TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

Golf Thread April

Morgan Pressel became the first teenager ever to win a major, winning the Kraft Nabisco Championship after a terrible meltdown by Suzann Pettersen, who coughed up a four-shot lead with four to play.

Guest Queen Leelee

Morgan Pressel, niece of Aaron Krickstein! Woo! So, I'm forced to like her.

I hate the Masters because it gives me that old man racist vibe... but, I want to see good golf. And Adam Scott to win. Even though he won't, and Philly Dick will.

Guest Queen Leelee
I can't believe Leena didn't directly mention Scott's win yesterday in Houston.

2006 Masters Highlights on The Golf Channel in a half-hour.

It's Houston. Who cares. I'm tired of us winning stuff like the Booz Drinking Classic.

Guest Queen Leelee

I'm taking Vijay.

And he better be especially grouchy when he wins.

The Masters also coincides this year with a spring tradition of Barons and mine, The Mini-Masters. It's always played at the same course, always falls on Good Friday (this is the second time it's been during Masters week), we've begun implementing a few par 3 practise rounds mid-week, and of course, there's a green jacket (thrift-store bought) for the winner. This is the fifth playing, Baron's won 3 and tied with a friend of ours last year. We're not expecting Kelly Tilghman and Nick Faldo to host.

And since I'm already off-topic, Baron, your created guy in Tiger 07 looks remarkably like you.

Its ashame that I can not create my swing like in Tiger 05, then it'll be perfectly identical. Maybe a video on my swing and youtube it and send it to Golf Central so they can analyze it and say its one of the weirdest swings they ever saw.

On-topic: It'll be nice to see if Howell does well today, and of course I'll be pulling for Mike Weir up until hole number seven when he is at +4, then I'll stop caring for him.

Guest Queen Leelee

You play golf every Easter there?

It's like snowing there this weekend.

Hopefully not. Last year was great weather, and the year before was ruined because unexpectedly it snowed on Good Friday (not even weather reports were indicating it).

Southern fried chicken, baby back ribs, beef brisket and smoked sausage are on Lefty's champions' dinner menu. Sure beats the haggis that Sandy Lyle served the year after he won.

Of course, he would put fried chicken and ribs on the menu. He's trying to distract Tiger again.

Guest BLBTMLFan

Watching Phil Mickelson choke and burn in HD will be like watching......well Phil Mickelson choke in HD. Which will be awsome.

Justin Rose will come out and win swiftly. Just a feelin I've got.

I prefer the U.S. Open. The Masters is fun, but a little too snobbish.

I just can't pick against Tiger.

Potential feel-good story of the tourney. Brett Quigley making a run after a wife gives birth to couples first child days earlier.

Watching Phil Mickelson choke and burn in HD will be like watching......well Phil Mickelson choke in HD. Which will be awsome.

Justin Rose will come out and win swiftly. Just a feelin I've got.

Was Leena banned? Or did she have a child with Marvin?

Guest Queen Leelee

Oh, come on. I'd never like a Brit like Justin Rose. And I'd use one of my many lame nicknames for Philly.

Heh yea, the Masters is quite pretentious for being the 3rd most important major. Silly Southern racists. But the tournament is always fun to watch.

Personal favourite, I'd rather win the Green Jacket over the US Open, but not the Clarett Jug.

Guest BLBTMLFan

Baron, I have a bone to pick with you!

How dare you show Canadiens Cup Banners and have this, this BLASPHEMY below it.

"Glory, Honor, Pride, Tradition, Success"

HONOR! HONOR!

Bob and Doug Mackenzie would be rolling over in thier graves, if they were dead.

Add the U

Baron, I have a bone to pick with you!

How dare you show Canadiens Cup Banners and have this, this BLASPHEMY below it.

"Glory, Honor, Pride, Tradition, Success"

HONOR! HONOR!

Bob and Doug Mackenzie would be rolling over in thier graves, if they were dead.

Add the U

Deaf ears, new guy. I've been saying that for months. (I'm remarkably anal about Canadian spelling).

Go ahead, ask Baron about Sheldon Souray. I dare you.

Thanks to a wisdom tooth I had extracted this morning and some really great painkillers, I'll be home from work and watching the streaming online Amen Corner coverage tomorrow. Awesome.