to go, or real wins need to equal three points. I'd say the latter has a good chance of being looked at.

Now then - How long until JFJ gets the axe?

I don't favor the elimination of shootouts as I find them exciting but it would make sense to me to go to a system where a win in regulation or OT = 3 pts., a win in a shootout = 2 pts., loss in a shootout/OT gets 1 pt., and a loss gets zero points.

Wah, Wah, go cry...fact is if you would have beaten us last weak with our 3rd string goalie in net, you would be in the playoffs

Now I remember why I hate Islander fans again!! Enjoy your extra 4 games!

I'm torn on that. On one hand, they were terrible the last two months. On the other hand, they were playing so well earlier in the season and should have had good position going into the stretch run, but they had a sieve in net who cost them about a dozen games. But I guess the end result would be the same if they had snuck in. They would have limped into the playoffs and gotten absolutely murdered in the first round.

This is ridiculous. The Leafs clearly blew it in other games, and now your blaming them not making the playoffs on the shootout rule????

You guys blew a 5-2 3rd period lead against Buffalo

You got spanked by the Rangers 7-2

You lost to the Isles who were on life-support without their top goalie

.....We got in b/c our guys came to play and never gave up. I did not see us winning after blowing the lead. Kudos to Nolan

I hear Don Cherry crying

Bullshit. If you think shootouts and regulation wins giving the same amount of points is fair, try watching a hockey game. Ignore that a crummy, go nowhere team missed the playoffs and think about it.

We would have made the playoffs last year if the shootout wasn't introduced, or under your scenario. It is the rules.

Get over it. Try scoring more goals than the opposition next time, like the Islanders did over the course of the season. Not to mention the unbalanced schedule that benefited (is that a word) the Leafs. The Islanders did what it took to get there.

Guest Queen Leelee

Leafs. Islanders. Does it really matter. Well, it does because it's always fun beating up on Canucks.

Heh, the Sabres vs. some scrub goalie. Rack up the stats, guys!